PDA

View Full Version : ACS Bolt and Alamo City Prob

Glasher
02-14-2007, 01:08 PM
My ACS bolt is fine but allows blowback...my alamo city bolt prevent blowback but has scratches on it and it seems to offer some sort of resistance at the second oring and you can see scratches just before the o-ring, I tried to sand it down same resault...would sanding the bolt do the trick ?

Maxx-Damage
02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I think its the t-cocking mechinism, i have scratchs on my bolt.

darth massacre
02-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Someone posted about this before. The explanation was the striker pin hitting the U shaped groove when its working back and forth deforming the parts on the insides. I believe the problem was solved by occassionally filing down the said area with a needle file.

I don't remember which thread its at. That's all I can help.

ViperX
02-14-2007, 09:20 PM
It's not your bolt, it's the milling inside the bolt chamber where the cocking mechanism allows the cocking bolt to move back in forth in. Take your barrel off and pull the bolt then look down the empty chamber, you will see the areas, if not put the bolt back in and hold the barrel end up towards the light and you will see where the bolt is making contact at. You will have to file down the problem areas inside the chamber before tearing your bolt up any further. This is a pretty common problem with MR2 owners.

Sturm
09-29-2007, 02:25 AM
I would like to know whats the best and what prevents chops:

-the stock ACS bolt (it prevents chops)
-Alamo city bolt (does it prevents chops without the ACS system ? )
#Low Blow or the standart with 2 oring´s ?

I use a Empire Reloader B force feed vl.

Thanks

chnk
09-29-2007, 06:05 AM
I would like to know whats the best and what prevents chops:

-the stock ACS bolt (it prevents chops)
-Alamo city bolt (does it prevents chops without the ACS system ? )
#Low Blow or the standart with 2 oring´s ?

I use a Empire Reloader B force feed vl.

Thanks

use a standard 2 oring, the lowblow isnt anything special for the extra $. if you have a force fed hopper you shouldnt have that many chops.

shunut
09-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I the future please start your own thread instead of bringing a thread back from the depths. With the exception of asking about the stock ACS bolt and Alamo City bolt, the topic of your post has nothing to do with the original topic.

jbtoronto
10-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Again! Use good paint: that would reduce the chopping.

that's what i have to say...