PDA

View Full Version : Hate canceled or delayed flights?

chubb0rz
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Yea join the club. Right now I'm stuck in Appleton, WI waiting on a delayed flight. My first flight was canceled so they put me on a different airline at a later time but I just checked the status and see a big "Delayed".

Oh the joys of traveling. Feel free to share your flight stories with me, I have plenty of time to kill...

shunut
02-06-2007, 02:59 PM
That sucks, why the delays and cancellations?

Hope you make it home soon and safe.

chubb0rz
02-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Well the weather isnt to good up in the midwest but my was canceled from crew reasons. Not exactly sure what that means.

marvin-martian
02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
my dad is flying to germany tomorrow, and im sure he wil get delays and get pissed off.

chubb0rz
02-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Yea I dont know how some people aren't made because some are on their second and third flight changes. Lucky I have connecting flights they can get me or else I would be really pissed.

shunut
02-06-2007, 03:10 PM
crew reasons. Not exactly sure what that means.

I was told that it either means they had no crew to fly the plane because the scheduled crew was probably delayed or their flight was cancelled else where. or The crew that was suppose to fly didn't log enough sleep hours or had been on too long.

chubb0rz
02-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I could def. see it being not having crew to fly a plane because I see a fueled up small connecting plane outside but its missing the crew...go figure

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Well that sucks.

I hate flying. Not my thing. I avoid it at all costs.

vwjimmy
02-06-2007, 04:25 PM
I flew 100k miles/year through most of the 90's...
Here is a good one:
Flew into Pitt at 10pm and taxied past my connection while it was at the gate...
They let it go without me. US Airways puts me up in a flea bag and a guy gets shot to death outside the door to my room. Police interviews till 4 or 5 am. I get in a taxi back to the airport for my 6:45 am flight home. It is cancelled do to ice. Call wife to find out her Dad had a heart attack. Call shop to find out two employees have gotten into a fight and both quit.
9:20 flight cancelled do to ice. I have now been up 30 hours. US Airways lets me know that I have no chance to get out before 5:35 pm. Security rousts me at 11 am for sleeping in terminal. US Airways Club is closed for remodeling. Get on 5:35 flight and sit on runway for 2 hrs for ice, being de-iced three times (Super Stinky). Get home at 10:30pm, 24 hours, two employees and a lifetime of murder memories later.
Feel better Dave?

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I flew 100k miles/year through most of the 90's...
Here is a good one:
Flew into Pitt at 10pm and taxied past my connection while it was at the gate...
They let it go without me. US Airways puts me up in a flea bag and a guy gets shot to death outside the door to my room. Police interviews till 4 or 5 am. I get in a taxi back to the airport for my 6:45 am flight home. It is cancelled do to ice. Call wife to find out her Dad had a heart attack. Call shop to find out two employees have gotten into a fight and both quit.
9:20 flight cancelled do to ice. I have now been up 30 hours. US Airways lets me know that I have no chance to get out before 5:35 pm. Security rousts me at 11 am for sleeping in terminal. US Airways Club is closed for remodeling. Get on 5:35 flight and sit on runway for 2 hrs for ice, being de-iced three times (Super Stinky). Get home at 10:30pm, 24 hours, two employees and a lifetime of murder memories later.
Feel better Dave?Holy ****.

That sucks. I'd sue for all their worth but wouldnt be worth your time since it wouldnt be alot. :dodgy:

Halucin8
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
well i have over 1000 flight hours in a marine corps c-130 and could tell ya horror stoires but i think jimmy even beats mine with the whole murder thing. could even tell ya one that almost ended up in a jag investigation. but that one shouldbe posted on the public but i would tell ya over pm's

Maxx-Damage
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
That sucks for u vw and for u chubz.

My worst is about 2yrs ago when i was 12yr(my b-day is in dec, adn im 15 right now). I was with my grandma and grandpa in the atlanta airport on time for my flight. Delayed for 6hrs, due to no stuerdasses. After a 2hr car ride, extremely bored, read all my mags over 3times, and got some snacks they show up. We then have to wait for ever on the runway waiting for clearance. So after a few hrs i get to buffalo, find my other grandma with a book not even paying attention to who was walking by. Then i get to her house at 1am-ish. The next day i have a 6hr ride back east to get home with school the next day. Thats the worst i remember.

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 05:13 PM
That sucks.

I dont have any. I hate heights. :)

Do you live in the Catskill Mountains?

timmyshoota
02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I've flown through Chicago O'Hare airport about 39084890348 times, and never had a flight be on time there. I think every flight there gets delayed. We took the same flight 4 times to see my aunt in Colorado, and the plane came from Frankfurt, Germany each time, and EVERY time, it hit a bird on the way and was delayed.

My favorite part about O'Hare airport is the fact that Diddy's "I'll Be Missing You" song, the Biggie tribute, was filmed in the walkway from the B concourse to the C concourse. The part where he's on a person conveyor belt with the neon lights above his head. Everytime I go through that I dance like Diddy. :)

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I've flown through Chicago O'Hare airport about 39084890348 times, and never had a flight be on time there. I think every flight there gets delayed. We took the same flight 4 times to see my aunt in Colorado, and the plane came from Frankfurt, Germany each time, and EVERY time, it hit a bird on the way and was delayed.

My favorite part about O'Hare airport is the fact that Diddy's "I'll Be Missing You" song, the Biggie tribute, was filmed in the walkway from the B concourse to the C concourse. The part where he's on a person conveyor belt with the neon lights above his head. Everytime I go through that I dance like Diddy. :)Hahaha. I'm glad I never been there. Sounds horrible. Newark, NJ is a good airport. Been there everytime I've flown, which has been 5-7 times and we're always on time, winter or summer. Wee.

TheRedBarron
02-06-2007, 09:17 PM
My favorite part about O'Hare airport is the fact that Diddy's "I'll Be Missing You" song, the Biggie tribute, was filmed in the walkway from the B concourse to the C concourse. The part where he's on a person conveyor belt with the neon lights above his head. Everytime I go through that I dance like Diddy. :)
lol.. me too :cool:

chubb0rz
02-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Well I finally made it home last night at about 12:30. Almost missed my connecting flight in Detroit because we took so long landing and taxing. I ran from one terminal to the other in less than 2 minutes, not bad considering how far they were. I was so shocked because once I got on they shut the door, lol sucks for anyone who didnt make it.

shunut
02-07-2007, 08:05 AM

Being from Chicago I've flown through O'Hare quite a few times as well. I would say 90% of the time my flight arrived and left on-time, guess I'm just lucky. All the times my flights were delayed was leaving O'Hare and it was due to the wings icing up.

MVS1
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I used to be a regional field service engineer for a global electronics company. I was based out of detroit and fly all over North America and most of Canada, I racked up 230,000 frequent flyer miles in one year (not counting bonus miles). I'd fly 4 to 5 days a week with Northwest, I knew just about all the flight crews out of detroit by their first names. Delays and cancellations where expected and I was actually shocked when we'd leave ontime. I got stuck in Duluth one time due to a snow storm and had to be in Milwaukee by 7 a.m. the next morning. At 7 p.m. I set out in a rental car for a scenic 8 hour drive across WI, in the dead of night and what seemed like a never end snow storm. And the list of airport horror stories goes on and on. For anybody that has to travel and deal with the B.S. for a living, I feel your pain and salute you for sticking with it.

Hossy
02-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Ive flown like a total of 4 round trips, and once in each of those round trips, ive had a cancelled flight.

I HATE flying, and i dont like airplanes, and it adds to the horribleness of the expirience