PDA

View Full Version : Money burning a hole in my pocket.

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 09:12 AM
i have a decision to make right now. i have $100 bucks and i was planning on saving up to buy some dye c7 pants and a jersey. but after playing yesterday my stock Electra board chopped around 10 paintballs in 3 hours. i just played through it and squeegied my barrel after the rounds it chopped (these were chops not barrel breaks) but i was wondering if i should just hold off on the clothes and buy a New board right now instead. i was looking at the Electra T-Board but it just occured to me to ask if the Lucky Spitfire board works on the 2006 electra or not. if it only works with a membrane pad, then i am perfectly fine with buying one of those too. but the t-board comes with one.

Questions:

1)clothes or board first?
2)does the Spitfire work in the '06 Electra? is so do i need to buy the
Membrane pad?
3)Should i get the T-board or spitfire board for '06 Electra
4)should i get colored eyes or are these bad since they can possibly give
away your position?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Drummer

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
1)clothes or board first?
-Depends on if you have clothes you can play in. If not, get something comfy.
2)does the Spitfire work in the '06 Electra? is so do i need to buy the
Membrane pad?
-Not sure. Research it.
3)Should i get the T-board or spitfire board for '06 Electra
-I always liked SD tboards.
4)should i get colored eyes or are these bad since they can possibly give
away your position?
-Colored eyes arent bad in any way shape or form. They arent THAT bright to give away a position in woodsball.

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
A new board won't help you with chopping. If you are chopping and you have eyes, then you need to check your detents to make sure they are working, and also check to make sure too much of the second ball isn't showing in the breech. Just load paint like you normally would and take the barrel off. Look down into the breech from the front and see if the second ball in the stack is showing too much in the breech. If so, that could be the cause of the chopping. The chopping could also be a result of bad paint.

I don't see the point in buying pants that are almost as expensive as your gun. I own a pair of C7 pants and love them, but I wouldn't even think of buying pants that cost almost as much as my gun. There are so many other options with pants. Also, if you're gonna be primarily playing woodsball, I see no point in paintball pants. BDUs and some knee pads will do you fine. I'm guessing you play woods ball since you are worried about your position being given away.

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 09:36 AM
i normally wear jeans a long sleeve tshirt and a hoody and i guess that will hold me over until May, my birthday, or sometime before then. so im going to get a new board first. i still need to find out whether the lucky board works on the Electra so i will try asking around. i mainly play speedball so do you think the colored eyes will make that much of a difference in that?

Edit: Nevermind stupid question, i just thought about it and who doesnt know your position in speedball most of the time anyway.

about the new board not helping with chops, wouldnt you imagine it would because the eye logic on the stock board isnt great and the eye logic on an aftermarket board is better.

anyway, i want a new board anyway for the customizability of the marker and if it continues to chop i will look into the problem more. i dont have any paint left anyway so next time i get some i will check Timmyshoota.

my only question now is, will the spitfire board work in the 2006 electra, because if it will, i think i will lean towards that right now.

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Why do you need a board? I think you'd be much better off spending the money on either a barrel, or a reg, or maybe even a better tank than spending it on a board.

bracer028
02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
i'd go lp before going board.

lp will help reduce breaks.

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 09:50 AM
i am going to get some of those things in may for my birthday. the reason i dont want to get a regulator right now is that i also need to buy a V/A and with it and i want to get an ASA with those and i dont have the money just yet so im going to use the money i get for my birthday to get those and maybe a 68/4500 HPA tank or a barrel. all those parts are going to go towards making my marker lp. i just have money now that i want to spend on something i can use now and i am going to use the money from my birthday to buy the parts to make my marker lp.

turbo chicken
02-05-2007, 09:58 AM
trouble shoot your chopping issue and fix it ... are your eyes dirty ... are they on?? ... you may need new eyes ... don't just buy new stuff without figuring out what the problem is.

You might be stuck with a 100.00 upgrade that didn't fix the issue ...

PB pants are way over rated hit up Action Village and find something on clearance ... i got some raven pants and jersey for 35.00 shipping included ...

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
im not buying the board just to fix chopping, i genuinely want a new one so i can get the most out of my marker after going lp. the chopping may have been due to dirty eyes. nothing is wrong with them and i cleaned my marker in and out all the way last night a i saw some paint on and around them that i didnt think of until now. and now that i think about it i accidentally turned my eyes off for one round yesterday and i had some chops and that is probably what got the eyes dirty. when i get some paint i will check to see if there is any chopping. I want to buy a board anyway for adjustment of my marker which is going lp in May when i get enough money to buy reg, va, asa, valve, barrel, and maybe a new bolt and striker all together instead of going part by part. i will then buy a 4500 psi tank later on when i get more money from cutting the grass and some other stuff in the summer.

P.S. i never just buy anything for one reason without researching it and comparing it to other products first. and then i spend a long time making up my mind even before i get the money.

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't get a board until you've gotten everything else. It should be the last step in a LP project, since its really the least important. I'd get things that will improve your gun on their own, before you buy things that need other parts to really improve your gun. Start with getting a barrel/barrel kit or a better tank, then move onto buying things that need other parts to really take full advantage of them. Going LP will help with efficiency and a board will help you shoot faster, but a barrel kit can improve accuracy all by itself, and a bigger tank will improve efficiency all by itself. You see what I'm saying? I went through this process a long time ago when I had my AMG. I started with getting parts that would independently help, like a barrel, feedneck(back when they had the plastic crap feedneck adapters), and a regulator. Then moved onto to other parts like bolt and valve, and then finally a board after I had everything else.

Do it in the most efficient way possible, especially since you are young and don't really have a job. When you have a steady income its easier to buy things in any order you choose.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 10:22 AM
P.S. i never just buy anything for one reason without researching it and comparing it to other products first. and then i spend a long time making up my mind even before i get the money.Same with me. ;)

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
so do you think it would be wise for me to get a cp shorty reg, a trinity front block, and macroline fittings for around 150 with tax and shipping. then get a CP direct mount on/off asa, maddman rocket valve, barrel, then a board?

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I think getting a barrel first would be the best thing to do. Then I'd look into getting the CP reg/front block combo and then the rest.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I think getting a barrel first would be the best thing to do. Then I'd look into getting the CP reg/front block combo and then the rest.Ya. Do that. ;)

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
what barrel would you suggest, i have like $115 right now and i can keep saving to get something like the Total Freak Kit. or should i get a single barrel or a cheaper barrel kit. open to suggestions.

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
CP barrel kit would be a good choice, they are pretty cheap and good barrels. I've had 3 barrel kits: Freak, Pepperstickz and Empire. Out of those, so far the Pepperstickz is the best, but I hate Freaks. I prefer 2 piece barrels to 3 piece barrels. A single barrel would be fine, and I used a single overbored(.691-.693) barrel for a long time with no real accuracy loss, but have recently switched back to using a kit just for the added consistency. I also got the Pepperstickz incredibly cheap, so I couldn't pass it up.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 11:22 AM
J+J is pretty good and only about 80ish.
Empire kits are good too.

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 11:50 AM
i really like that pepperstickz 4 piece kit but it isnt spyder threaded :bawling:. i looked at the empire revolver kit and i am probably going to get that when i get a little more money. thanks for all the help

Edit: should i spend all that money for an empire kit or should i just buy a single pepper stick barrel?

Triple xXx
02-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Get the Lucky Board for the Electra.

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 04:18 PM
i really like that pepperstickz 4 piece kit but it isnt spyder threaded :bawling:. i looked at the empire revolver kit and i am probably going to get that when i get a little more money. thanks for all the help

Edit: should i spend all that money for an empire kit or should i just buy a single pepper stick barrel?

I'd look at the CP kit, pretty cheap, but good sizes and quality. Good color selection too.

www.customproducts.us