PDA

View Full Version : Which route to go?

Backmanshooter
02-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Well I've seen different pumps. Phantoms and carters then Sniper's and stuff along w/ trilogys. I'm on a budget until I can sell my dm4. So I wasnt sure if the trilogy sport could use a PMP pump kit. I've seen the Comp/Pro with pump kits but never the sport. I could get a trilogy sport for cheap and if I can get a pump kit and it working, then I'll do that.

So my questions are...

1. Should I get a Trilogy Sport+Pump kit?
2. Would it be an easier or harder way to start pumping?
3. Would it be reliable as it being a cheaper cocker?

All help is appreciated.

-Backmanshooter

Hossy
02-03-2007, 07:47 PM
id get the phantom, if you want to go that route...and buy it from otter, he has great prices on stuff!

QAZ123
02-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't believe you can install a pump onto the trilogy series due to the pneumatics not being bolted on. People have done some modding to make it work but it would be easier to just pick up a used cocker as they are cheap enough already.

JB.

Backmanshooter
02-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't believe you can install a pump onto the trilogy series due to the pneumatics not being bolted on. People have done some modding to make it work but it would be easier to just pick up a used cocker as they are cheap enough already.

JB.1st off..I like phantoms, but I want to sue my current tank/constant air.

As for QAZ123- They have a special kit for it. Its made by PMP. Its a special pump kit made for trilogys. I talked to a few guys on PbN who've owned trilogy pumps. And technically it wouldnt be cheaper. 50-60 for trilogy,40 for pump kit. 90-100

Regular cocker people want at least 100. plus another 40-50 for a kit. Thats 140-150.

Link to pump kit for trilogys.
http://www.pmpind.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1073

QAZ123
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Very cool I was wondering how they were making the trilogy's into pump. I would go down that direction if your on a budget. Should do quite well for ya.

JB.

Backmanshooter
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
As of right now, I am on a budget. Unless I sell my dm4 of course. :D

Thanks.

vikingshadow
02-04-2007, 04:11 AM
I agree with the Trilogy pump idea. There's something to be said to building something of your own.

However, if it were me, I'd sell the DM4 first and then get a different pump. I love my Phantom!

Backmanshooter
02-04-2007, 07:38 AM
I like phantoms, just not the 12g's. I want a constant air pump.

Thanks for your imput.

post number 100

QAZ123
02-04-2007, 07:43 AM
You don't have to use 12 grams on a phantom. If you go with a vsc phantom you can use a 3.5 oz tank which is what I used to use when I had mine. Also you can run a backbottle setup and use any tank you want. You can also run a bottomline setup and use a tank that way also.

The only thing I don't care for on a phantom is the high operating pressure as there is nothing you can do about it.

JB.

vikingshadow
02-04-2007, 07:51 AM
I use a 3.5 ounce tank as well. Much easier to use, adds some weight, but not a lot and it looks cool!

Only think I don't like about them is if you fill it incorrectly, and it's a hot day, the burst disk will blow. Went through 3 before I figured out the correct way to do it!

I never thought about the Phantom's operating pressure, but that makes sense. It's too bad you can't lower pressure on them - make a low pressure Phantom! Man, that'd be cool!

QAZ123
02-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Yeah I've tried it but it's a pain. Changing out springs and regulating it. I know one guy that got his down to 475 psi but with brittle paint it's still pretty high.

Phantoms are so much fun though. I love going out on the field feeling so light.

JB.

Backmanshooter
02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
You don't have to use 12 grams on a phantom. If you go with a vsc phantom you can use a 3.5 oz tank which is what I used to use when I had mine. Also you can run a backbottle setup and use any tank you want. You can also run a bottomline setup and use a tank that way also.

The only thing I don't care for on a phantom is the high operating pressure as there is nothing you can do about it.

JB.Well I dont know much about phantoms so ya.

Plus phantoms are really expensive. And going w/ a trilogy+pump kit would be cheapest.

timbertiger20
02-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Stock Black phantoms.......can be as low as $150

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I sent $ for a trilogy pro..80 shipped. I get a pack,some random mask I dont need, a redz pack, 4 pods and the trilogy pro. I think ehs throwing in empire gloves too. Hell I'll find out later this week/beginning of next week.

I need to put some $$ in paypal so I can buy the PMP pump kit. Woo.

I'll get the link to the PbN thread.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1986971

Theheroguy
02-06-2007, 06:53 AM
$80? kinda a steal

Backmanshooter
02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Ya. Ive known him a couple years.

Backmanshooter
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Dre, or any other PbN mod, check up WGPBaller91 on PbN...

Hob Hayward
02-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Hmm, QAZ, you sure you couldn't LP mod a phantom? You've got me thinking now, because one could always get one of the phantom stabilizers, and I know that phantoms are pretty high flowing off the bat, because I accidentally had mine shooting 310at one point, and the velocity adjuster wasn't even screwed out all the way for the best flow. I bet you could modify the valve to have better flow, and adjust the bolt for higher flow and see what pressure you could get it going at. A LP phantom would just be godly...

timbertiger20
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I'll let you buy the parts at cost if you want to expirement!

bamf-hacker
02-13-2007, 05:22 AM
You can LP a Phantom. PM our beloved leader and ask him. Something about using Ghost parts in the Phantom to lower the pressure.

If I could find a Ghost for cheap I would try it.