PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Electra 05

solidox
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Well I must say I have had no end of problems with this gun since I have had it. I currently use my Spyder on C02. I have constant chopped balls one after another and it should have ACS, it doe's not seem to work.

As for the barrell they definately do not seem to have science on their side, I have done many Measurements on barrell and the inside measurements are out by abit:

Top End of First piece barrell is - 0.69 (the end that connects to gun)
Top End of Second Half barrell is - 0.691.5
The Tip of second Half is - 0.695.5

I have heard of tollerences but I took my barrell into work and with a mixture of mixed measurements and the Rifling in barrell, it could not scientifically make paintball fly straighter like advertised.

My gun constantly chops, it never fires straight, this has got to be the worse marker Spyder has ever made, they really have not put thought into play with this its all just design I think. The best bit is the Rocking Trigger frame.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to tune my marker to actually fire straight and stop chpping, I have turned my Velocity down to low, I run on C02 and I use All Star paintballs only.

The thing that annoys me is I also have a Spyder Rodeo 2004 and that fires as straight as a sniper rifle straight out of box, does chop every now and again, but I want to use my Electra the same, CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE, I paid well over $300 just to get it here in the UK when it came out, because no one here stocked it then, it was stuck in customs for about a month.

Oscum Guy
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
use hpa. i had the same problems with co2. especially uncocking.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes. HPA worked better for my spyder. Didnt uncock like when I used CO2.

Hope that helped.

xSoulsx
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Is it cold in your area? Its cold in my area and paintballs don't fly straight and they chop...

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Is it cold in your area? Its cold in my area and paintballs don't fly straight and they chop...You may want to get better paint then, now wouldnt you? ;)

solidox
02-06-2007, 01:40 PM
What paintballs would you recommend, I use All Stars, thier meant to be the best arent they.

So changing to Air is better, which is fair enough, is there anything else I could do, I was thinking about changing barrell, but I rekon the gun would lose its stunning looks without it's orginal barrell.

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
What paintballs would you recommend, I use All Stars, thier meant to be the best arent they.

So changing to Air is better, which is fair enough, is there anything else I could do, I was thinking about changing barrell, but I rekon the gun would lose its stunning looks without it's orginal barrell.Well if they are good, then dont play in such a cold temperature area. Try an indoor place.

Halucin8
02-06-2007, 03:10 PM
your barrel is not out of specs. the first piece of the barrel is the only part that really works for accuracy. that is why kits have inserts. the whole barrel doesn't need to be the size of the paint. are you suing an electronic hopper. if so which is it? you may be out shooting your hopper. i now have 5 spyders/clones. and none of them chop because of co2 unless you out shoot the expansion properties of co2. and if you can do that you you better have a halo/or a fasta or a pulse to keep up with your shooting. If you have an acs bolt hen have you broke in the bolt? take it out fo the marker and watch tv and compress the bolt for about an hour or so. it will help alot! hope this helps

xSoulsx
02-07-2007, 01:16 PM
You may want to get better paint then, now wouldnt you? ;)

I always use Nightmare paintballs....(By diablo)!

BrianT
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
i'm going to be getting a proto barrel pretty soon. it looks pretty good on my gun

MVS1
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM

So changing to Air is better, which is fair enough, is there anything else I could do, I was thinking about changing barrell, but I rekon the gun would lose its stunning looks without it's orginal barrell.
HPA will help shot to shot consistency, and I think you'll find a good barrel kit will look just as good if not better than the stock barrel and will give you the ability to match backs to different sized paint. If you have not conditioned the ACS bolt, like Halucin8 pointed out, it will give you problems, especially with the rocking trigger. The biggest thing you need to do is get a hopper that can keep up with how fast your electra can cycle. Anything less than an Egg w/z-board, egg 3, fasta, halo b, empire b, vlocity, pulse, etc, doesn't have a prayer of keeping up with it. I have 3 friends, one with the 06 w/eyes amd 2 with ACS that have halo b's and they rip.
Don't give up on the marker just yet, it really is a good marker, just needs the right setup too truly unleash is potential.

xSoulsx
02-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Yea, I had the VERY same problem as you ad i got an HPA tank and it worked PERFECTLY