PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know Spydas are THAT popular?!?!

kidonfire
02-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm browsing AV and I see this ad.....

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/kidonfire/AVPBguns.jpg

They dominate the top ten sellers and teh only one that beats them is the Ion.

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Its not an ad really..its more of a list of whats been bought the most. And yes, if they werent so "expensive" or if they fit my tight budget i'd buy a few. ;)

bamf-hacker
02-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Its not an ad really..its more of a list of whats been bought the most. And yes, if they werent so "expensive" or if they fit my tight budget i'd buy a few. ;)

HUH....

He was showing us that Spyder's are the 9 most purchased markers. What are you talking about?

Ace24
02-16-2007, 08:11 AM
The reason so many people buy them is because of the price. They are cheap, reliable, and a great entry level gun for any beginner. They also have a very high customisable rate.

It's nice to see that though.

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 08:12 AM
HUH....

He was showing us that Spyder's are the 9 most purchased markers. What are you talking about?I'm talking about meeeeeeeee. :dodgy:

I was refering to the chart. If I had more money I'd buy them too, as well as other people, making them high on the most purchased marker.

turbo chicken
02-16-2007, 08:14 AM
go kingman!!! ... although im not suprised ... kingman has a good balance of marketing and i'd be willing to bet that in sheer units sold that they blow the competition out of the water ...

Make them cheaper than the competition
Price them cheaper than the competition
So they can sell more than the competition cause they are plain cheaper ...
and make just as much money ...

WhatThaSmurf
02-16-2007, 09:57 AM
The Pilot ACS is on there with 2 color configurations, #2 and #4. And they are 8 if the top 10, Dan.

Nenkitsune
02-16-2007, 11:18 AM
yeah, the proto rail is just above the vs2 and vs3

Oscum Guy
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
wow. i expected some more sp guns on that list. no timmys. and regular spyders are higher than vs series.

marvin-martian
02-16-2007, 12:07 PM
not surprised at all. most popular entry level marker, so more people have them.

boomerisnuts
02-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I actually saw that a while ago. Not really suprised that the pilot blue is so popular After all the pilot forum is like the 5th or 6th biggest forum and the biggest forum dedicated to a spyder marker.
boomer

Oscum Guy
02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
whats that forum's url?

boomerisnuts
02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I meant on this site. The pilot section is the 5th or 6th biggest and the biggest one that is soley for paintball guns. I am going by the number of posts/threads.
boomer

nbishop66
02-16-2007, 12:51 PM
wow. i expected some more sp guns on that list. no timmys. and regular spyders are higher than vs series.

Nothing but the ION (BTW it was #1) is under $250 or so. Kingman makes more disposable markers than probably anyone on the planet. Next from SP is the Epiphany @ $400, then $650 for the Shocker. When you make decent markers for around $120, they are going to sell the hell out of them. All of my son's friends own Spyders, but one owns a DM7. We are the only ones out of 10 that have SP IONs. I personally don't know anyone with a Shocker, but it will be my next gun.

Oscum Guy
02-16-2007, 12:55 PM
that would be awesome to be the one with a dm7 with peole that all have spyders. lol.

boomerisnuts
02-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I was just going to say(type?) that. Even though the gun really doesnt make the player you could definetly lay down some paint. I bet he is picked first lol:p
boomer

nbishop66
02-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Mommy and Daddy have more money than brains. My kid and I have IONs and WE ARE NOT AFRAID! The kid who bought my son's Pilot ACS does pretty well against him.

He's an OK player, my son kicks some serious butt though. We'll play him (my son) 4 on 1 and he usually wins. The Little punk takes me out first (I'm the most aggressive player in the bunch), then works his way through his buds. I wish I could get him on a team.

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Mommy and Daddy have more money than brains. My kid and I have IONs and WE ARE NOT AFRAID! The kid who bought my son's Pilot ACS does pretty well against him.

He's an OK player, my son kicks some serious butt though. We'll play him (my son) 4 on 1 and he usually wins. The Little punk takes me out first (I'm the most aggressive player in the bunch), then works his way through his buds. I wish I could get him on a team.How old is he?

vwjimmy
02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
HUH....

He was showing us that Spyder's are the 9 most purchased markers. What are you talking about?
Sarcasm escapes our mod buddy.......

Oscum Guy
02-16-2007, 02:28 PM

He's an OK player, my son kicks some serious butt though. We'll play him (my son) 4 on 1 and he usually wins. The Little punk takes me out first (I'm the most aggressive player in the bunch), then works his way through his buds. I wish I could get him on a team.
wow the marker gives that kid that much of an advantage. he wins 4-1?:mcdonplus: - just had to post that. lol.

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
wow the marker gives that kid that much of an advantage. he wins 4-1?:mcdonplus: - just had to post that. lol.He has it his way, :dodgy:

CareBear-Killer
02-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Now, take that list and compare it to used markers for sale on ebay... You'll find lots of them there, but you won't find very many used VS or PMR markers. So apparently Dye/Proto and Spyder did something right with these markers... I know they're pretty knew but people must like them enough to not sell them right away. ...Give the list some time and the VS and PMR will probably move up in rank.

Besides, Spyders have some of the easiest maintence out there, they really are perfect for a new player or for someone looking to "spruce" things up a bit and not spend their life savings in the process.