PDA

View Full Version : My Imagine is "burping"

mayonase man
01-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Ok so I bought this refurbished Imagine and then I switched the elctronic trigger frame from the Imagine to my Victor II because the Imagine was shotting way over 300 fps at a tourny, so now the Imagine has a mechanicle trigger frame. But anyways that's a different story.

Ok so the problem is, my Imagine will shoot a few times and then it "burps" (the sound it makes when your out of CO2) and the bolt goes back in. And every time you re-cock it, it does the same thing. The tank wasn't empty, cuz I used the same one on my Victor II and it was shooting fine. So, how do I fix it? and what's wrong?

Jegger24
01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
What is your operating pressure? It might not be high enough for the marker to recock...

mayonase man
01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
uuuhm, I don't know. But I don't think that's the problem because it was working fine until now. Oh yeah and it was also cold and snowing/freezing rain/raining when it was being used.

vwjimmy
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Serviced it lately? My first thought is that the striker o ring is dry .....

bullet06
01-31-2007, 10:35 AM

x2

i would go through, clean and lube everything

WhatThaSmurf
01-31-2007, 12:54 PM
so now the Imagine has a mechanicle trigger frame. But anyways that's a different story.
Actually, it's not a different story. It might be the cause of your problems. Some sears on mech frames and e-frames are different. If that's the case for you, then the sear isn't catching your Imagine's striker properly, so the stirker isn't being held back.

If that's not your problem, it was probably the cold. Cold weather can drastically drop the pressure that CO2 produces.

mayonase man
01-31-2007, 01:01 PM

Ok, I'm stupid. :p What's a striker and what does it mean to have your gun serviced?

WhatThaSmurf
01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
To have your gun serviced means to, uh, service it. As in cleaning and lubing it. As for the answer to what a striker is, pull out those papers that came with your Imagine, and look at the diagram. Or, if you don't know where those papers are look here (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/spyder_imagine_new.pdf) and find the part marked "JE18A".

mayonase man
01-31-2007, 02:52 PM
pull out those papers that came with your Imagine

haha, I bought a refurbished Imagine. It just came in a pitiful little brown box with the stock barrel, a barrel plug, and a cracked plastic feedneck.

But yeah, I know what a striker is now. so, I found this cleaning kit at ****'s Sporting Goods website called Hoppe's paintball gun cleaning kit. Would this be okay for cleaning my marker?

WhatThaSmurf
01-31-2007, 03:00 PM
A whole cleaning kit is a little unnecessary, but you can get it if you want. People go to many different levels when cleaning their markers.

Hob Hayward
01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
All you really need to clean your marker is paper towels and some PB gun lube. Goldcup is good cheap lube. As Smurf said, a whole cleaning kit is unnecessary.

vwjimmy
01-31-2007, 03:09 PM
OtterSC Customs (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/)
This is a link to everything you ever wanted to know about your Spyder...
There is a section about dis-assemble/cleaning/maintence.....
I doubt the strikers are different, so take it apart and clean it, oil the o rings with a paintball oil (available at Wally World, Richards, etc..) and then test it again.
Knowing these things will also help you with things like knowing 'why' the Imagine was shooting way too hot and what to do about it without tearing both of your markers down....

mayonase man
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
All you really need to clean your marker is paper towels and some PB gun lube. Goldcup is good cheap lube. As Smurf said, a whole cleaning kit is unnecessary.

Well the only reason why I would buy an entire cleaning kit is because Ive got this ****s Sporting Goods card and they're too stupid to just sell the lube by itself. I would just get it from action village.

And the Imagine was shooting too hot because there was like a 20 degrees temperature change at the tourny and I was using CO2. The same thing happened to the other two guys on my team and they weren't even using Spyders.