PDA

View Full Version : So i love my school system....

Hossy
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Well, with all this wintery weather, i got out of school wednesday, thursday, and they just annouced no school tomorrow.
we only got like 4 inches, but we got alot of ice.

The message on their site is

EMERGENCY MESSAGE: 2/15/2007 at 3:45 PM
Montgomery County Public Schools will be closed on Friday, February 16, 2007, due to the continuing difficulty of removing ice and snow from school system facilities and public sidewalks. All school and community activities in school buildings also are canceled. All administrative offices will open on time.

How cool is that?
Thank god for this weather

durrell
02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
It's cool till you have to make it up..lol.

Backmanshooter
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Oswego schools, in NY, have to take time out of their feb break cause they had a full week of due to all that snow. Sucks for them. :)

ooglieboogliebob
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
You suck ... I don't get off friday. I did get off today though. Maryland sucks for inclimate weather ...

marvin-martian
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
i hate snow days. the makeup days make it feel ssoo much worse than a regular school day. i always root for delays.

Hossy
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
eh well, I <3 my maryland county

we got a 5.5 day weekend. what a blast

edit : actually a 6.5...no school monday

yod3r
02-15-2007, 01:43 PM
i got school off today cuz i was sick but the isnt a chance at all of us gettin a snow day. The superintendent or w/e hasnt in the last 3 or 4 years cancelled school even though we have had more than an inch of ice on the roads and the other day we had over 2 feet of snow. The thing that really sux about that is we get a week each year for snow days and if we dont use them then we stil have to go to school those days so hossy ur freakin lucky haha

marvin-martian
02-15-2007, 01:49 PM
people freak out and close everything here for half an inch of snow because nobody knows how to drive in it.

Theheroguy
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I used to live in mg county howard county has a lot better road services and everyone here is stiff so we don't getas many delays/cancelations but at least we don't have 8 emergency days built in the year.

Ace24
02-15-2007, 06:33 PM
We had two days off last week and just had yesterday, and today off. There is a rumor that tomorrow will be off too. I hope not. That means another full day of robotics for me :(. (Yeah, when schools closed, I still have to go to school to work.)

Eh.

people freak out and close everything here for half an inch of snow because nobody knows how to drive in it.
No kidding. I've only been driving for a year and I handle my car better then half the people on the road up here, its pathetic. NYers do not know how to drive. They are pretty much handed the licences. Our tests arnt even that hard, and the testors dont give a ****.

I love how everyone's parents freak out when they hear I've been driving in this weather all day... yet I'm fine, and didnt come close to crashing... Hmmm. (The key is to be calm at all times... when you freak out, you make bad choices.)

colonel_moo
02-15-2007, 07:02 PM
bahh! i hate being in an area with excellent snow removal systems!!!

im a senior this year too, and set graduation date = no snow day makeups! last year they hit the jackpot, we started school a week late because of construction and had like 10 snow days. this year, we've only had the one snow day wednesday :( .

Oscum Guy
02-15-2007, 07:05 PM
This is my third day in a row out of school this week and i had 2 last week.

calebh
02-15-2007, 08:46 PM
heh, i got all yall beat. school let out at 1000 one day because a huge ice storm was on its way. they went ahead and told us school would start the next day at 1000. storm never showed up, so we had a full 24 hours off for nothing, and we dont have to make it up. that was a fun day.

badlandsrox
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, with all this wintery weather, i got out of school wednesday, thursday, and they just annouced no school tomorrow.
we only got like 4 inches, but we got alot of ice.

The message on their site is

EMERGENCY MESSAGE: 2/15/2007 at 3:45 PM
Montgomery County Public Schools will be closed on Friday, February 16, 2007, due to the continuing difficulty of removing ice and snow from school system facilities and public sidewalks. All school and community activities in school buildings also are canceled. All administrative offices will open on time.

How cool is that?
Thank god for this weather

Whats with every one and shutting schools cuz of weather?
is being at home instead of school really gonna help? your going to hang out with your friend's, anyway, therefore you are on the road. Here in calgary, even if theres a huge dump of snow 3 or four feet overnight, we still have school, if we get 2 years worth of rain in 1 month, no one shuts down schools even though there are roads with enough water to submerge a car, and flood malls, we still go to school, there is very rarely a snow day here

marvin-martian
02-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Whats with every one and shutting schools cuz of weather?
is being at home instead of school really gonna help? your going to hang out with your friend's, anyway, therefore you are on the road. Here in calgary, even if theres a huge dump of snow 3 or four feet overnight, we still have school, if we get 2 years worth of rain in 1 month, no one shuts down schools even though there are roads with enough water to submerge a car, and flood malls, we still go to school, there is very rarely a snow day here
if their sidewalks and roads arent safe, and someone gets hurt, the school is very liable for it.

vikingshadow
02-16-2007, 04:39 AM
We haven't had one snow day in 9 years. And that's with 3 inches of ice on everything at times, including roads. Our district figures that most of our kids live inside the city limits, and if the superintendent can make it to work, so can the kids....

bamf-hacker
02-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Well snow days have a whole new meaning once you have kids....

Now a snow day means panic on who will take off work to stay home with the kids.

Work doesn't care about snow :(

vikingshadow
02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Hahahaha! Reminds me of the old saying, "Parents never fully appreciate teachers until it rains on Saturday!"

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I like the rain.

It makes me all wet...:)

El Duche
02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
be happy while it lasts, my chancellor happens to live about 2 blocks from my campus. no way will I see a snow day during my college career. I had to drive about 25 miles or so when every single school in the area cancelled.

Backmanshooter
02-17-2007, 04:54 PM
My sister has classes tuesday/thursdays..and it sucks to be her because everything closed wednesday..

moral of story...idk I'm bored and thought i'd share.

phatphil
02-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I had one day of school last week. :)

calebh
02-17-2007, 05:05 PM
be happy while it lasts, my chancellor happens to live about 2 blocks from my campus. no way will I see a snow day during my college career. I had to drive about 25 miles or so when every single school in the area cancelled.

any NE texans remember when every school in the dallas area EXCEPT DISD closed? i bet they had like 6 kids show up to school.

newkid
02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
yeah the last 2 weeks I've been to school a total of 3 days, case I was sick last week and I only went to school monday cause of snow and today it's snow like 4 inches

Backmanshooter
02-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I had 3 days this week. Monday,Tuesday and Thursday. Now I'm on February Break. Woo. I go back the 26th, my dads birthday.