PDA

View Full Version : new to the mr1/paintball questions....

stabmasta
02-13-2007, 07:22 AM
hey there im a noob and i have a couple questions....i just got an mr1 and used it once, so far i like it, at least more than the crappy old tiipman 98 rentals i was using before.

anyway, im using c02 in a 16 oz can, and the gun seems a little heavy or offbalance, was thinking about a remote...anyone recommend this? any remotes to avoid? i play woodsball.

what is the most accurate barrel for distance shooting? i am a pretty aggressive player, but i like to get a dominant position and snipe a bit, i am a hunter so i'm used to longer shots than in paintball, but with the stock barrel im getting balls that curve wickedly on occasion, or drop, etc.I know pb ballistics are crap, but pls help me here. I want both more distance, and accuracy if possible.

Thankx!!!

Hossy
02-13-2007, 09:04 AM
hey there im a noob and i have a couple questions....i just got an mr1 and used it once, so far i like it, at least more than the crappy old tiipman 98 rentals i was using before.

Welcome to the forums! Check out the spyder bible at www.ottersccustoms.com

anyway, im using c02 in a 16 oz can, and the gun seems a little heavy or offbalance, was thinking about a remote...anyone recommend this? any remotes to avoid? i play woodsball.

a remote is a remote....and there fine. If you want to get the weight off the gun, which it seems like what you want to do...then get one

what is the most accurate barrel for distance shooting?
All barrels are basically the same, you cant shoot farther with one, because the guns are chronoed at the same velocity...so there is no such thing as a paintball sniper. i am a pretty aggressive player, but i like to get a dominant position and snipe a bit, i am a hunter so i'm used to longer shots than in paintball, but with the stock barrel im getting balls that curve wickedly on occasion, or drop, etc.I know pb ballistics are crap, but pls help me here. I want both more distance, and accuracy if possible.
the best way to get accuracy is to get paint bore to barrel bore match...so a kit would be nice if you want to spend the money. if you look in my sig that the Ultimate resource thread, there are good upgrades there. Id suggest a smart parts barrel.

Thankx!!!

read above

jimj90
02-28-2007, 06:03 AM
from what I hear the J&J ceramic is good.....but I'm new too..and I just got one in the mail and I havent fired it yet....need some cash to gas up and buy some paint...LOL..

yod3r
02-28-2007, 09:55 AM
get the j&j ceramic