PDA

View Full Version : Spyder to dragunov?

Taillo
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi, im looking for a spyder classic or compact trigger frame for my mr1, but it looks i will only be able to find one by buying the complete marker.

So what to do with the marker body once i took of the trigger frame? Here's my idea: Put the mr1 trigger frame on the compact or classic frame, then buy the longest barrel i can find and build a wooden skin around the marker to make a Dragunov SVD styled paintball marker.

Does that idea look crazy?

Some questions:

Can i replace or remove the pressure chamber located under the barrel?

Will a trinity m-16 mag expansion chamber fit on compact or classic frames?

Will a wooden stock only secured by the mr1 trigger frame be solid enough to play?

Does standard scope mounts fit on the sight rail on compact and classic frames?

Will i have to re-wire the hoses on both markers?

Is this project stupid?

Will i fail at finding a suitable compact or classic spyder marker, so both of my projects are only dreams?

All those questions are open to discussion in this post...
Thanks.

Nenkitsune
02-03-2007, 09:50 PM
i like the idea of the gun, but you will run into a few problems, like any project. The LPC (chamber i'm assuming your talking about) cannot be removed unless you found a plug of some sort to screw into it's place. The trinity mag will not fit on the compact body. But, i suggest finding a real mag that looks similars to the svd's, and routing the airlines through the dragunov stock you'll build for it, to the back of the gun. Then, you could use a 12 gram adaptor inside the stock of the gun (maybe where the hole on the dragunov is) i think the stock should be secured with a bit more than just those 2 screws, but it should hold up. I love the idea of the project Dragunov's look awesome. It might be hard to find a single trigger frame, but fear not, they are floating around on the internet ^^

Taillo
02-04-2007, 02:47 AM
thanks for the ideas and answers.

I dont plan to make a air tru system, i will use a remote on the bottom line only.

The better idea a have for the chamber is just to cover it with the wooden handguard ill have to build.

It would look something like this:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/dragunov_compact1.jpg

Nenkitsune
02-04-2007, 03:01 AM
eyah, dude that looks awesome if you can get it to loook like that. it would be even cooler if you got a single trigger frame and got rid of the drop (that way it sits more flush) if you plan on making the stock like that, i suggest using tabs of some sort to make it so it allso mounts with the grip panel screws. ya know what i mean?

Theheroguy
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
good luck it is an awesome idea

Taillo
02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Okay i just bought a spyder classic on ebay, it will be the base frame for the dragunov.

It comes with an expansion chamber, and to make the dragunov i will have to get rid of it, unless there is a way to install it else where... maybe by turing it 90degrees or hide in it inside the stock or the handguard, i dont know.

Any idea?

I also found the barrel i will later purchase: http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-sniper-barrel-p-2760.html

Is this long enough (length not displayed) because i dont know if longer barrels exist...

Taillo
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
It arrived! This is the marker ill start with to build the dragunov.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/classic.jpg

Nenkitsune
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
cool, that'll make a great base to start off with. as for your barrel, it appears to be a 22in (but i'm not sure) judging from pics i've seen of the dragunov's on google, it seems long enough.
on your gun, take off the expansion chamber, it isn't truly nessacary, above you said you'lll just use a remote line, so i would run a 90 off it and run the line to the stock, then have an asa there where you could attach the remote.

Hob Hayward
02-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Looks like a good concept, I wish I was building something like that :p. I think nen is right about the air lines, it would definitely work better if you rigged up macroline running to the back of the stock where you would have a quick disconnect adapter thingy.

Crazy Cracka
04-08-2007, 08:52 PM
If you need an MR1 trigger frame let me know. Also with the gun you are not considering the fixed feedneck, and how are you going to attach a stock to a trigger frame?

Taillo
04-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Like this:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/DSC00634.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/DSC00631.jpg

I changed my mind about the mr1 trigger frame, switched for the classic frame, easier to attach stock on it. Decided not to go for the "gaz tru" stock, directly attached a bottom line on the stock. Only works with a remote line.

Mag is only a cover for looks and it is made out of plastic, attached on the metal shroud.

Next upgrade, a 21 inch rifled barrel and a wooden handguard to cover it.

Hob Hayward
04-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Nice, stock looks pretty good, I'll be interested to see the barrel shroud.

Note: rifling on paintball barrels doesn't work, so don't go out and pay more for one than you'd pay for another barrel

Taillo
04-10-2007, 05:59 AM
There is no real barrel shroud, the one i mentionned is the piece of black pierced metal around the front of the marker.

The barrel im looking for is this one:
http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-sniper-barrel-p-2760.html
Its the best price/lenght i have found.

I already have a 16" rifled for my mr1 and i think it works well, shoots pretty with consistant accuracy.

Taillo
04-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I have finished the handguard. I will put some pictures soon, but before calling it ready for battle i tried to dry fire it and bbbrrrrrppp. It looks like it does not cock back after a shot , and that does not happen on a full co2 bottle, only when a certain quantity of air has gone out of the bottle... I know its not the cup seal because it is a new one. Anyone knows how i can fix this? (Just as a comparison, my mr1 does not have the same problem runing on the same bottle)

Kenny_McCormic
04-30-2007, 06:42 PM
the problem you describe is called the co2 tank is empty. the solution, refill it

Hob Hayward
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Hmm, check that your frame is screwed on tightly and that the sear isn't rounded. Lube the bolt and striker, also check and oil the valve o-rings.

Taillo
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Hmm, check that your frame is screwed on tightly and that the sear isn't rounded. Lube the bolt and striker, also check and oil the valve o-rings.

Thanks Hob, the sear is in fact old, i might check that. Im pretty sure its not the seal ive fully checked it recently. May a leak in the hose cause this trouble?

the problem you describe is called the co2 tank is empty. the solution, refill it

No the tank is almost full. It would have the same effect on my mr1 when air runs out.

Taillo
05-03-2007, 03:30 PM
The Dragunnov is ready for battle!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/DSC00644.jpg

Striker problem also solved. The striker's Oring was too small...

Another problem appeared: it seems that the ball detent does not hold the ball hard enough and the ball can roll trough the barrel if it is aimed down. It is not a major problem but if you know how to fix this it will help...

Nenkitsune
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
whoa. that thing looks sick man. you did a really good job on it.

SupaSnipa
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice................... .. Nenkitsune put into go termology.....thats sick

Solidus
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
very very nice. I tend to see alot of dragunov projects lately. Spyders, X-7s, wonder whats next?