PDA

View Full Version : !! HELP w/ Magnaport valve !!

Pwgsx
01-31-2007, 02:00 PM
ok so I got my Magnaport valve in the mail today, remove all the old parts, get my oem valve out and go to put this one in and call it a night. Well, the New Valve wont go in, first I thought it was a tight fit and even lubed up the 2 o rings in hopes it would slide in. Well the whole valve fits past the front threads but as soon as it hits the smooth inside wall, it wont go any further. I removed it and compaired the oem one to the new one and they look the same, same size and everything. :confused:

How do I get this thing in??

This is on a Spyder Standard!!

Hob Hayward
01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Spyder standard? Is that the actual name of it :S?

It should go in without any trouble, I've never heard of people not being able to fit valves in before. Perhaps the valve was poorly made and it just slightly too big? If you have the option, you could return it and buy something like the NDZ HP valve and see if that'll work.

vwjimmy
01-31-2007, 03:19 PM
What front threads? The lower tube is threaded?
New valves with new o rings are always tight...
Make sure you are pushing it in straight, very straight. Also, you could try the o rings off of the old valve (I would not want to, but you could try)
What did you push the old valve out with? Is it possible you put a burr or gouge in the body?

Pwgsx
01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
I used a pencil w/ the rubber eraser end to pop out the old valve. I have also tried to put the new one in with no o rings and still no luck. I guess I should call it the "spyder Classic" Im all out of ideas except maybe trying to mod. my old valve or try and return this new one for another brand.

Here is a pic of a similar gun without any mods.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/pwgsx/PA270001.jpg

Nenkitsune
01-31-2007, 07:31 PM
hmm...did you make sure you took out your bottomline?

Pwgsx
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
yea everything is out and the oem one fits back in fine :(

Pwgsx
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
ok i got it in........it just needed some motivation and a little shaving from the drymel........works like a charm. Except for gouging 2 o rings the first time, I think the second try worked fine!

Will CO2 tank o rings work as replacements?? or is it another kind of material that needs to be used?

Nenkitsune
02-01-2007, 04:36 AM
tank rings are ok. but now i'm worried if you damaged the valve body by dremeling it.....

Pwgsx
02-01-2007, 05:33 AM
well, I figured for $20 , Id take the chance. It doesnt seem to be leaking at all and kept pressure even with the tank removed. I used the lightest sand paper pad and went around the perimiter. It came out good with no marks, flat spots ect.

Now I need a spring kit, a chrono, and after reading Otters LP page, a better regulator in the grip and not on the bottom line like I have right now.

Whats a good spring kit, since I have the Spyder classic, the valve springs seem to be 2 inches long and everything im seeing is much shorter.......?? Also whats a good regulator and how would I attach a gauge??

Nenkitsune
02-01-2007, 05:54 AM
get the 32* spring kit. it comes with every spring you need (including the long valve springs)

Pwgsx
02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
well I ordered all my parts.......drop forward w/ on/off, expansion chamber with gauge and regulator at the top, Macro-line. And Spring kit.....I cant wait :)

thanks 4 all the help !!

Nenkitsune
02-01-2007, 12:18 PM
what do you mean by an expansion chamber w/gauge and regulator? don't you mean just a regulator? lol

Pwgsx
02-01-2007, 08:17 PM
nope......

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-REGEX-REGULATOR-EXPANSION-CHAMBER-COMBO-WITH-GAUGE_W0QQitemZ190078850513QQihZ009QQcategoryZ8711 9QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

LOL

Nenkitsune
02-02-2007, 03:05 AM
someone on pbreview said it's not high flowing. i havent heard of them either. as far as regulator's go, i love the torp

Pwgsx
02-02-2007, 06:49 AM
we'll c

MVS1
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
we'll c
you get the chance to be the first to post a review of it here...very brave of you, let us know how it works for ya.

Pwgsx
02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
still waiting for my spring kit to come in so I can LP my gun. So far, the regulator/gauge/expansion chamber looks ok, the only thing I can see so far is that when screwed in, the gauge points twards the trigger frame, not bad bc I can keep a eye on the pressure but not where I would like it. This may be due to the fact that I have a adapter to fit my gun. I'll post some pics when its all together.

Update, that gauge /expansion chamber is a POS. I would not tell anyone to buy it, it leaks, the pressure jumps to 200 psi to 400 to everywhere in between. While the gauge on the CO2 tank is constant. Pure Crap.

Border411
04-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Yo----mine was a pain in the butt to get in. I just had to use a big enough wooden dowel and forced it in! It is even more of a pain trying to get the bottom hole to line up to get the brass retaining screw to line up with the bottom hole.

STRIKEFIRST
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
you could of froze the valve...you know the whole expansion contraction thing they teach in school :)