PDA

View Full Version : Electra Bug

tygger91
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
My friend just got an Electra 05 ACS and theres a problem we cant seem to get fixed. We replaced the bolt with a superfly schocktech and got new springs.

The problem is that when he shoots to fast, its like burbs and uncocks. What can be causing this?

Thanks,

Tiger

Hossy
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
the valve or striker...

or the vavle pin

ID suggest a new maddman valve

Backmanshooter
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Are you running CO2 or HPA on it?

Oscum Guy
02-07-2007, 04:33 PM
its the co2, mine did the same thing on co2. try hpa.

Backmanshooter
02-07-2007, 04:37 PM
its the co2, mine did the same thing on co2. try hpa.Ya. Thats what I was thinking.

Hob Hayward
02-07-2007, 05:17 PM
If you're running on co2, the issue is that your outshooting the recharge rate of co2. The issue with co2 is that having its vapor pressure at around 800 psi is that while its stored as a liquid in the co2 canister, it warms up and turns into a gas. You use the gas to fire, but you can shoot so fast that enough of the gas will be gone that there will not be enough pressure/gas to make the gun recock.

The best way to avoid this is just not to shoot full auto or fire fast alot, and also to play in warmer temperatures, because co2 will vaporize faster in warmer weather. However if you want a permanent fix, I'd suggest investing in an HPA tank, because HPA is stored at 3000 or 4500 psi as opposed to a liquid, there is always plenty of gaseous oxygen available for your gun. The only issue there is that HPA tanks can be very expensive and are not as easy to get filled.

To help with recocking you can polish the internals as otter details at http://www.ottersccustoms.com/polishing.html and you could also install an anti-siphon in your co2 tank.

tygger91
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Its a HPA Tank. About 1500-2000 psi in the tank when we last shot it but it did the same at 3000 at the field.

The same thing happens with stock parts. However, the new bolt and spring kit is a bit wierd. The only way to fully cock it is to pull it back fast... Dont know if that could be causing the problem or not. If you dont pull it fast it enough, it doesnt cock.

Its Florida here, Last time we played was in the 80's

Backmanshooter
02-08-2007, 12:59 PM
It doesnt have a reg does it?

Well if you had a reg you could adjust the pressure but you probably dont have one. But if you do, adjust it. ;)