PDA

View Full Version : Regulator for LP Spyder?

Pwgsx
02-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Do you need a expansion chamber if your converting to a LP spyder?? I currently have a drop forward with a gauge running to a expansion chamber/reg. all in one and its crap. Can I get by with just using a regulator and nothing else?? Also does any of them come with a gauge imput?? This is going on a old classic spyder so it lacks a gauge imput on the gun.

Whats a good high flowing one thats not too expensive??

paintsplat242
02-11-2007, 05:33 AM
id suggest to get a Trinity front block, or another reg. CHeck out the Ultimate resource thread that Hossy made... It has a great list of upgrades to look for. To find it, use the search :)

Also, go to otters site at Ottersccustoms.com -> it has a great load of information on LP setups

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 05:56 AM
If you're converting, you'll need a new valve, reg and a spring kit. ;)

pb34
02-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Are you using HPA or co2? If you using co2 your two choices are the bob long torpedo or the palmer stabilizer. If your using HPA your choices are almost endless. The stabilizer and the torpedo work with both hpa and co2 thats why they're like the only choices for regs with co2.

Pwgsx
02-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Are you using HPA or co2? If you using co2 your two choices are the bob long torpedo or the palmer stabilizer. If your using HPA your choices are almost endless. The stabilizer and the torpedo work with both hpa and co2 thats why they're like the only choices for regs with co2.

I have CO2 ......so im guessing the expansion chamber can be thrown out??

I see that the Palmer has a gauge already there. I cant tell by any pics of the bob long torpedo if it has a input for a gauge. Does anyone know??

I already have the high flow valve ect. ect. but went with a cheap POS reg. and now am paying for it in agrivation.

tater_salad
02-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I say go with the Palmers they have never let me down before and I love mine that I have on my 98 Custom.

Pwgsx
02-11-2007, 12:58 PM
im convinced, whats a good site that has it priced reasonable???

tater_salad
02-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Here is one.

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=261+0033&BRAND=PALMER

ross * pilot
02-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I also use co2.. but am switching to air soon. I am using an AIM Shock regulator, they work great with both. I got it off this website www.e-paintball.com

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Palmers or Torpedo [I use torpedo] are good with CO2. But I dont use CO2 ;)

Hob Hayward
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
<3 the Palmers, it won't usually come with a gauge built in unless you specify that you want one, which is only possible on some sites.

DRAGON
02-12-2007, 02:04 PM
......... but went with a cheap POS reg. and now am paying for it in agrivation.

That seems to be the case in a lot of instances with people converting to LP. They buy cheap crap then say Spyder's suck because they get a crappy result. Not even realizing or in denial it was their inferior choice of components not the marker that let them down -

If you don't feel like cheaping out again get the Palmer's, I have 3 of them. They have never let me down ever, using either propellant. If you decide to sell it some day it will keep it's value. You'll not have to take such a loss as buying something that costs much less. You can get one here - (http://www.countysports.com/shop/home.php)

Pwgsx
02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Which is better, the Palmer fatty which seems to have the gauge already on it for $82 or theres a standard one w/o the gauge costing $92

I dont see why the gauged one cost less?? Any input?

Hob Hayward
02-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Probably an error on their part with the listing, is the non-gauged chrome compared to black? Chrome costs more when buying stabilizers.

Keep in mind beforehand if you buy the fatty, its MAX output pressure is 400psi, so you won't be able to use it until you get your spyder tuned for low pressure, in other words, you can't buy this reg and use it without first getting all the other upgrades to go LP.

I might just suggest getting a normal stab, but if you can afford all the stuff at once, the fatty is a bit more consistent on the low pressure range.

Pwgsx
02-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I do have all the items already installed but I think I will go with the standard one- http://www.countysports.com/shop/product.php?productid=2469&cat=281&page=3

if this is correct, ill get it ordered tomorow.

pb34
02-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Yup that is the right one. If you want a lower price for it you can buy it at e-paintball for 83$. The price it lists when you first go to it is the chrome price but when you change it to black it adjusts the price. I just bought mine there and they are great.

Heres the link: http://www.e-paintball.com/Gas-Systems/Paintball-Inline-Regulators/Palmer-Stabilizer-Inline-Regulator-Male

Pwgsx
02-12-2007, 06:20 PM
thanks man !!

pb34
02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
thanks man !!

No problem, thats what we're here for:)

Pwgsx
02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
well I got everything else I think, i also modded the stock valve and am waiting on a chrono that I ordered to get this thing dialed in, now I have to wait on my regulator. What pressure is common for LP??

Do you know of what spring combo usually works, stronger main and lighter valve??

DRAGON
02-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I will say this, I've never heard of that other place. Mike's been in business for years now. I've ordered from him plenty of times and never had a prob with any orders made there. Just a thought -

Pwgsx
02-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I will say this, I've never heard of that other place. Mike's been in business for years now. I've ordered from him plenty of times and never had a prob with any orders made there. Just a thought -

oddly enough its here in Tx so I had to pay Tax :(
but the site looks ok and has a lot of parts, its one site thats easy to search through. I'll let ya know.

pb34
02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
It may not been well known, but I have ordered several times from them and have only had one problem. Once, they sent me the wrong product, but I emailed them and they payed for return shipping and sent me the right one. They have great customer service.

Pwgsx
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
That Company ROCKS, fast shipping and I even got stickers and a new Barrrel Condom.

Looks like I got it all dialed in at 275 psi at 279-286 fps. Using my handheld crono!!
Using a Strong main and Med valve.

If I drop to a Med main spring, I have to drop to a soft valve which im guessing uses more air??? It seems that the best pressure is around 275-300, if I lower the main spring to the stock spring my fps drop a lot and would have to crank up the reg. to 350psi. I dont know whats better, lighter main spring with more psi or heavier with less psi. Any thoughts??

The only problem now is the cup seal keeps unscrewing from the rest of the valve stem.....any way to fix this??

Pwgsx
02-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Wack Wack Wack......im sure my neighbors love me by now shooting almost 1,000 balls in the back yard at the fence.

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Dont bump a non bst thread :p

My neighbors are either never home or really old. I dont think they notice/care...

Pwgsx
02-16-2007, 05:04 PM
LOL true that.........now back to my ?'s ^^^

Backmanshooter
02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure what you can do to stop it from unscrewing. Hm..never heard of that before.

Pwgsx
02-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I tried some teflon tape, seems to be working.........I never had it happen either with the old style plastic cup seals, the 32* one is brass with a plastic spacer.

any thoughts one the pressure/spring combo??