PDA

View Full Version : Gun Pressure

Triple xXx
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
How long should it take for the gun pressure to get to the level you set it at?

I set my pressure at 240 and noticed that when I shoot the gauge will fluxuate, of course.

But I noticed that if shoot a few rounds, then look at the gauge, it will take about 10-15 seconds for the pressure to get to 240. It will creep up slowly.

Is this normal? I never paid attention to it until, I took my gun apart today and put it back together.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Are you running an LP spyder?

As for pressuring..it should be almost instant.

timbertiger20
02-05-2007, 05:43 PM
That means you have a flow/recharge issue to the guage. This can be from the on/off, the HPR, or the tank reg itself. Last time I replaced my HPR and On/Off to find out my tank reg wasn't working right. I'd suggest trying a different tank first and working from there as tanks are easy to borrow at the field!

Triple xXx
02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
That means you have a flow/recharge issue to the guage. This can be from the on/off, the HPR, or the tank reg itself. Last time I replaced my HPR and On/Off to find out my tank reg wasn't working right. I'd suggest trying a different tank first and working from there as tanks are easy to borrow at the field!

Are you running an LP spyder?

As for pressuring..it should be almost instant.

Yea, I am running HPA.

This is a brand new marker (VS3). I took it apart to clean it and when I put it back together, the gauge went past 300 psi, so I turned the valve off quick and tried to shoot it out quickly.

Then, I went to adjust the regulator screw and noticed that it was very loose. I screwed it in all of the way and creeped the pressure up slowly to 240. When I started shotting I notice that it would drop to about 200. When I stopped shooting it would then slowly rise to 240 over a a few seconds.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
is the on/off compeltely on?

Triple xXx
02-05-2007, 06:16 PM
is the on/off compeltely on?

I think so. I'll check.

I adjusted it again and it seems a little better. It's popping up a little faster now.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm..I dont what else it could be. I dont know the VS2/3 inside and out like I do with the older spyders. I'm used to 800+ psi ;)

MVS1
02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Your running the stock reg? Spyder regs, even the VS's aren't the greatest recovery wise. The thing to do is fire it over the chrono, if you see a huge flucuation in velocity then be concerned however if it stays within 5 +/- fps then you should be fine. A good after market reg will be more consistent then the stock reg, so you might want to consider upgrading if its really an issue for you.

Triple xXx
02-06-2007, 04:35 AM
Your running the stock reg? Spyder regs, even the VS's aren't the greatest recovery wise. The thing to do is fire it over the chrono, if you see a huge flucuation in velocity then be concerned however if it stays within 5 +/- fps then you should be fine. A good after market reg will be more consistent then the stock reg, so you might want to consider upgrading if its really an issue for you.

Man, even on a brand new one? :mad:

What would (could) a new reg cost?

I really paid attention this time to the gauge. Before shooting the gauge is at 240. If I fire a few times it will fluctuate to 140 and instantly come back to about 210-220. It will take another 6 seconds for it to get back to 240.

If I fire rapidly for any lenght of time, I do notice that the gauge will drop to about 140+/- and instanly snap back to 220. Another 6 seconds will take me to 240 agian. Normal?

MVS1
02-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Man, even on a brand new one? :mad:

What would (could) a new reg cost?

I really paid attention this time to the gauge. Before shooting the gauge is at 240. If I fire a few times it will fluctuate to 140 and instantly come back to about 210-220. It will take another 6 seconds for it to get back to 240.

If I fire rapidly for any lenght of time, I do notice that the gauge will drop to about 140+/- and instanly snap back to 220. Another 6 seconds will take me to 240 agian. Normal?
Honestly, I think your just fine, you will see a change in your reading while firing, and from what you said it sounds like the numbers have been consistant as far as recovery. THE most important thing is what your firing over the chrono. You haven't mentioned anything about velocity's that's what will tell if you fave an issue or not.
Now if you do discover that you have a recovery issue because your velocity's are dropping dramatically during repeated firing, then the first thing you should have checked is your tank regulator by an Airsmith or your local paintball shop. Keep one important thing in mind, your markers reg can only work with what its getting, if the tank reg, ASA or bottomline is restricting the flow to the reg then that could affect recovery. I think alot of people blame their reg when the problem is not necessarily there.
And if all else fails, contact kingman and discuss your issue with a tech, they might need to have you send them your marker to checkout the reg; or you can just look into getting an aftermarket reg. I'd give them a shot at it before I replaced the reg.
Which ones the best? Opinions vary, check out OtterSC's webpage, he has a very good review of just about every reg out there. Learn more about the different regs and then decide for yourself.
I think you'll find that once you do some testing over a chrono you don't need to change anything. The VS's have been developing a pretty good rep. Sorry this ran so long, hope it helps.

Triple xXx
02-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Honestly, I think your just fine, you will see a change in your reading while firing, and from what you said it sounds like the numbers have been consistant as far as recovery. THE most important thing is what your firing over the chrono. You haven't mentioned anything about velocity's that's what will tell if you fave an issue or not.
Now if you do discover that you have a recovery issue because your velocity's are dropping dramatically during repeated firing, then the first thing you should have checked is your tank regulator by an Airsmith or your local paintball shop. Keep one important thing in mind, your markers reg can only work with what its getting, if the tank reg, ASA or bottomline is restricting the flow to the reg then that could affect recovery. I think alot of people blame their reg when the problem is not necessarily there.
And if all else fails, contact kingman and discuss your issue with a tech, they might need to have you send them your marker to checkout the reg; or you can just look into getting an aftermarket reg. I'd give them a shot at it before I replaced the reg.
Which ones the best? Opinions vary, check out OtterSC's webpage, he has a very good review of just about every reg out there. Learn more about the different regs and then decide for yourself.
I think you'll find that once you do some testing over a chrono you don't need to change anything. The VS's have been developing a pretty good rep. Sorry this ran so long, hope it helps.

Kingman is sending me a new "piston" for the regulator. :confused:

I'll take it to the local piantball store and see what they say. The problem is that I have never owned an HPA marker before. I've always used CO2.

So, I never really paid attention to the gauge that much before. I took it apart to clean everything and shot it to make sure that everything worked once put back together. That's when I noticed it.

timbertiger20
02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
A good tank reg with a good HPA reg and plenty of flow and you literally will not see that guage move at all! However with the spyder reg I would expect to see the needle bounce just a little. A little bounce is perfectly fine as long as you don't experience alot of drop off. Just trade tanks with someone. If you do find that's a problem Guerilla Air regs......any of them.......will completely change the air flow out of your tank!

Triple xXx
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
A good tank reg with a good HPA reg and plenty of flow and you literally will not see that guage move at all! However with the spyder reg I would expect to see the needle bounce just a little. A little bounce is perfectly fine as long as you don't experience alot of drop off. Just trade tanks with someone. If you do find that's a problem Guerilla Air regs......any of them.......will completely change the air flow out of your tank!

OK! I will try swithcing tanks.

I am getting ALOT of bounce! :mad: Kingman said that it may be the piston. They are sending me a new one. :confused:

So if it's my tank regulator, I am screwed right? I mean this is a new tank.

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 12:57 PM
IF its the tank, then your screwed. Doubt it is though since its new.

timbertiger20
02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Well if it's the tank reg they are actually just as easy as an HPA reg. Just need a o-ring kit. Some fields don't have the cleanest air. Also I have more than once seen a connection hose in the dirt. One grain of debris can stop and damage a reg. That's why it's critical to have a cap on you input nipple!