PDA

View Full Version : Tournamet setup?

Kulo
02-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Anybody know how to setup the triger for VS3 for a tournament? I heard if you set it up correctly it can be use in the tournament also.

CareBear-Killer
02-06-2007, 06:10 PM
according to what I've heard, is you need to make sure that the contact screws are far enough out so that when half the trigger is released, it doesn't bounce and hit the other trigger and fire a 2nd time.

Also, need to make sure the jumper on the board is pulled off, to enable to tournament lock.

The big part of using the rocking trigger in a tourny is whether or not the field will allow it. Some fields feel the rocking trigger has an advantage and do not allow them in tournament play. I would defintily check with whatever field is having a tournament and see what they say.

clickclicksplat
02-07-2007, 07:32 AM
I don't buy that unfair advantage stuff... It's not really unfair if everyone is allowed to use it and simply choose not to.

MVS1
02-07-2007, 07:41 AM
If they give you too much trouble about it, just adjust your trigger so that it will only activate one switch, your choice top or bottom. That way they can't argue advantage, which is crap. The reason most people have issues with the rocking trigger is that they don't know how to check it properly. One of the guys on my team uses the 06 electra, and two others keep them as their back-ups and we've had issues getting the officials to buy off on them, but ultimately we got the ref's to let them use 'em.

starcitypaintballer
02-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Advantage you say? Well I have the VS 2 with SpitFire and it will keep up with any rocking trigger you put in front of it. Did a Test on the Field this past weekend against Ion Stock as well as Ion with Virtue. Neither of them did as good as the VS 2 with the SpitFire. Seems though that the VS 3 had alot of problems with Air dropping to much on its on. The main downfall I see from the Vs 2 and 3 are the Covers for the eyes dont protect all that well, alot of paint gets in. Gonna take an Bicycle inner tube and trace out eye cover and see if that will help on the paint getting in.... However I must say that the VS 2 Rocks. Also if anyone has a barrel on the VS series that made it not as Loud could you post Type you are using.

Paintball on Guys!