PDA

View Full Version : Terrible day for the mr2

yod3r
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
ok as most of u no iv had my mr2 for a while now but i havnt went out and played since i got it because nobody wanted too. Well, today i did and it was terrible i was so mad. It has had about 1,500 balls through it and has worked flawlessly except for the things i messed up on and wasnt the guns fault. Well when i went out today i was pumped and ready to kick some of my friends butts and the first ten balls i shot were perfect, it all went downhill from there. After it chopped a ball and i had to go clean it out while i was doing that i missed about 4 games. When i cleaned it i also took off my qloader because i thot that might be it and put my empire reloader on. I shot about 3 balls fine and then it chopped again. This happend for about three hours and then i finally got tired of it and quit. Could somebody plz tell me whats wrong and how to fix it. Iv already broken in the bolt and the detents are the black ones so those things couldnt be it. Do i need to just get the alamo city bolt? Also i forgot to metion that i was using co2 with a remote coil and it was about 17* out. Srry for the long post but could some1 plz tell me how to fix this prob so i dont make myself look like an idiot again around all my friends with walmart guns.

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Ahh.

That sucks. Sad,sad day for the mr2. :(

yod3r
02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
ya i kinda have anger problems and i was close to throwing it at the ground as hard as i could

Glasher
02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
^ not very helpful

Where does your ball break ? In the feedneck ? Barrel ? The black detent one still sucks as hell I sugest timmy for sure that would get barrel breaks out of the way and if you wanna keep the ACS bolt then I suggest to keep using your reloader b and combine it with a regulator such as bob long torpedo or palmer...if you don't care about keeping the ACS bolt then a Alamo city bolt can sure the blowback theirfor curing feedbeck break...you can combine all of the above for more options if after all that it still chops I suggest return it to Kingman.

DRAGON
02-11-2007, 05:32 PM
The weather and paint to barrel match may have had something to do with it. 17* is pretty danged cold. I'd never play in that type of weather lol. It was around 75* here today and a perfect day for ballin. **tease tease** ;) If you were using thin shelled paint you can expect chops which are actually breaks. Did you notice of the trigger was bouncing at all? I think that was the worse part of using mine. I didn't have too may chops because the ACS bolt was working but it was frustration having to recock the marker all the time. I've been working on resolving all that since -

wylde01
02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
well co2 and cold weather dont mix. also what type paint were you using and how old was it?

Hob Hayward
02-11-2007, 05:35 PM
New bolt.

I'm starting to have the feeling that kingman's ACS bolts are messed up again, because it seems like everyone is having chopping issues about now. Come to think of it though, I had the same issues with my imagine back when I used an ACS in the winter.

You need a better breach seal than the ACS can provide in the cold which is why I'd say get an ACP bolt, besides with your q-loader chopping from low feed rate should NOT be an issue, besides, a better breach seal helps quite a bit in accuracy.

DRAGON
02-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree, the ACS was one of the worse things Kingman ever devised. Thing is, with an unadjustable rof, having a board that is capped at 25BPS w/o eyes is just asking for trouble even with a hopper that'll feed at that rate. The rof of the board is consistent but the feeder is not. Therefore you can rest assured of chopping. If it was at least adjustable you could lower the rof and make it less likely to chop from the inconsistent rate from the hopper. I never chop using my Imagine(15bps) using my Zeggo or Fasta but if I used my Imp w/o the vision on it will for sure chop because I have the board set at a higher rof -

yod3r
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
1. the balls are breaking in the feedneck. I really dont care about the acs so it wouldnt bother me to get the alamo bolt because i really want to use my qloader. Also i couldnt give it back to kingman because i bought it used.

2.i hate u haha jk but i wish it was that warm down here. What do you mean by the trigger bouncing and the acs bolt didnt work at all but i did have to recock the thing alot

3. i was using a mix of jt tactical, and stryker which both are horrible and i got it all at christmas but its been outa the bag because i thot i was gonna play but didnt and i cant wait till my crossfire tank gets here

4. ok well im pretty sure im gonna try to save up the money to get the ACP bolt, how many o-rings should i get in it tho?

Well i think to solve all my problems i need a new bolt and new detents, do you guys think that should solve everything?

MVS1
02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Man its a damn shame that so many people are experiencing chopping issues with tghe MR2. It sure is a sweet looking marker, but reliability wise they seem to have a couple of issues. I think I might be able to get my hands on one and do some experimenting. Has anybody out there tried installing eyes on one?

***Edit....Anybody out there have an MR2 with a t-board that wants to have eyes installed on it, I happen to have a set of break-beam eyes laying around not doing anything :D ***

yod3r
02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Man its a damn shame that so many people are experiencing chopping issues with tghe MR2. It sure is a sweet looking marker, but reliability wise they seem to have a couple of issues. I think I might be able to get my hands on one and do some experimenting. Has anybody out there tried installing eyes on one?

i totally agree with you, if this gun didnt look so freakin sweet id sell it in a heartbeat but i really want this to work out beings it looks so cool

wylde01
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
man i dont know what to say about all these people having troubles. ive had mine for about 9 months now and have had no probs with it. im pretty sure new detents, ac bolt, and that tank you are getting should cure your probs but if not then you just got a defective mr2 amongs all the other people. sorry.

yod3r
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
i so envy u lol, im pretty sure i dont have the money for the bolt and the detents so il prob just end up getting the red delrin bolt from AC and see if it solves the probs but how many o-rings should i get on it?

darth massacre
02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
The consensus seems to be 2 - the 3 o-ring bolt with the o-ring brushing against the detent isn't gonna help much though I personally feel that o-ring is the most important. I took out mine coz it was pushing the detent in a wierd way that I didn;t like. PBGrandpa took out his coz he let rip about 400 rounds and it just broke his detent.

yod3r
02-12-2007, 05:53 AM
alright well it looks like im gonna be getting two bolts from ACP because my friend that i played with yesterday just bought an mr2 and he doesnt want to have the problems like i had

Maxx-Damage
02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
It was most likly do to the cold.(if that hasnt been established yet..........)
U can get the 3oring bolt, the detents might wear out just a lil faster.

But not to brag, but my mr2 hasnt been a pain. Infact its been better than a lot of my friends high end guns.

yod3r
02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
also i just looked at some of the balls i was using cuz i had some left over and they wer dimpled like crazy

Glasher
02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Ya prolly cold weather and cheap paint but you should still use a AC bolt cuz it's great imo. When the MR2 chops are fixed that gun is simply soooo lethal specially with a T-Board.

tygger91
02-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Its the Bolt - Mixed with the cold weather. Cold Weather = More Brittle Paintballs.

Stock Bolt = Heavy Blowback and Co2 entering the feedneck really really really fast if you got a badder quality control bolt from Kingman.

Basically means your are shooting paintballs out of a second hole.

Q-Loader, I Use one with my Mr2 in FLorida, where is like 80*
No problems, never chopped with it, but painballs did Break in the feedneck.

A new Alamo City Bolt with the extra O-Rings should solve the problem as the excess Co2 cannot escape as easily through the feedneck.

Sooo.. Either Move to Florida and play, or get a new Bolt. AC ones are great, I plan to get one too!

Hob Hayward
02-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Just grab an alamo city bolt, they're cheap and quality, I'd say get 3 o-rings just for better seal.

Keep in mind putting eyes in WILL NOT stop you from chopping, the issue causing chopping here is not at all related to crushing the ball with the bolt, otherwise the ACS would prevent that.

yod3r
02-12-2007, 06:13 PM
haha i was definatly not planning on getting eyes on it, thats way to much work for me not to metion the money too

chagrinback49
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
i think that it is that the pressure is set to 850 psi but randomly jumps to up to 1000 psi crushing balls? I think a regulator might fix this? Has anyone tried this?

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Ya. Try playing in a warmer area, maybe indoors if you can. Also, get better paint. ;)

yod3r
02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
i was using a co2 tank, and iv tried everything at wal-mart except visible impact and it all sux. Is visble impact good?

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Theres your problem. ;)

Dont waste your $$ on walmart paint. Support your local field.

yod3r
02-12-2007, 06:52 PM
haha my "local" field is over an hour and a half away, i live in a tiny town and there are only 130 people in my school lol, no way im drivin that far for paintballs no offense or anything

Hob Hayward
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
You could always order paint online, some places have free shipping on paint from time to time, without free shipping though, its just too expensive...

yod3r
02-12-2007, 07:21 PM
ya my and a couple of friends have been thinking bout doing that because you get a discount if you buy a couple cases

The Booth Man
02-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Visible Impact is pretty good paint. It has a tough shell (that sometimes bounces off of opponents), and I haven't had any chops with it yet.

As far as CO2 in cold weather goes....

-It has a greater tendancy to turn into liquid in the marker while you shoot

-You will know when you are shooting liquid CO2 when you start seeing a white, snow like substance coming out of the barrel

-This can cause your marker to shoot at a higher velocity than normal
(Liquid -> Air releases more energy than Air -> Air)

-> A velocity above 300 fps can cause some major chopping problems as well as lots of blowback up the feedneck

Glasher
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Ya but, I'm in the same situation as him my local field is an hour of car from where I live and I can't drive their each time to get my gun chrono correctly. And a Chronographse is expensive.

QuiGonKen
02-12-2007, 11:48 PM
so...getting the Del-flo bolt with 2 or 3 orings would be a recommended upgrade for the MR2?

yes?

yod3r
02-13-2007, 05:45 AM
haha ya it was turing to liquid really bad booth man, me and my friends were joking round saying it look liked it was smokin a bong or sumtin lol.

QuiGonKen i dont no what the del-flo bolt is, all i no that if you have chops and ACP bolt should help

QuiGonKen
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
QuiGonKen i dont no what the del-flo bolt is, all i no that if you have chops and ACP bolt should help

thats the only bolt i found in AlamoCity for the Mr2 lol :D

yod3r
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
lol o i didnt no it was called the del-flo bolt haha my bad

QuiGonKen
02-13-2007, 08:51 PM
lol no worries i didnt kno either i just found the only one that works for the MR2 and posted hoping that it was the right one :D lol

The Booth Man
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Ya but, I'm in the same situation as him my local field is an hour of car from where I live and I can't drive their each time to get my gun chrono correctly. And a Chronograph is expensive.

Yeah they are expensive, but well worth it! I just bought mine for $85 last weekend.

Anyway, back to liquid co2 and velocity. You can't really adjust the velocity when you are shooting puffs of snow. It is going to shoot hot no matter how low your original setting. So it's something to be aware of while you play. If you notice the "Snow" then shoot up in the air about 10 times. This will clear out the liquid co2 and bring your velocity back to normal.

So how do you prevent liquid co2 from entering your marker?

1. The best method is to get a good regulator designed for Co2. (Palmer's Stabilizer and Bob Long Torpedo come to mind)

I own both. They really help keep your shots consistent, and prevent most if not all liquid co2 from going past the regulator. I'll make a video of mine shooting on full auto in freezing weather when I get a chance this weekend.

2. Expansion Chamber

This performs exactly as the name implies. It allows liquid co2 to expand before it gets to the valve chamber. Not nearly as effective as a regulator, but it does ok.

3. Remote line

The roughly 2 1/2 feet of line from the tank to the marker gives co2 room to expand. Also, most harness' have the tank facing up, keeping the liquid at the bottom of the tank.

4. Keep your marker facing up while you aren't shooting.

This really helps when you have the tank screwed directly onto the marker. Bytheway, if you face the marker towards the ground all the time, you will almost always shoot snow. Try it next time you play.

So how does this help with your chopping problems? Liquid co2 really wreaks havoc on your marker in any weather. In the cold, your gun can literally freeze up if you shoot too fast. You will experience lots of chops due to extreme spikes in velocity.

Thanks for reading,

The Booth Man

Glasher
02-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Awesome stuff to share man, looking foward to the video...Can't wait for Saturday I'm having a Indoor Far West City Tourny. It's gonna be the REAL first test because it's gonna vs other pro poeple other than ym team mates, first competition after all my upgrades to make it a better marker and stop choping. I'll do a compleat topic review of my day to share my experience. Crossing my finger that it will not chop!