PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a reg

electravs2
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Lookin' for some good feedback on a reg for this gun. Just got it today. Send some links if you would. Thanks in advance and if there are any other ups you'd recommend, send em my way.

bracer028
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
bob longs.

ooglieboogliebob
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I would probably get the Palmers Stabilizer or Boblong Torp for Co2. If you're not using co2 then most aftermarket regs will do. IE: CP, Sidewinder, Etc.

www.ottersccustoms.com

That site should do you a lot of good ;)

Hossy
02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
also the Ultimate resource thread in my sig will do you lots of help.

electravs2
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Also if any of you sirs know a on/off drop forward for this gun, do tell. Thanks again.

vwjimmy
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
First of all, welcome to this forum! :) The SOC/KUSA boards are an awesome place!
What year is your Electra? You could quite possibly have to purchace a V/A (Vertical Adapter) to use an aftermarket regulator as the newer Electras use a V/A that does not utilize a standard ASA connection (all aftermarket vertical regulators require an ASA)
There are many regulators that are not capible of producing enough pressure to run your Electra without heavy modification, some not even then. Bob Long Torpedos and the Palmers are both fine. I use the Torpedos because they are relatively cheap, reliable, capible of high and low pressure operation, and can handle CO2 as well as HPA without problem.
There are many drop forward/on offs on the market. Most will require that you use an adapter, as your trigger frame most likely has the standard Spyder staggered mounting hole pattern...I would recommend that you use the marker for awile and find out how comfortable you are with the tanks position before you buy a drop forward. Personally, I have been eliminating the drops from all of my markers, opting for the on/off to be directly mounted to the frame. Most speedball players now prefer this position.
Here are a few links for you to check out:
1)
OtterSC Customs Spyder Pages (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html)
Otter is the Admin here and his site is often referred to as 'The Spyder Bible'
2)
Hossys 'Ultimate Resourse Thread' (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8371)
There are alot of upgrade possibilities listed here
Lastly, there is a 'Search' link in the toolbar near the top of every page here and searching for your topic can yield a ton of answers that have already been adressed, as well as provide you with information you had not even thought to ask!
Again, welcome to the best paintball forum there is!

CareBear-Killer
02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Just to help a little more... if you really want a normal reg, you'll have to spend some money and time and convert you marker to a LP marker... This info can be found on Otters site. The front VA will run around $40 or so, plus some type of regulator, a new bolt may be in order, along with a new striker. The prices for these items vary greatly depending which one you want to get.

If you really want a drop or new on/off... From many websites and some local paintball shops, you can purchase a conversion mount so that you can mount a standard asa or drop to your spyder.