PDA

View Full Version : Shocker NXT + Co2???

Mr.Untouchable
02-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I was looking at an Orange 2007 NXT Shocker on Barb's paintball and it happens to say that this shocker has multi-gas operation. So therefore it can operate on Co2 (I know it is not good for your gun). So, is there any major operating differences on this gun then if someone were to use Co2 insted of HPA besides velocity spikes and such?

Backmanshooter
02-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Inconsistancy is common with CO2.

Only use CO2 on EP markers if its antisiphoned but I still wouldnt recommend it.

Hossy
02-04-2007, 09:00 AM
CO2 will make the balls very inconsistant, accuracy wise and velocity wise

steel HPA tanks are not expensive, get one

08Lud08
02-04-2007, 05:39 PM
You run the risk of ruining the noid because of spikes and the reg probably wont handle the co2 very well. And I wouldn't recommend shooting co2 period.

vwjimmy
02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Smart Parts says that about several of there markers. I have seen CO2 damage Shockers and Ions...and they both say that CO2 is alright to use...CO2, even anti-siphoned, can condense to a liquid at any point in its travel thru the marker, and if it does in the solonoid..game over. Also, CO2 can reach pressures well above 850psi in hot weather (I have seen my Fenix gauge get to 1000psi in August!) and that can 'blow' the solonoid. Lastly, the o rings in the Maxflo reg on the Shocker will need constant replacing due to temp/freezing damage when used with CO2...
Bottomline: Do not run CO2 thru a Shocker unless you understand that the probability of marker damage is all but eminent.

El Duche
02-04-2007, 07:20 PM
inconsistent, harder on o-rings, and might freeze the gun up.

Sandman_Bravo
02-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Smart Parts says that about several of there markers. I have seen CO2 damage Shockers and Ions...and they both say that CO2 is alright to use...CO2, even anti-siphoned, can condense to a liquid at any point in its travel thru the marker, and if it does in the solonoid..game over. Also, CO2 can reach pressures well above 850psi in hot weather (I have seen my Fenix gauge get to 1000psi in August!) and that can 'blow' the solonoid. Lastly, the o rings in the Maxflo reg on the Shocker will need constant replacing due to temp/freezing damage when used with CO2...
Bottomline: Do not run CO2 thru a Shocker unless you understand that the probability of marker damage is all but eminent.

:yeahthat: Bdee, Bdee, That's all folks!

timmyshoota
02-05-2007, 06:37 AM
Also, CO2 can reach pressures well above 850psi in hot weather (I have seen my Fenix gauge get to 1000psi in August!) and that can 'blow' the solonoid.

The pressure of the CO2 in the tank won't matter, it'll get regulated through the Max Flow. The biggest problem with CO2 is its very dirty. You'll junk up the solenoid and hamper performance. The odds of CO2 spiking enough to blow a noid are low. You will have terrible consistancy, but definitely not enough to blow the noid, since no marker should be running anywhere close to high enough to blow the noid. Replacing o-rings will be just like with a Spyder. I know I didn't replace mine super frequently, and mine ran fine. It'll be just the same with it on a Shocker. The o-rings will wear out faster than with HPA yes, but not at a super fast rate. They'll wear out just as fast as o-rings in a Spyder would. This almost makes me want to use CO2 on a Shocker.

nbishop66
02-05-2007, 10:11 AM
That would be like tinkling in the tank of your Ferrari and expecting to run well.