PDA

View Full Version : Bleach

marvin-martian
02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
source - ST, so i dont know how reliable it is...

Today February 4, 2007 a young boy was pronounced dead in his Odenton, Maryland home. The boys mother came home to find her son on the floor next to the families computer. "We have concluded that the boy had consumed approximately a cup of bleach detergent." Say local Odenton police. The boy is a regular 12 year-old boy who spends several hours a day on his computer. The boy frequented a forum on the website "www.offtopic.com", a popular message board viewed by millions. Police say the young boy had been given advice to "drink bleach" as a way to sooth his sore throat.

"I will very closely monitor my childs internet surfing. I can't believe children are able to view this horrid false information so easily."
-A local Odenton resident of three young children

The parents of the boy are planning an attempt to sue the popular website. They believe that the site should take full responsibility for the boys shortened life.

"The owners of this horrendous website are not getting off this easy."
-Father

xtraking
02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Sorry, I can't lie, that made me chuckle.

08Lud08
02-05-2007, 03:59 PM
if that is true I'm laughing soo hard.

boomerisnuts
02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
That is sad.:( When i was 12 i wasnt "that" dumb.:rolleyes:
boomer

DRAGON
02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I have the key for the Playboy mansion too - :dodgy:

marvin-martian
02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I have the key for the Playboy mansion too - :dodgy:
i want a reliable source too, but i still saw purpose in it.

marvin-martian
02-05-2007, 04:56 PM
the thread in ST was completely deleted. i dont know if the mods were being careful, or if they actually found proof. you can do what you want with this thread.

Theheroguy
02-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow thats not the sites fault it the jerk who said it and the dumb kids fault. I mean freaking 12 and he drank freaking bleach. The parents are going tosue the website for there kids and another dudes dumbness. Thejerks will probably win I mean they are justified in anger.

El Duche
02-05-2007, 07:34 PM
^you have to understand that parents hold no responsibility AT ALL for how thier children turn out. Kid does stupid stuff that they know is wrong for attention: ADD. Kid shoots up his school: violent video games. Kid too stupid to not get the concept that bleach is not meant to be drank: ******** on the interweb. you get the picture.

marvin-martian
02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
^you have to understand that parents hold all responsibility for how their children turn out. Kid does stupid stuff that they know is wrong for attention: needs attention. Kid shoots up his school: depression. Kid too stupid to not get the concept that bleach is not meant to be drank: my bleach bottle says "incase of swallowing, do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by the POISON CONTROL CENTER" you get the picture.
fixed

leed
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Wow. Just wow. That wasn't funny, it, sadly, wasn't even shocking. I'm just amazed.

DFSniper
02-05-2007, 09:49 PM
if thats true, then its sad in more ways than one

Kid shoots up his school: violent video games.
dont get me started on that. i will argue with you to the ends of the earth!

TheRedBarron
02-05-2007, 10:00 PM
stay on topic, that is a different topic for a different thread.

shunut
02-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Kid does stupid stuff that they know is wrong for attention: ADD.

Where did you get your psychology degree? ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder, it means that they have a hard time concentrating and paying attention, they don't do what they do for attention. That would be more linked to kids who suffer from neglect, poor self-esteem or depression.

vikingshadow
02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree, IF the child is actually diagnosed with ADD. However, what teachers are seeing today's classroom is a lot more people showing up and blaming their child's behavior on ADD or ADHD when they have never SEEN a doctor or been tested. Most of the time, the child is just a pain in the butt, and this is another way to get out of trouble.

However, I question an actual 12 year old actually swallowing bleach. I mean, it's hard enough to get kids to take actual medicine, and the taste of bleach is pretty nasty - everyone's been in a pool that's been over chlorinated - so I call shens on this. Interesting story that really brings up an interesting point, though.

TheRedBarron
02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I would like to start by stating that ADD, ADHD, and OCD are household terms now, people blame all sorts of things on them. I have seen alot of misdiagnosed cases of all 3. If you have ever seen someone that actually has ADHD, or a true OCD you would certainly know it, ADD is more or less ADHD's little brother.

That is not the point here though, I am calling shens for more reason then one.

1. ST.
2. If this had happened it would have been posted in more then one place, and prob be all over the news.
3. ST.

Nenkitsune
02-06-2007, 10:12 AM
i call shen's because google said so XP

Theheroguy
02-06-2007, 10:12 AM
whats st

DFSniper
02-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Small Talk forum on PBNation

BrianT
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't believe anything like that on the internet

Team Ramrod
02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm sad to say i can believe it. Maybe not exactly as described or reported but it could be a 1 in a million chance that someone actually drank the bleach. And you can bet that there are tons of smart ass kids on PBN and other forums telling people to go drink bleach to "solve their woes" and eventually they'll get to a kid dumb enough to go do it