PDA

View Full Version : Need help MR2 upgrades and performance

Schultz-MR2
01-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I recently bought a MR2. I played this weekend and am happy with the performance of this gun, but i need some advice from other mr2 users. I have a compressed air tank, a 13bps empire hopper, and a new 14 inch trinity accurate barrel. I know to get better speed i need a faster hopper, but this can wait. What i am having problems with is my shot accuracy. basically beyond 20 feet it goes crazy. Can anyone help me with what barrels that fit the mr2 will give me a good consistent accurate shot, and if there are other parts i should look in to to help with this? The only other barrels i know of that fit this gun are th j j ceramic and the rap4 16 inch rifled barrel. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Schultz-MR2

darth massacre
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Seek and you shall find.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340

Welcome to the forum!

yod3r
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
id go with a 14" j&j, its cheap, light,and has pretty good accuracy too

DRAGON
01-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Ceranic FTW. Make sure your velocity is around 280fps. If you're shooting over 300fps there's a greater chance of balls flying all over the place. Chrono your marker -

Welcome to the forums.....

Schultz-MR2
01-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I am new to paintball, i used to play 5 or 6 years ago, but just now got a job good enough that i can afford to play a cupple times a month. Could anyone let me know what upgrades are avaible for the MR2 and what they will do for me? I want to be educated as possible before i go start spending money and working on my gun. And also i will look at the list of barrels that was posted, but in anyones opinion which barrel will work the best without going over 14 or 16 inch length. Thanks again all you are saving me alot of wasted time and money.

Schultz-MR2

yod3r
01-31-2007, 02:38 PM
id go with the 14" j&j

heres a list of all the upgrade for the mr2
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340

wylde01
01-31-2007, 02:51 PM
well IMO i would go with the 14 inch jj ceramic barrel because it is light, pretty accruate, and a big plus to me is its quiet! there are alot of upgrades that you can do which is all on the thread that other people gave to you. i must say that one of the biggest ones to get IMO is the new feedneck. it gets rid of that stupid plastic feedneck that is easy to break. i know that you said your not too worried about a new hopper but you might start to experience some chops if you start to shoot fast or use the burst/auto modes. i would reccomment either the vlocity, reloader b, or halo b. i dont know much about the vlocity but i can tell you that the halo b has a board with eyes which can sometimes not see certian colors of balls. the reloader b has a sound activated board so it can see any color balls. i use the reloader b and it works great on my mr2. i hope this helps. if you have any questions i can tell you that the people here can help. also you can shoot me some pm's if you want and i can try to help you to the best of my knowledge.

Schultz-MR2
01-31-2007, 07:35 PM
I was looking at the barrels, and does anyone know anything about the hammerhead barrels? i was thinking about getting one of these. Also are there any after market bolts and expansion chambers for this gun? Once again thanks for the help everyone who has replied.

Schultz-MR2
mdschltz@memphis.edu

yod3r
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
there are aftermarket bolts at www.alamocitypb.com and you could also get the trinity ak-47 expansion chamber. I havnt ever shot a hammerhead barrel but i hear they are pretty accurate

chagrinback49
02-01-2007, 11:46 AM
the J&J ceramic 16" is amazing. its very accurate and has good range. and its pretty cheap.