PDA

View Full Version : whats the best aftermarket striker

bracer028
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
acp, spps, nightstriker, or dh.

turbo chicken
02-08-2007, 05:29 AM
and can i add ... do any of the companies make them for a fatbodied spyders ... i have a BLM and that's what i need...

STRIKEFIRST
02-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Personally I like the ACP and the DH Titanium

timbertiger20
02-08-2007, 07:10 AM
IPS will make anything as they are a custom shop!

turbo chicken
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
IPS will make anything as they are a custom shop!

ehhh ... one off are expensive ... something produced in a "run" or higher numbers is cheaper ... that's what i was looking for a resonably priced fatty striker

guess ill have to actuall look at the sites and ask myself ... dang ... anyone have links to these sites ...
i found alamo city and i think there is a link on otters site for one of them too

emf7301
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I tried a Nightstriker XL (roughly 34 g) and couldn't get it to run at a decent pressure and velocity without useing the absolute lightest valve spring and hardest striker spring; not good for efficiency. I switched to a dh striker (about 42 g) and i haven't had trouble getting it to work right since. I guess that slight increase in weight made all the difference. The recoil is almost not any different either. I don't know if dh makes a fatty striker though.

vwjimmy
02-08-2007, 10:58 AM
IPS strikers, while custom made, are price compairable to the others you mention. I have a TL running an Nightstriker XL and his Sunbear bolt and it runs at 245psi @ 290fps on light/medium springs. The marker will cycle at 160psi but I can't get the fps out of it at that psi. I ran the DH striker in it as well but could not get it below 280psi. The TL has very little kick with the IPS combo, and although it took a few tries to dial it in, I am happy I did everytime I use it!
Good Luck

Oscum Guy
02-08-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/ACCESSPIX/spyderstriker.htmltry the alamocitypb one. i never tryed it but it looks like a good striker. its made out of delrin and titanium.

Halucin8
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
i haven't used their acp striker but opteron has used their striker for the vs series and loves it. just athought. their bolts are good so i wouldn't worry about quality just about wieght and getting everything to run right.