PDA

View Full Version : Problem Imagine

Jack In The Box
02-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I bought my imagine from a local resale place, and when I bought it everything was working fine. At my first big event with it, it worked great for about the first hour, then the problem started. I would be firing as normal, and suddenly my bolt would jam as it returned, it would barely come back. I could manually pull it into position and it would again work for a short period of time, then the same problems would occur. I completely dismantled it, did a thorough oiling job, checked all o-rings for any cracks etc, and all was well. Upon putting the marker back together, it would work for a short period of time and again start with the problems.

Any wisdom on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

WhatThaSmurf
02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
My tired mind says the springs, but I'm slightly sleep deprived at the moment. I'll get back to you tomorrow when my mind is fresh.

Jack In The Box
02-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds good man, thanks.

Jack In The Box
02-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Im still waiting for a few insights on this problem. Anyone?

Backmanshooter
02-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Sounds like not enough pressure...Low tank?

vwjimmy
02-19-2007, 06:05 AM
My first thought is the striker o ring....I think I would replace it, reclean and oil it and try again. Oil every o ring and make sure all parts are clean. Swab out both tubes too. Make sure all the parts are in the marker and that it is assembled correctly. Make sure your CO2 tank is full enough. Remember, rapid fire in cold weather with CO2 can freeze up the o rings and cause problems, so if it happens again...let it warm up and see if it fires OK.
Good luck and welcome to the forums! :)

SupaSnipa
02-21-2007, 03:16 AM
same thing happend with my compact but i oiled & put in a new spring & it worked like a charm

shunut
02-21-2007, 05:27 AM
My first thought was low tank pressure.

Jack In The Box
02-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was previously using co2, but I recently upgraded to compressed air. I havent had a chance to use it on my imagine yet, but I will at my upcoming event. I will give everything a try. And thanks for the welcome Jim.