PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to use my VS today.......

DRAGON
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I finally got to use my VS2 today in play. I've tested it before but never really used it in a game(s). I had only 1 chop and I beleive that was because I'm using some pretty old paint that had a few dimples in it. It's Ultra Evil which made it worse since the fill is so danged thick. I not too enthused about the thought of having to clean that out of the eyes of the VS. After that it worked like a charm. The Fasta hopper worked flawlessly feeding it. It was fairly inconsistent over the chronograph. I've only shot around 1000 balls through it thus far so I don't think the reg is fully broken in yet -

After the 3rd game with the VS I got my LP Imagine out(I alway use at least 2 markers during the course of the day). Even though it runs at 300psi and has little recoil, I really noticed the difference in recoil compared to the VS2. It was a bit less with the VS. Quite frankly, I played better with my Imagine. I think it may be due that I've had the Palmer's that's on it for 4 years now. It's well broken in and it shoots more consistently. It may sound strange but, I think I like the bit more recoil lol. Another factor may be that it has a small drop on it and feels better because it's more snug to my body using the 68/45's with it. I think the VS will be more comfortable once I install the small Shocker drop on it. The trigger is a bit tighter on my Imagine as well. Today surely wasn't one of my better days on the field but my games got much better using the Imagine. All this may even stem to that I'm just used to playing with my LP Imagine. The VS might just take some getting used to. I think once I finally fit and customize the VS to my specs and it becomes a bit more consistent, it'll fall into place as another of my favorite Spyder's -

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Nice...

Sounds like the imagine treated you better than the VS2...if you want a dm4...I'm willing to work something out. ;)

DRAGON
02-11-2007, 05:35 PM
No thanks, I already have an EP. I rarely use it because it shoots too much damned paint -

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Haha. Very true. Plus buying batteries sucks.

Even though I dont want to play semi anymore, I may want to try a VS2. Is it worth it?

Opteron-O3
02-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Very worth it :thumpup:

I'm kinda like you Dragun, the VS2 is nice and all, but I can get over the fact that I like playing with my older spyders than I do to my VS2... it just doesn't feel the same... I think I'm just gonna sell my VS2 and continue with my other Spyders... maybe buy another one and put only quality parts into it :D

DRAGON
02-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I agree with you there Op but me tinks in time with some tinkering, I'll learn to grow right into this VS. Besides the J&J barrel, my VS is completley stock at this moment -

CareBear-Killer
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
::cough cough:: otters spyder bible ::cough cough:: :D

With some tinkering, you'll make the VS2 feel right at home. Then you won't feel like you're cheating on your other markers. hehehe.