PDA

View Full Version : cold weather

Spitfire
02-10-2007, 09:13 PM
hey today i played at the closest pb field in my area and it was lk 49-53 degrees throughout the whole entire day and i was choppin lk crazy, i'm runnin on co2 and i have a AC low blow with a 14" j+j barrel. i'm not sure what to do it chops even when i remove the hopper and put just 1 ball in the chamber. i also tried playing with my stock bolt but got the same results...wasted 60 bucks on paint just by choppin them all up...sad day for paintball for me...:confused: if you guys have any input plz tell thanx:confused:

ooglieboogliebob
02-10-2007, 09:16 PM
First off, make sure you have an electronic hopper. It'll be needed to feed consistently. Make sure it's a forcefeed hopper such as (Halo B, Reloader B, Vlocity, Pulse, maybe Eggy w/ Zboard)

Also, once you chop it will most likely chop a lot more unless you clean your barrel/gun out.

Are you sure it's a chop btw ?? If you are chopping with just one ball in the chamber, it's most likely barrel breaks. Make sure you turn your velocity down a bit and also make sure your paint to barrel match is working well.

It could be the cold weather which is affecting your performance. Try getting some winter paintballs such as the RPS.

Give me some answers and I should be able to help you some more.

MVS1
02-10-2007, 09:37 PM
:yeahthat: Low temp in combimation with CO2 can be pretty hard on paint, makes the shell even moe brittle. Dropping you FPS to around 260 fps could help and balls made especially for low temps cost a little more, but are well worth it. If you haven't had chopping issues in the past that's most likely your problem.

Spitfire
02-11-2007, 07:28 AM
i was only able to get my gun up to 253 that morning after that my gun started choppin. it didnt start until we started playing, i unloaded a whole hopper full just chronographing my gun with no problems except trying to get my gun to shoot above 200. i hope its just cuz its cold or im sadly selling this gun and getting a vs3 or the new SP Epiphany...:(

Glasher
02-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I experience the same prob on colt weather but I foudn ym remote to be very helpfull with that and I also use a regulator...I was playing at -15 degree celcius yesterday all was going well with ym rmeote plus reg, the I had no mor air chnaged the tank but was too lazy to put the tank n my back and re attach the remote and reinstal the reg so I put the tank directly to my gun...first shot BANG chop and then the bolt won't fire...gonna retry this morning keeping my stuff if it doesn,T chop then it more likely the weather + co2 combination that chops.

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Low temperatures cause paint to chop and CO2 in cold weather=bad. ;)

But I'm sure you found out the hard way.

Spitfire
02-11-2007, 07:57 AM
thanks for the help guys lol peace it...:)

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Fa sho. :D

Hob Hayward
02-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Yeah, co2 just is not friendly in cold weather, does help a ton to have a remote or a nice co2 reg though.

Glasher
02-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah, co2 just is not friendly in cold weather, does help a ton to have a remote or a nice co2 reg though.

Ya cuz my gun in that cold weather without the remote and reg just died and when playing it it it was god xD