PDA

View Full Version : what car do you own and mod

bullet06
01-30-2007, 08:58 PM
i know you guys like to mod spyders but is there anyone on here that modds cars as well? i haven't been on this forum sence i bought my car because i'm always on a car forum. i'm resently getting into paintballing again so you should see more of me on here. here's whats on my car.

1992 Honda Prelude Si
H22A engine swap with LSD transmission
ebay intake
BPi velocity stack
K&N filter
Tanabe Racing Medalion exhaust
NGK Iridium spark plugs
short shifter
8.5 pound flywheel
stage 3 clutch
KYB AGX adjustable shocks
Tanabe Sustec Pro springs
Megan Racing front and rear strut bars, rear lower tie bar
slotted and cross-drilled rotors
Axxis Racing brake pads
Optima Red Top battery
Apexi deck
JL speakers
saving for an Accord Euro-R intake manifold and a BDL 70mm throttle body

leed
01-30-2007, 09:09 PM
1999 Tuscany SleekStar Ford E150.

Um.. It's running on a spare..?

LOL. I plan on using as a project vehicle in the future. I'll probably start off with car audio before I do any engine modifications.. Not like I can really modify anything without spending a lot of money, since I don't have access to many tools.

In otherwords, it's got a 5.4L V8 Triton, and it's a Consumer Conversion van built to carry crap, so theres not much I can do. LOL. But if you have any ideas, let me know.

MVS1
01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
I'll see is I can dig up some photos of my 68 396 SS elcamino that was my first car and my dad and I rebuilt together a few years later right before he died. Also have done 92 Chevy 454 SS 1500 pickup, 1988 Mazda RX-7 turbo II and a 1978 18ft. Sleekcraft jetboat with a 454 and tunnel ram. All but the elcamino have gone away.

UKwithPride
01-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I have a 1989 chevy c1500 lowered 5 and 7 with 20 inch centerline rapids and some other stuff like audio.
I'm really wanting to get a civic hatch or keep trying for an integra. I've wanted one for foreverrr. That or a BMW 318ti I'm looking at.

bullet06
01-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a 1989 chevy c1500 lowered 5 and 7 with 20 inch centerline rapids and some other stuff like audio.
I'm really wanting to get a civic hatch or keep trying for an integra. I've wanted one for foreverrr. That or a BMW 318ti I'm looking at.

try to get a civic hatch...i'm tired of seeing alot of integra's everyday

UKwithPride
01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
try to get a civic hatch...i'm tired of seeing alot of integra's everyday
haha, i noticed that when i started getting interested in integras, i started to see alot more of them around.

bullet06
01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
haha, i noticed that when i started getting interested in integras, i started to see alot more of them around.

that's why i bought a prelude. there isn't as many of them and even less that are tuned.

bigred76
01-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Too many rice frying Teggy's out there...

I drive my feet and mod them every 6 months or so with new shoes. :dodgy:

bullet06
01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Too many rice frying Teggy's out there...

x2

i hate riced out cars

bigred76
01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
QFT! Idiots get them thinking they're hot **** and dont know how to clutch so they just move the shift knob... that's right about when their tranny makes a peculiar "bang." :D

bullet06
01-30-2007, 10:34 PM
i personally like the unpainted body kits that will never get painted and the huge aluminum spoilers. oh yeah don't forget that you gain about 5hp per sticker you have on your car:D

UKwithPride
01-30-2007, 11:08 PM
that's why i bought a prelude. there isn't as many of them and even less that are tuned.
lol, there's a prelude that drives around here with a unpainted yellow front and rear body kit, HUGE, along with fenders, no sideskirts, and it has a huge wing on it.

shunut
01-31-2007, 05:28 AM
2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
18" Kruz K10 "Alps"
Custom 2 tone Leather Interior
Altezza Taillights

Stereo:
Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP Headunit
Alpine S-Type 6 3/4" Speakers, replacing front stock speakers
Alpine S-Type 6x9" Speakers, replacing rear stock speakers
Infinity Kappa 50.7cs, Component System, x 2 (4 5 1/4" Speakers, 4 Tweaters, 4 Crossovers)
Infinity Perfect 10 dVQ, x 2
Rockford Fosgate P450.4 amp, Powering the Component Systems
Rockford Fosgate P10002 amp, Powering the subs
Lightning Audio 1.0 Farad Digital Cap

Plans:

Headlights
Bags
Finish the Interior
Maybe a body kit
Paint

timmyshoota
01-31-2007, 06:53 AM
I miss my Teggy. I used to have a 98 LS with a JDM front end, OEM HIDs, authentic Azect front lip, 16in OZ Superleggeras, lowered on H&R Sports. I had just saved up enough to buy some Work Equip03s in gold when my car was stolen. That happened almost a year ago, and they haven't even found the shell yet. I haven't had a car of my own since then, save for 2 months when I had a Civic that I sold for profit. I'm thinking about getting another Integra now, since I'll be moving out at the begining of the year, and won't be in such a hotbed for Honda theft.

TheRedBarron
01-31-2007, 08:19 AM
The only modded car that I have is my Camaro.

1988 Iroc-Z Convertable (1-500, 1-250 with a 350, #62-75 that are dark blue)
Iroc hood without the air slits (also have the hood with the slits but think it looks white trashy)
10" stompers in the rear with some custom Iroc Rims ( I go through tires too fast to list them as an accesory)
Big disc brakes all around
full Flowmaster American Thunder Series
I have the stock 350 in my garage keeping it for low miles, running a Edelbrock Air-Gap 350 (claimed 410 HP I have yet to dyno her)
Interrior has been redone fully back to stock, only with leather instead of vinyl. Grey and black interrior.

Stereo is where things get interesting, the stock head unit houses the controls for my pioneer headunit that sits in the center console. Alpine factory replacments front and rear, 2 10 inch Alpine type R's sit in the convertable storage area (I dont take the top down unless im showing it, in which case the 10's drop into a boxed out spot in the trunk) powered by a Alpine PDX 1000.

So overall she is a nice little car for what little bit I have done to it. It is kind of my ongoing project, keeping it looking stock but making it a mean car.

I need a new top, and she will be seeing new stock paint before winter is out, I just need to find the time to do it.

I also had a hotrod that shall remain un-named because it drives half of the members here crazy that they dont know what it is.

durrell
01-31-2007, 08:32 AM
1999 Nissan Frontier 4x4 King Cab V6
General Grabber AT2 31x10.50-15's
K&N Air Filter

Upgrades at some point (hopefully summer/Christmas):
K&N FIPK
Window Tint 35%(legal limit)
Brush/Grill Guard of some kind with off-road lights
Way down the road probably a 3 inch lift with some 33's

Mr.Deux
01-31-2007, 09:41 AM
I've got two cars

1993 MR2 (stock, sound system)
1987 MR2 (coil overs, working on forced induction now)

xsgmike66x
01-31-2007, 10:13 AM
1973 dodge dart swinger.
Nothing really "modded"
I am going to re-paint it(not positive on color yet) and get a set of rims.
I got some pioneer speakers nothign big tho, everything else is stock for the time being. I want to get a 360 magnum, nd overhaul all the performance aspects but that should come in the future eventually.

Then I own a 1955 chevy 210 four door sedan, right now its main feature is the rust and deflated bald tires...
my plans for this are to totally customize it. I want to chop the top, suiced the rear doors, reverse the hood to open like corvette hoods. bag it and shave it. custom interior maybe 4 buckets. engine I want somethign with 4-500 hp. ill throw some wide tires out back not sure what size rims yet, im thinking something like 18-20" steelie combo with baby moons, kinda go for a modern/classic look. Not sure yet on color...

bullet06
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
lol, there's a prelude that drives around here with a unpainted yellow front and rear body kit, HUGE, along with fenders, no sideskirts, and it has a huge wing on it.

yeah there's one around here that is a base auto model with a rediculous body kit, huge spoiler, huge rims, duel exhaust, painted blue with ugly flames on the side. that's the only one around where i live that has been modded if you could even call it that.

Hoppy11
01-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a '97 civic. Right now the muffler is bad so it sounds like a gay ass ricer. I want a truck so I treat it like one.

When I do have money, I will own a Chevy Silverado with bigger tires.. idk what size, and if it is gas it will have flowmasters coming out the back and if it is desial if will have a chip and a good exhust at the right height so I can blow black smoke into rich ppl's cars. Oh and both will have tint and some sort of stereo and prolly an intake.

UKwithPride
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Here's some pics of my truck with the old wheels on it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/My%20truck/IM000040.jpg
And the old tail lights.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/My%20truck/trucktruck.jpg

I have new tail lights now and new wheels. Right now I currently have 3 20 inch centerline rapid rims, and one 16 inch Ronal on the front left(tires on the truck in those pictures.) And this is the reason why.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/My%20truck/Img530102B8.jpg

Apparently my wheels don't like pot holes while going 55 mph...
This is the result.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/My%20truck/Img53A80000.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/My%20truck/Img5E80030.jpg

305 dollars a rim, and Cal Trans better accept the claim...

Hossy
01-31-2007, 11:27 AM
i just want a car....

that pothole is not good UK!

DFSniper
01-31-2007, 11:53 AM

and even if you find tuned ones, most of em look like crap. ive only seen 2-3 good looking preludes!

as for me, right now its a red 1998 Ford F-150 (youve probably seen pics of it around the forums) its got a cold-air intake, 17" American Racing wheels, 32.5" All-terrain tires (got rid of the 33" Truxxus muds) billet aluminum upper and lower grille, dual black powdercoated glasspacks, camper shell, bull bar (the same kind Ted Nugent has on his zebra-striped Chevy Blazer).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/IMG_6278.jpg

im selling it as soon as we get back to the states and getting me a camaro or mustang

I miss my Teggy.

i miss G's teggy... one of the few japanese cars that i actually liked...

oh, and i envy Barron for his IRoc... hes lucky its a blue convertible, or else i woulda snuck up to his house and taken it for a VERY long test drive :dodgy:

tnballer
01-31-2007, 12:02 PM
whyhave a rice burner get some muscle like me 68 camaro bone stock with 58000 mile on it given to me by ny dad and in a few years it will be passed down to my son i also have 02 jeep rubicon and a07 f350 fx4 so pony up boys

bullet06
01-31-2007, 12:22 PM
whyhave a rice burner get some muscle

because my import is going to be built for the corners not just the straights. big, heavy car + corner = not good

i hope this doesn't turn into a domestic vs import thread

tnballer
01-31-2007, 12:33 PM
horse power e brake does corners just fine american muscle all the way

Hossy
01-31-2007, 12:40 PM
oh, and i envy Barron for his IRoc...

we all envy TRB in one way or another.....

bullet06
01-31-2007, 12:49 PM
american muscle all the way

thats why NASCAR's go in a circle. they can't handle the real corners :D but to each his own. although, i would have to say the ZO6 can definently take the corners.

TheRedBarron
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM
oh, and i envy Barron for his IRoc... hes lucky its a blue convertible, or else i woulda snuck up to his house and taken it for a VERY long test drive :dodgy:

Goodluck getting through the mote with gatorz, the guarddogs, and then the wife.. if you get through all of that there is always the brinks security system and the security cameras, not to mention the keys are in a lockbox inside the house...:rolleyes:

No more debating domestic Vs. Import.

Ace24
01-31-2007, 02:43 PM

I love Prelude's. Always had an itch to mod one.

Right now I drive a 2002 Buick Century Custom with a 210 HP V6. *EWWWW!*

I beat my friend in a Grand Marquios that had a V8 and 220HP though lol.

I personally want to find a Honda Civic CRX, or an older (80's) Firebird or Trans Am. Maybe even an 80's Camaro. (Don't really like the 80's Mustangs, but I will settle for one of those too.) My dream car was sold to a Japenese street racer by my uncle. Anyone ever heard of the Mitsubishi Starion Turbo? (The Japanese pony car for imported turbo charged sports cars? Mitsubishi's solution to the ledgendary AE-86 (1986 Toyota Corola)? Anywho... it made me cry to see it go)

thechubbss12
02-01-2007, 04:13 AM
Heh....

Everyone mods Honda.... but its always the same old cars... they never branch out... So i did...

1991 Honda Accord Dx (4dr with the F22a engine)
Hondata S300 ECU W/ Compatible Laptop mounted in my car (monitors everything)
AEM Short Ram Air Intake
New Stock (=() Pistons and Sleeves
Bored and Polished head
Yokohama AVIDAs on stock rims (ROFL light the tire the faster it turn LOL....)

More to Come...
AEM Power thru Pulleys...
Some brand of Supercharger (Undecieded..... Superd due to SOHC and have as low a RPM range as a Domestic vehicle FTL)
XTD Clutch and Flywheel
Brembo Brake Calipers and Rotars
Kumho ECSTAs on some 16-17" rims....

chubb0rz
02-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Not enough trucks in here :)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport

So far I have only added fog lights, auto dimming mirror and nerf bars. I'm working on the interior sound before I do the engine upgrades. The sport is the model with the lowest amount of features so I have alot of upgrading/moding to do :cool:

Stuff to come:
Lots of dynamat
4 Polk Component sets
Maybe a new deck but my Pioneer is fine for now.
K&N or AEM Intake
Flowmaster 40s
Throttle Body ...not sure which yet
Removing clutch fan
16" Rims for 265/75/16 Tires
and then a tuner so I can tweak it

*EM1-Master*
02-01-2007, 09:50 AM
whyhave a rice burner get some muscle like me 68 camaro bone stock with 58000 mile on it given to me by ny dad and in a few years it will be passed down to my son i also have 02 jeep rubicon and a07 f350 fx4 so pony up boys
Holy punctuation, Batman!

Hoppy11
02-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I also didn't choose to buy my civic. It was given to me by my dad because we got a good deal on it, it had low miles for a civic, they are quality cars and they get good ass gas milage. Its not that I really want to drive the car, although I do like it.

bullet06
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Heh....

Everyone mods Honda.... but its always the same old cars... they never branch out... So i did...

1991 Honda Accord Dx (4dr with the F22a engine)
Hondata S300 ECU W/ Compatible Laptop mounted in my car (monitors everything)
AEM Short Ram Air Intake
New Stock (=() Pistons and Sleeves
Bored and Polished head
Yokohama AVIDAs on stock rims (ROFL light the tire the faster it turn LOL....)

More to Come...
AEM Power thru Pulleys...
Some brand of Supercharger (Undecieded..... Superd due to SOHC and have as low a RPM range as a Domestic vehicle FTL)
XTD Clutch and Flywheel
Brembo Brake Calipers and Rotars
Kumho ECSTAs on some 16-17" rims....

i plan to run hondata as well, just after i have all of the bolt on's done with. i plan to stay N/A which is why i went with the H22. if i was going to run boost i would probably get an F22 like you are doing.

leed
02-01-2007, 12:08 PM
You know, it's kind of funny, how everyone hates on ricers. But the thing is, the real ricers (the import cars that are tuned by asians who know what they're doing) can out do a lot of cars. It's the Americans that try to tune their cars by throwing loud and shiny things on their import cars that should be bashed. So theoretically speaking, you should be saying Fat Cars suck. (Fat, because America has the reputation of being obese and eating lots of fat, just like Asia has the reputation of eating rice). Or maybe you should call them hamburgers.

thechubbss12
02-01-2007, 12:17 PM
i plan to run hondata as well, just after i have all of the bolt on's done with. i plan to stay N/A which is why i went with the H22. if i was going to run boost i would probably get an F22 like you are doing.

Yea... i wouldnt go with the F22a if i realy wanted some horses... Im only doing this project because no one plays around with single cams unless its an american V8, but the only reason they do it is because they have no other choice... Since no car company in america has realised the benifit of using Dual cams instead of one to operate the valve....

I have alot more in mind for my car... just as of right now the funds are being diverted elseware.... I dunno the max i am prob going to be able to pull out of this Non VTEC SOHC F22a Engine is someware around the 300 range... So im not looking to destroy anyone just try and keep up alittle better.....

durrell
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
You know, it's kind of funny, how everyone hates on ricers. But the thing is, the real ricers (the import cars that are tuned by asians who know what they're doing) can out do a lot of cars. It's the Americans that try to tune their cars by throwing loud and shiny things on their import cars that should be bashed. So theoretically speaking, you should be saying Fat Cars suck. (Fat, because America has the reputation of being obese and eating lots of fat, just like Asia has the reputation of eating rice). Or maybe you should call them hamburgers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Durrell12/Forum%20Pictures/waitwhat.jpg

UKwithPride
02-01-2007, 12:47 PM
It's ok leed, I know how you feel... :dodgy:

DFSniper
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
wait, are you telling me that Asian cars that are all show, no go arent ricers? i always thought it was about what continent the car came from, not the country of birth of the driver... that would mean that a 67 Camaro SS in Europe wouldnt be considered American Muscle, according to your logic...

bullet06
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM

just for your information i have never heard of the asian tunners being refered as "ricers". i always thought that the term "ricer" was given to the american ppl that make there import look fast with out them being fast.

bullet06
02-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Yea... i wouldnt go with the F22a if i realy wanted some horses... Im only doing this project because no one plays around with single cams unless its an american V8, but the only reason they do it is because they have no other choice... Since no car company in america has realised the benifit of using Dual cams instead of one to operate the valve....

I have alot more in mind for my car... just as of right now the funds are being diverted elseware.... I dunno the max i am prob going to be able to pull out of this Non VTEC SOHC F22a Engine is someware around the 300 range... So im not looking to destroy anyone just try and keep up alittle better.....

yeah my goal is about 250whp, all N/A, on pump gas.

as far as 2 cams of 1 it's all up to what you want out of the car. i was into the 240sx before i bought my prelude and i quess some ppl would only turbo the single cam because it gave better lower end torque.

leed
02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
wait, are you telling me that Asian cars that are all show, no go arent ricers? i always thought it was about what continent the car came from, not the country of birth of the driver... that would mean that a 67 Camaro SS in Europe wouldnt be considered American Muscle, according to your logic...

No, I mean Ricer is derogatory term towards import cars. Originally, people made fun of Import tuners because of who made them (company wise) and who worked on them (origin of the driver). Now, any car that comes from Asia is considered a ricer, along side of ugly appearance add ons such as stickers, useless spoilers, unpainted body kits, and fartcans.

What I'm saying, is a 67 Camaro with a 4 banger engine swap because the original engine was crapped out in Europe and is in the hands of someone who has no true heart for cars, is not american muscle.

Get it?

EDIT:
I didn't feel like making a new post. My point is that Ricers used to relate to any import car, now it relates to just the crappy works that americans have done to asian cars.

WhatThaSmurf
02-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't know who educates you boys, but around my parts a ricer is the street racing world's version of a wanna-be. Someone who slaps a bunch of loud, ugly upgrades onto a car in hope that they will intimidate someone.

But anyways, to answer the question originally posed, I have helped my friend do a lot of work on his car. It's a super-charged 1992 5.0 V-8 Ford Mustang GT/Police Interceptor. It is a monster! I helped him install the s/c, the guages, and some interior stuff. This thing tears up everything that challenges it. He currently working on a seperate engine that he will be able to drop right in without the hassle of not having a car to drive for more than a couple of days. I honestly don't see why he needs more power, but I don't see why not.

bullet06
02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Someone who slaps a bunch of loud, ugly upgrades onto a car in hope that they will intimidate someone.

thats kinda what i was trying to say

colonel_moo
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
leed, a ricer isnt just any import car. a twin turbo'd 1000hp skyline is not a ricer. a ricer is a car that has cosmetic mods up the wazoo but no performance mods...

Halucin8
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
1974 Jeep CJ5. she is stock with a dana 44 rear and dana 30 front. 2-3 inch suspension lift coming 33" mud tires and fiberglass body lime green with black racing stripes like the old cuda's from the early 70's had over the hood and right down the tailgate. keep the fast cars and call me when your in the ditch i will pull ya out. no questions asked

chubb0rz
02-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Yea I used to think a ricer was just import cars people would throw stupid walmart type upgrades on. But now it seems that ricer's have expanded to domestic cars as well, its sad but oh well. Some people like all show and no go :p

Mormon
02-01-2007, 08:39 PM
1995 Honda Prelude SE
AEM Cold air intake
Pacesetter Header
Apexi N1 muffler with 2.25 exhaust
Ported Head with 5 angle intake and exhaust grind
17" Enkei CBR9s
Runs a 15.9 in the 1/4 lol
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/preludeh23a1/PICT0098.jpg

Picked up a new project
1993 Civic Hatch
Looking to swap for a d16z6 transmission and turbo the d15
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/preludeh23a1/thehatch002.jpg

DFSniper
02-01-2007, 08:54 PM
1974 Jeep CJ5. she is stock with a dana 44 rear and dana 30 front. 2-3 inch suspension lift coming 33" mud tires and fiberglass body lime green with black racing stripes like the old cuda's from the early 70's had over the hood and right down the tailgate. keep the fast cars and call me when your in the ditch i will pull ya out. no questions asked
man, a 2002 wrangler with a 44 rear and 30 front was the first car i ever enjoyed driving..but we sold it because it wasnt any good for driving on the autobahns...

Voodoo
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
1994 dodge 4x4
engine cage, bilstein bypass shocks, national springs, cam, pistons, heads ect, ect, ect....

2005 dodge srt 10
lowered for now but i am putting a 200 shot on it and should be here next week :p

thechubbss12
02-02-2007, 04:07 AM
yeah my goal is about 250whp, all N/A, on pump gas.

as far as 2 cams of 1 it's all up to what you want out of the car. i was into the 240sx before i bought my prelude and i quess some ppl would only turbo the single cam because it gave better lower end torque.

Achevieing that on your prelude should be no issues with a few upgrades.... Since the F20C (s2000 engine) is pushing 250 horses stock (N/A BTW)

timmyshoota
02-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Achevieing that on your prelude should be no issues with a few upgrades.... Since the F20C (s2000 engine) is pushing 250 horses stock (N/A BTW)

But you're talking two different motors there. 250hp NA is not easy to achieve on a Honda, aside from an S2000 and the K20. You're talking some serious cash to get 250 out of an H22. They only put down ~170 to the wheels, so you're talking about gaining 80hp. Small displacement motors don't gain horsepower that easily.

bullet06
02-02-2007, 11:04 AM
But you're talking two different motors there. 250hp NA is not easy to achieve on a Honda, aside from an S2000 and the K20. You're talking some serious cash to get 250 out of an H22. They only put down ~170 to the wheels, so you're talking about gaining 80hp. Small displacement motors don't gain horsepower that easily.

just to let you know the F20C is based off of the H22A. it has the same bore but is destroked, and has a completely different head. F and H series also have alot of interchangable parts. and yes it will take alot of money to build the H22 the way i want it. the RMF header i want costs $800+ and the Jun cams i want aren't cheap ether.