PDA

View Full Version : pilot vs. vs2

ttam13xlpb
02-15-2007, 05:08 PM
is the vs2 a big step above the pilot?will it hang with the ions stock and stock?

shunut
02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
The biggest difference between the Pilot and the VS series is the operating pressure. The VS series opperates at a much lower pressure than the Pilot. If you put aside the difference in design of internal and external parts the a pretty similar. If I had to choose between the Pilot and VS2, I'd take the VS2.

ttam13xlpb
02-15-2007, 07:09 PM
is the vs2 noticably faster?

CareBear-Killer
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure what the Pilots are rated at.. the VS2's are rated at 25bps. Not sure that anyone is really capable of doing that on a field, but yah... As Shunut said the biggest difference is the operating pressure. Also, will you be using CO2 or HPA/N2? CO2 is not reccomended for use with the VS series, but I know CO2 will work on the pilots.

If you look at stats, the VS series should be able to hang with the IONs and the like.

shunut
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
is the vs2 noticably faster?

Most fields don't allow more than 15 bps anymore so any faster than that is a waste, besides showing off. Most people can't achieve higher than 10-15 pulls per second anyway on true semi. I think both guns are physically capable of reaching any rate of fire you are capable of achieving. That being said, I'd still go with the VS.