PDA

View Full Version : Redz Ion or Mini????

Mr.Untouchable
02-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Okay, I recently looked at a Redz Ion at AV. I was wondering if this was a good deal at $349 dollers. It comes with a Redz Ion Body Kit, Trigger (I guess Redz I dunno), Ion Bolt, Cam-Lock feedneck, Pepper Stick, and ASA+Rail.
This is baisically everything I wanted to buy if I were to buy an Ion, plus a cool looking body.

I am also interested in the Invert Mini. Most of you know about the mini's so I wont go into detail. But I just wanted to know your oppinions on the two guns, and which would be better for me (Price is not a factor)

wbpaintball
02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Id say the ion for you but not nessecarily the Redz. Id just buy a stock Ion and go online and look for different bodies. There are so many different bodies for the ion that its crazy. I guess if you really like the Redz Ion go with that over the mini

Nintendo
02-01-2007, 02:51 PM
well its pretty much which one you like better but i would wanna go to a local pb shop hold em, dry fire them if they let ya n make your decision from there and don't foget about the rail used timmys used angels or used Pms or Dms

tater_salad
02-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I say Mini.

Sandman_Bravo
02-01-2007, 04:01 PM
mini, or stock used Ion(not the redz) then get your own ups.

PumaPride04
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
i say ion because my friend had a mini and it was to to small for me!!!!!!!!!!! (im 4*11)

marvin-martian
02-01-2007, 06:01 PM
i say ion because my friend had a mini and it was to two for me!!!!!!!!!!! (im 4*11)
what?

PumaPride04
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
yep he returned it to *(i edited it sorry)

RIpaintballer
02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
dont get a mini with the tank on it is unbalence

Hob Hayward
02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Well- I like the idea of the mini but I guess you'd have to wait until the problems get worked out.

I think the Redz ion sounds like a pretty sick deal, you get everything you need to turn the ion into a real competitor. Dunno the price of individual parts, but it sounds like a great deal, usually a body kit alone would be at least $100, and then you get at least another $100 worth of parts. Only thing I'd also buy would be a QEV.

nbishop66
02-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Take a look here........ ANS ION $249. All aluminum body, custom trigger frame, and much more...
http://stores.ebay.com/Barbspaintball_Markers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2078 125QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Lots up ups for a reasonable price. I bought a stock ion last summer and have been upping it piece by piece. This is a great deal.

I'm not sold on the Mini yet. I held on at a shop, it was damn light, nice and compact, but I didn't really like the way it felt.

MVS1
02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
If you decide to go with the ion get the one from barbspaintball, I've dealt with them in the past and they'll make ya the best deal around. With that said, the price difference b/t an up'd ion and mini is about $50 to $100 (unless your getting the epiphany, or however you spell it) and every where I've seen the mini its been out of stock. If you want to customize your marker, further than what it is coming with get the Ion, not alot of upgrade parts available for the mini. Although I'm curious to see how the mini performs I'd have to say that given your situation I'd get an Ion and personalize it.

Backmanshooter
02-04-2007, 07:17 AM
I wouldnt go with either. Mini has too many problems at the moment and the redz ion is just a hyped up normal Ion.

I'd say a PMR/Promaster etc. Or find something good used for cheap. ;)

VS3 Sniper
02-04-2007, 10:57 PM
I would say go with a used dm4 or dm5 off ebay. I just got a dm4 for 400.00 with alot of ups.