PDA

View Full Version : Four teenagers killed in Oswego accident - Slow down Kids

Drefish99
02-12-2007, 08:10 AM
We are seeing this more and more in the news over here. This one is close to Moe and thought about him when I heard about it.

Four teenagers killed in Oswego accident (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070211oswego,1,1269223.story?coll=chi-news-hed)

Kids stay safe out there and please be careful.

Moe
02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah, this all happened right down the street from me. I had a friend who saw it happen. I didn't personally know any of the kids, but I know many people who did know them. It was a 23 year old driving the car, which was a small sedan packed with nine people. I beleive alcohol was involved, and the driver is going to face anywhere from 6 to 20 something years in prison. So very sad.

I feel so bad for the girl I know who saw it. She was a couple minutes behind the accident but she saw a huge flash and didnt know what had happened. It was dark out, so when she drove by she didnt see anything really, but a car was already pulled over. She drove by. She called me and told me all this and I was just like wow, weird. Little did either of us know that the car was full of kids who she was personally friends with. She started getting calls the next day of what had happened. She was devastated, knowing that she drove by it. She has been very shaken up as of late. I would ask, if anyone can, please pray for all the families and friends of the victims.

edit: I just saw it on TV for the first time. It's so weird seeing people who I know on tv, seeing places that I know. It makes it hit home kind of.

Theheroguy
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
know how you feel I have friends whos friends got killed last year cuz the girl driving lost control and her friend didn't wear a seat belt so she died. There wasn't even alcohol just to fast on are windy roads

wear a seat belt kids

Drefish99
02-12-2007, 09:45 AM
wear a seat belt kids

Qft...

Also don't pile into cars. I know as teens we all do it. Heck I used to when I was younger and being at the age where I have my own children I now see what my parents were yelling at me for.

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I dont understand people. I know I'm only 16, but I'm smart enough to know whats right and whats wrong. I know I'm not perfect but god damn impressing friends is a nasty trend.

I really do hate it.

Theheroguy
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I dont understand people. I know I'm only 16, but I'm smart enough to know whats right and whats wrong. I know I'm not perfect but god damn impressing friends is a nasty trend.

I really do hate it.

we are the ones that survive

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
we are the ones that surviveLuckily.

We could be on the other end of it. The people getting hit from their reckless driving.

tater_salad
02-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I can't get mine until I'm 18 becuase my mom thinks that is stupid to be driving at 16.:waytogo: So I still have 4 years until I'm on the road.

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I got my permit and my moms making me take drivers ed...I'm not a bad driver. I do like to speed, but only if the roads are semi dry or dry. Never when they are wet. I'm smarter than that ;)

Ace24
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
That is really sad. :(

...wait there is an Oswego in Chicago? I swore you guys were talking about NY. We have one up here too. :confused:

This is why I dont drink to get drunk. Bad stuff happens when there are drunk people around :(

What pisses me off is the fact that when your drunk, your muscles are relaxed. Hence causing you less damage if you get into a car accident. The drunk ones causing the accident are the ones that deserve to die, not the innocent. It's a sick reality. :( This is why you always hear about the drunk person surviving.

Theheroguy
02-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Luckily.

We could be on the other end of it. The people getting hit from their reckless driving.
just like ace said it's messed up especially for those on the recieving end

Ares
02-12-2007, 04:50 PM
drive safely, and always wear your seatbelt.

i was recently in a wreck of my own. 90mph into a pole and i survived. it was a very humbling experience i dont ever want to be in again. if my car was just a little more to the right, i wouldnt be here right now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/ares9989/PICT0185.jpg

Maxx-Damage
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Ares, that musta been a weak pole. Howd u hit a pole goin that fast anyway?

And is that a volvo?

Moe
02-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Here is a picture of the car. Image, 9 kids in there. It is a miracle any of them survived.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/akamoe/10988006.jpg

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow. How do you go 90 mph and find a pole?

And that vehicle looks like it rolled 10x after hitting a wall.

Ares
02-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Ares, that musta been a weak pole. Howd u hit a pole goin that fast anyway?

And is that a volvo?
i was lucky enough to hit it with a glancing blow. i got the car to hit on the side instead of head on. thats an accord

Ace24
02-12-2007, 09:14 PM
i was lucky enough to hit it with a glancing blow. i got the car to hit on the side instead of head on. thats an accord
You are lucky... as good as the crash ratings are on Honda's... from the ripped off right fender and basicly your frame... you would have been dead. Maybe thats a sign not to go so fast around poles? lol.

Wow. How do you go 90 mph and find a pole?

And that vehicle looks like it rolled 10x after hitting a wall.

I believe thats the result of the "Jaws of life." Not total impact damage.

Also... going 90 isnt hard to find a pole if you hit a corner. I was going 94 in my Buick on the throughway dodging traffic going 65-70. Oh, and taking a pic of my MPH at the same time on my cell phone lmao.