PDA

View Full Version : Apache and MR2 or MR3

powderBurnz
02-01-2007, 08:38 AM
New to paintballing, looking at an MR2 or MR3 as well as a Ricochet Apache Loader.

Questions is will the Apache keep up with either the MR2 or MR3 on Auto???

Thanks,
Burnz....

The Booth Man
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
New to paintballing, looking at an MR2 or MR3 as well as a Ricochet Apache Loader.

Thanks,
Burnz....

No it will not keep up. You WILL experience chops with the Apache on full auto. If you can afford it, we really recommend a forcefed hopper such as a Halo, Reloader, Viewloader Vlocity, etc.

Or for the same price as the Apache, you can find a good used loader off of Ebay or a paintball forum.

wbpaintball
02-01-2007, 11:54 AM
It seems that all of the noobs are getting MR's. Yeah sounds like a good set up you got there.

wylde01
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
If you can afford it, we really recommend a forcefed hopper such as a Halo, Reloader, Viewloader Vlocity, etc.

be a little more specific on the reloader. if you get a reloader make sure it is the b or b2. if you get the reloader 2 you will experience chops.

Glasher
02-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Realoader B or a Halo B, this is the cure of chops, my friend MR2 is stock and with a Egg2 he was choping like MAD since he chnaged to a force feed he enver choped since and his is all stock, only break-in the ACS Bolt

yod3r
02-01-2007, 04:50 PM
you could also get a qloader, i havnt had any chops with it and it can keep up with practically anything

Hossy
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Realoader B or a Halo B, this is the cure of chops, my friend MR2 is stock and with a Egg2 he was choping like MAD since he chnaged to a force feed he enver choped since and his is all stock, only break-in the ACS Bolt

You dont know what your talking about bud, a Egg2 is a forcefed loader..
Yet, i still have to dissagree with you,

Thanks,
Burnz....
Yes, the apache will keep up with your gun, because its electric. The thing is, it wont keep up in full auto most likely. BUT most fields dont let you use burst, ramp (doesnt come on the MR) or auto, so really all you will need is a loader that can keep up with your fingers for now. I agree with some of the above...The reloader B, velocity, and such are great loaders, and they will be ones that you can use forever. Id suggest an Egg2 used, they are very cheap. They are also very good loaders, and wont burn a hole in your wallet

powderBurnz
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok, How about the Fasta?

Or if I get the Halo B do I really need the Rip?

Jarhead
02-01-2007, 06:21 PM
You dont know what your talking about bud, a Egg2 is a forcefed loader..
Yet, i still have to dissagree with you,

Yes, the apache will keep up with your gun, because its electric. The thing is, it wont keep up in full auto most likely. BUT most fields dont let you use burst, ramp (doesnt come on the MR) or auto, so really all you will need is a loader that can keep up with your fingers for now. I agree with some of the above...The reloader B, velocity, and such are great loaders, and they will be ones that you can use forever. Id suggest an Egg2 used, they are very cheap. They are also very good loaders, and wont burn a hole in your wallet

Unfortunately I will have to disagree. My friend bought a MR2 with a Apache Loader. He chopped everytime he tried to shoot fast on semi and sometimes on slow fire. He bought a Reloader and hasn't had a problem since. The Apache is electric but is not force fed. It agitates the balls and they fall into the feed tube. The blowback will still affect it since there is nothing keeping the balls in the tube.

PowderBurnz,
My advice would be to look for in a hopper that is forced fed then take a look at rate of fire. Not all electric hoppers are force fed and like someone said, look on ebay, you can find good deals there.

Hob Hayward
02-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Wrong on another point hoss- the egg is not a true forcefeed hopper. Its a kinda hybrid force feed/agitator. The Fasta is the same design as the egg pretty much so I would expect similar performance.

I would go with the Empire B or Draxxus Pulse loader if you can afford it.

If you don't have alot of money or don't want to spend a ton on a hopper, the Vlocity Jr. is around $90 and its a pretty fast force fed hopper. You wouldn't be able to outshoot it.

powderBurnz
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I was looking at the Vlocity JR too. But otherwise the Halo B would work well huh?

thanks this is a ton of help......

-burnz

Hossy
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
**hint**
there is a VLocity JR. in the BST section....
just a heads up

Hob Hayward
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah, A halo B would be fine aswell. You don't need the rip drive, but if the loader were to jam, you have no way of unjamming it easily, also, with the rip you are capable of loading balls at the chrono without turning the loader on which is always helpful.

powderBurnz
02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Sweet, thanks ....

Maxx-Damage
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Is it worth it to buy a Velocity JR over the regular velocity?

Philly_Dog
02-05-2007, 05:25 AM
I made the mistake of buying an apache for my MR2. I have since replaced it with a qloader. Here is what I think caused my problems:

The Apache worked great when it was full. When it was about half emtpy, I would get random chops. This is because there is a bit of blowback with the MR2. It causes the balls in the elbow to "Blowback" up into the apache when there is little resistance against the balls in the elbow. Thus, breaks would occur when there wasn't enough balls in the apache to counter the blowback.

Save your money for a Qloader. Get the basic package and add more qpods later. No batteries, no blind spot due to a hopper on top of you marker. Lots of mounting options. I am happy as heck with mine. :-)

ViperX
02-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Save your money for a Qloader. Get the basic package and add more qpods later. No batteries, no blind spot due to a hopper on top of you marker. Lots of mounting options. I am happy as heck with mine. :-)

I've really liked the idea of the q-loader as far as being able to mount endless scope options with out clearance problems you get with the force fed hoppers.

How do you compare the useability of the q-loader? How is it with reloading the pods, and do you find yourself a little inconveicned not having the same ball capacity per "q loader hopper" and pods? Since they are only 100count.

I'm not 100% sold on the q-loader but I dispise my empire b and its profile/weight and limiting me to certain scope configurations. So sell me on the q-loader! What's your personal take?

yod3r
02-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I love my qloader on my mr2. Its mounted in a spot that if a paintball were to hit it, it would hit me anyways so its not in the way. Its really fast at reloading, you can get more pods(i have 5) and you can put them in a harness so you will hardly ever run out. O and btw i forgot to mention, It looks freakin SWEET!!!