PDA

View Full Version : new mask???

truevictor
02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Well after going paintballing today I realized that my sucky kingman mask will no longer do the job. It not only fogged but after paint got onto it it would not come off. It was as if the paint just dug its way into the lens. Now I'm looking for a new one. any suggestions, i am willing to spen at most $50, don't have the money for a better one right now:( . I saw a JT mask somewhere, jungle color:confused: , and it said it had a fan. If anyone knows which one I saw in particular plz tell me, and also if t's any good. Thanks:D

Ace24
02-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Used V-Force Profiler. I love my Profilers so much. I got one for $30 and the other for $35. With the money you save getting a used one, you can also get a great lense for it. The lense change system is such a nice thing. So easy and quick to pop off your lense, whipe it off/rense it or switch it with another one. The Profiler is the most comfortable mask I've ever owned.

Another great option is the JT Proflex. They are also just as comfortable. The only bad thing is how hard it is to change the lenses. It hurts your hands.

Hossy
02-04-2007, 04:48 PM
ive seen it..dont know what its called

Id say spend a little more, and get a Proflex...or get an events.

if your on a buget, JT proetus is what i have, and it has never let me down

Mr.Untouchable
02-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Get a used Profiler, comes in tons of colors and IMO is the best mask out there. Like Ace said, used they can be picked up for $30-$40.

truevictor
02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Used V-Force Profiler. I love my Profilers so much. I got one for $30 and the other for $35. With the money you save getting a used one, you can also get a great lense for it. The lense change system is such a nice thing. So easy and quick to pop off your lense, whipe it off/rense it or switch it with another one. The Profiler is the most comfortable mask I've ever owned.

Another great option is the JT Proflex. They are also just as comfortable. The only bad thing is how hard it is to change the lenses. It hurts your hands.

I definately like the profiler, great suggestion, but i also found another mask by v-force, teh morph pro, it says that it uses the same lens as the profiler. Do any of you know whether this is also a good mask or is it just a very cheap version of the profiler???:confused: also other masks i found that seem to look nice:
http://www.punisherspb.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=VFORCE-PROFILER-REVERSE-GREEN&?id=1
http://zephyrsports.zoovy.com/product/PB-JT-PF8FULLGRY

if any of these two are good. some plz tell me so.
thanks

Halucin8
02-04-2007, 07:38 PM
the full head traps alot of heart on your head and makes fogging more of a problem. i have one and can't use it on days that i run around alot. i have used my friends profiler and it is great. The morph ws his second choice but found a great deal on the profilers so he bought them instead. check out the reviews on pbreview. the morph is a good mask

J3omb
02-04-2007, 09:23 PM
thanks

The second one, my cousin h@s it, @nd i w@s with him the first time he used it, it only fogged up @ little, @fter 5 hours of pl@y. @lso, he h@d it on for @ long time before using it, @nd it didnt fog. The full he@d is nice, bec@use if you get hit in the b@ck of the he@d, it hurts like hell.

:mad: sorry bout the @'s, my @ is screwed up...:mad:

Ace24
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I definately like the profiler, great suggestion, but i also found another mask by v-force, teh morph pro, it says that it uses the same lens as the profiler. Do any of you know whether this is also a good mask or is it just a very cheap version of the profiler???:confused: also other masks i found that seem to look nice:
http://www.punisherspb.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=VFORCE-PROFILER-REVERSE-GREEN&?id=1
http://zephyrsports.zoovy.com/product/PB-JT-PF8FULLGRY

thanks

I also own a Morph. Yes, they do use the exact same lense. They are pleanty comfortable, and they have the exact same vision area as the Profiler does. The Morph has bounce rubber around the entire bottom of the mask, much like the JT Proflex. The mask also covers more of your face then the Profiler does, but it doesn't fit as close to your face as the Profiler. It is also slightly wider then the Profiler.

Honestly, I would still go for a used Profiler.

What style of paintball are you buying the mask for? I use my Morph for when my bro comes up from TX and doesnt want to use my Yellow Profiler that I use for reffing. I also use the Morph for scenario/woodsball style paintball. The reasoning for this is for the pure fact that 300Fps+ (woodsball gets unruly and unorganised when it comes to FPS) hurts the face alot more then our indoor fields 250fps. (Also, the reason I use it for scenario is because it's green, and because of the large vent slats around the entire bounce rubber mouth guard/chinguard area, I can put camo strips of cloth in it and complete my "guillie" style headwear.)

truevictor
02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
well im mostly playing woodsball at my local fiel, they have a really nice setup wiht 6 acres of land and capture the fort too. But I still want to know if the morph is good n quality not just the lens, like what typer of foam is on the inside and does it come apart easy. Oh and if anyone has any more information on the proglex 8 full head version, please tell me because one person's review is dfferent from anothers, you know what works for one may not work for another. THANKS!!!

clickclicksplat
02-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I've heard the proto switch EL is a decent mask for I think $30-$35 or so. Never used one but it has good ratings on PBReview, it's what I'm looking at upgrading to simply because my local wal-mart carries them.

Ace24
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
The Morph has the same quality foam as the Profiler has. Both are super comfortable. I just prefer my Profiler over the Morph due to the smaller mask size and looks.

The full headed Proflex 8 is ok... I don't like full head systems, due to the fact that you look like a total newb using them, and they get itchy and hot in the summer. (Used to own a JT Elite Headshield. Similar to the PF 8 Full head, but with a ****ty lense) It has the same vision radius as the other Proflex's do. I am not sure if you can take the full head part off... I know with my JT Elite, I could with a little struggling. (Wich turned it into one of those NVaders.)

Honestly, I would go with a green Profiler, or green Profiler SE used and get a Real Tree Sandana for your head, as well as the Real Tree Headband to add extra padding to the forehead area.

(I use a "We Kill Suckers" sandana with a sort of pillow forehead. It hurts so much less, and I get SO many bounces with it. With the full head system, you have very little chance of getting a head bounce. Thats why I say go with the Sandana.)

Lmk if you want to know anything else.

Oscum Guy
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
proto switch. $30. great mask. they are very comforrtable and never fog. they are also very easy to clean and take apart.

avantpaintballer99
02-09-2007, 05:18 PM
i just got a new vforce pro vantage
very comfortable
was about 30$ shipped on actionvillage

VS3 Sniper
02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a dye invision with turbine fan and even with out the fan it has never fogged up on me. If u decide to get a proto mask I have a proto fan for sale just pm me.