PDA

View Full Version : Victor II Upgrades

hjennings
02-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Hello all!

This is my first post. I just bought a new Victor II and I am trying to upgrade it... I thought the Spyder was supposed to be easy to upgrade?

I installed a J&J 12" ceramic barrel and I'm trying to install a Palmer Stabalizer. Why in the heck does Spyder have a different block on the Victor II??

I could use TWO adapters to get the Palmer to fit, but I don't want to do that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll have to by a new front block, right? That sucks!

Also, how do I install the new stainless line? The original line has the nice swivel end, but the new line doesn't. Take off the drop forward, install the line, then put the drop forward back on?

Thanks!

PS

I already have anti-siphon tubes on my tanks. Just bought an Archon hopper to try out. Anything else you'd do? This is my first Spyder.

Backmanshooter
02-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Hello all!

This is my first post. I just bought a new Victor II and I am trying to upgrade it... I thought the Spyder was supposed to be easy to upgrade?

I installed a J&J 12" ceramic barrel and I'm trying to install a Palmer Stabalizer. Why in the heck does Spyder have a different block on the Victor II??

I could use TWO adapters to get the Palmer to fit, but I don't want to do that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll have to by a new front block, right? That sucks!

Also, how do I install the new stainless line? The original line has the nice swivel end, but the new line doesn't. Take off the drop forward, install the line, then put the drop forward back on?

Thanks!

PS

I already have anti-siphon tubes on my tanks. Just bought an Archon hopper to try out. Anything else you'd do? This is my first Spyder.Good choice in spyder. Cheap and its very easy to upgrade.

Good choice in barrel. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. You need a new Vertical adapter [VA] in order to use a reg. Yes, you'll need to buy a new VA. Trinity has different angles, which look cool.

Microline is harder to install than macroline. You might need to get a new swivel, depends on which way you want it to go.
You can take off drop, install line, then put drop back on.

Hope that helped.

Antisiphon wouldnt really matter with this spyder. I never heard the Archon Hopper.
Play with your spyder, find what you need to make better. then let us know.

ooglieboogliebob
02-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Anti-siphon would make a difference since liquid co2 would not rush into your gun, freezing it.

Macroline would be a better choice than microline since microline is very restrictive.

You will need to buy a new Frontblock known as a VA. I would suggest going for a high-flowing one. I would reccomend the Assault Block first, then the Trinity.

If you decide on putting a lot of money onto this gun, I suggest buying a higher end gun that is better, and just as pricey.

hjennings
03-22-2007, 09:51 PM
OK I put on a new 32 degrees high flow front block, larger LPC, the Palmber Stabalizer, new hopper, shorter SS line, 12" J&J barrel, anti-siphon tube, and polished the internals.

Its lound, compared to my Marauder (w/ basically the same mods and a 14" Proto Dye barrel).

It rocks, though. :)

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Congrats on getting your gun upgraded. Now go out and have some fun with it!

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Not bad. Go play with it. ;)

BTW...A new LPC doesnt really change anything, well what I've seen. You never know. ;)

hjennings
03-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I put on the new LPC mainly bc it looked cooler than the old one! ;) I used the old one and put it on my BE Marauder (with a lathe, a tap & die set, and some skills ;) ).

Headed out this Sunday to have some fun! :D