PDA

View Full Version : Lube question..

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Well I didnt know where to put this because its not for a spyder.

Well I was looking at hobbyhorse and saw there was dow 33/dow 55/slick honey. All good prices so I was going to buy some for my trilogy pump. I know dow 55 swells orings so I'm not going to get that. So I'm not sure whether to get dow 33 or slick honey.

Which one would be better for a trilly cocker?

Thanks.

Theheroguy
02-10-2007, 09:37 AM
slick honey

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Alright, I'll do that.

I looked on PbN on the dye/proto lube chart. It says slick honey doesnt like cold weather?

Sandman_Bravo
02-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Here's their site, you can read up on it:
http://www.slickoleum.com/index.html
I bought some from hobby, it's SLIPPERY!

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Thank you.

I'll do just that. ;)

turbo chicken
02-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Automatic transmission fluid ... ATF !!!

timbertiger20
02-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Automatic transmission fluid ... ATF !!!
Hmmm.....my auto mechanic put that in my tranny to make it stop whining. It contains very small abrasives! Wouldn't use it on my marker. I perfer dow 55 especially for spyders and here's why. Tolerances on spyders are not always super tight. a little bit of swelling and lube is great because it prevents air leaks. My buddy uses this at work on flooring staplers which are typically lubed every day and need rebuilt approximately every 6 months. After rebuilding them with dow 55 and new o-rings he has gone 2 years without oiling or re-lubing with no leaks. Again these are not built to super tolerances. The are one to two manufacturer's that recommend against dow 55 due to tolerances because they can cause bolt stick........but I''ve never had that issue. MacDev uses Dow 55 on the ram and regs and tri-flow on the bolt!

turbo chicken
02-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Hmmm.....my auto mechanic put that in my tranny to make it stop whining. It contains very small abrasives! Wouldn't use it on my marker.

-First of all you did say you wouldn't use it in your gun and i do recognize that and i am not trying to change your mind ...but get your facts straight before you post next time.

-Your tranny was probably low on fluid ... and there are not abrasives in brand new out of the bottle hydraulic fluid (which is that ATF is)... Please explain to me why on earth would they put "abrasives" into any hydraulic device ... used ATF has the "abrasives" because the friction material comes off of the clutch disk inside the tranny ... guess why you are supposed to change the fluid at regular intervals??? so the extra abrasives from the clutch disk don't mess up the servos and valves inside valve body ... Please tell me why then would we put something back in the transmission that has the same abrasives we took out ...
-Now ATF has different detergents/additives that keep the tranny clean but they do nothing to orings ... infact one of the things that ATF does is keep orings lubed and preserved in the valve body.

ATF is a great lubircant and preservative and i have used it on every mechanical/electro mechanical marker that has been through my hands without failure. I will add that i would't put it through an EP marker though ...

Let me close in saying yes I am somewhat of an expert on the subject ... i am/was and ASE certified technician (just didn't renew my certs after i left the auto industry)... and ill let you guess what my speciality/favorite part of the car was ...

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Well I did say I was going to use it for a trilogy, not a spyder.