PDA

View Full Version : Electra Problems

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Umm.. i have a Spyder Electra 05 ACS, all stock...

Heres the problem.... TONS of paint have been exploding in the barrel. And if they don't explode they fly all over the place. I am shooting at about 283 velocity...

If you can help in any way.... Thanks

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 02:46 PM
your velocity seems okay. the problem could be due bad paint to barrel match. if the paint is too big for the barrel, when its forced through it pops. what kind of paint are you using? a way to check if your paint to barrel match is okay is to unscrew your barrel and drop a paintball into it, then try blowing it out the other end with your mouth. if the paintball just rolls out with no blowing, its too small and all that will happen is the paint will take more air to propel and it will lose accuracy. but if the paintball doesnt move when you blow then it will cause barrel breaks (popped paint in the barrel). also check to see if the broken paint gets in just the barrel or in the body too by the feedneck. if it breaks in the reciever then your getting chops.

Edit: how many times have you shot your gun, and have you broken in the Anti Chop Bolt? if not, you can do this by pulling the bolt out and pumping it 1000 times or so. you can do this while you watch tv or something.

hope that helps, if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask.

Drummer

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
The paint that I am using is Nightmare piantballs. (Made my Diablo)

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I have shot my Gun lots of times.. Arround 3000 paintballs or more a lot more

I just droped a painball through the barrel....It went right through without me forcing it down or blowing it down...

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
the paint your using is good and from what i can tell your paint to barrel match seems okay (but doing a check yourself couldn't hurt). how fast are you shooting (estimate if you dont have a chrono) and do you have an electric hopper. because its possible that you are outshooting your hopper.

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I would say I am shooting arround 20 Bps and I have a Halo B Belt-Drive

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
=also check to see if the broken paint gets in just the barrel or in the body too by the feedneck. if it breaks in the reciever then your getting chops.

The Feedneck is also getting filled with paint. I have tried shooting the gun with 3 paintballs in the feedneck with no hopper and when i shoot it one paintball the ball ot the top wiill fly out, Or when I put my hand over feedneck so the paint wont fly out the one on the top will fly up and hit my hand... It flys up so fast/hard it hits my hand and will give me a small welt...

When i didn't have an elecronic hopper the almost 25% of the paint in the hopper would be broken the hopper was a mess

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
are you using co2 and is it noticably colder or warmer than room temp where you are shooting? with co2, the pressure that the gun fires at will be inconsistent on top of the fact that the electra '05 doesnt have a regulator so a high pressure of air inside the gun can cause that popcorning thats happening in your feedneck.

and i would also recommend breaking in your bolt by hand to weaken the spring inside it enough to compress when it hits a ball without popping it.

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I am shooting Co2 20 and 24oz.. I mostly shoot in my backyard

When you say breaking in do you mean puling back the bolt shooting it... so on so on?

Could it be the temperature in my area right now..Latley its been around 30 degrees F

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
i guess it sounds to me like your bolt is chopping paint since you are shooting so fast. recommendation, break in your bolt by hand at least 1000 pumps, and try it then, if the problem persists, shoot slower, buy a new board that supports anti chop eyes and drill your marker to allow the eyes (stops chops in their tracks) or worst case scenario and best depending on how you look at it - buy a new gun with eyes that can keep up with your rate of fire with ease, like an ion :bawling:

Edit: oh, sorry i didnt explain the bolt thing very much. what i mean by breaking it in is to remove it from your gun completely and push both ends of it together thereby (is thereby a real word, i wasnt sure) compressing the spring inside the Bolt. if you dont know how to take the bolt out just tell me and i will walk you through removing it. its really easy/simple/and fast.

jr1992
01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
i shot mine in 30degree weather. it didnt chop at all. but it could be the paint not bein able to cope with the weather..

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 03:40 PM
i guess it sounds to me like your bolt is chopping paint since you are shooting so fast. recommendation, break in your bolt by hand at least 1000 pumps, and try it then, if the problem persists, shoot slower, buy a new board that supports anti chop eyes and drill your marker to allow the eyes (stops chops in their tracks) or worst case scenario and best depending on how you look at it - buy a new gun with eyes that can keep up with your rate of fire with ease, like an ion :bawling:

Edit: oh, sorry i didnt explain the bolt thing very much. what i mean by breaking it in is to remove it from your gun completely and push both ends of it together thereby (is thereby a real word, i wasnt sure) compressing the spring inside the Bolt. if you dont know how to take the bolt out just tell me and i will walk you through removing it. its really easy/simple/and fast.

try that

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
if you dont know how to take the bolt out just tell me and i will walk you through removing it. its really easy/simple/and fast.

I know how to take the bolt out

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
ok, tell us how it works once you do that. :)

xSoulsx
01-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Thank you for all your help!!!

invisibledrummer
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
no problem thats what the forums are here for.

o sorry forgot to say welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the Forums by the way. I hope your experience here has been as great as mine.

Oscum Guy
01-31-2007, 03:51 PM
You should really try hpa, it fixed my problems.

btw how cold is it over there. temp affects co2.

xSoulsx
02-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I just get a WGP HPA/compressed air tank. I got it today. I have not filled it up yet cuase the paintball place was not open......I shot my gun today with Co2 (at 26 degrees F) I didn't even shoot 5 paintballs before it choped...

invisibledrummer
02-05-2007, 06:35 AM
was the chopping in the barrel or the breach, if in the barrel: the paint to barrel match wasnt right like i said earlier if it was in the breach then it was probably just due to the gun having no eyes. the acs bolt can only work to a certain extent. try the hpa when you get a chance, it probably wont help fix the chopping but you will see an increase in accuracy and there wont be any velocity spikes and my personal favorite thing about an hpa tank is that when i get it filled at my cold indoor field i can hold it to warm up (if you didnt know it fills hot instead of cold) :yay:

xSoulsx
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
They mostly explode in the feed neck

tygger91
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Whats happening is the Paintballs are being shot back up the feedneck by the leftover air pressure of the fire. Sometimes, this could be so strong it will literally break the paintballs and make a mess all inside the hopper.

Chopping is not the problem. I do not know what causes this but I am pretty sure someone here does. I read it in a post somewhere, I go look form and give you a heads up if i find it.

xSoulsx
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Yea.. Thats whats happening cause when I put only 3 paintballs in the neck the one at the top will shoot up and hit my hand...

Spr4YnPr4Y
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Can I leave the bolt cocked instead of compressing it a few hundred times to break in the bolt?

invisibledrummer
02-08-2007, 07:21 AM
my guess is no since the anti chop spring isnt being compressed unless something pushes against it. so the only time its ever going to be compressed is when it hits a paintball that is about to chop. just remove the bolt and compress it over and over again while you watch tv or something.

Spr4YnPr4Y
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Should I compress it all the way? or just pushing down on the metal part at the end of the spring?

Hob Hayward
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
You can compress it all the way and put something in it so it won't decompress and leave if for at the longest, a day.

I am almost positive your issue at the moment is that you're using an ACS bolt in cold weather. If you have access to another bolt that is not an ACS, or has o-rings on it, try that before anything else. I had the same EXACT problem when using my ACS bolt in the winter, random chops would occur after firing a few shots. My theory is that combined with the cold weather and even colder co2- the delrin on the ACS bolt is able to shrink a slight ammount- because the ACS is already smaller in the breach than is desirable. The issue with this is that you get the crazy air flows that go all over the place and are capable of popping a ball in the breach just from the airflow, sounds unlikely, but its the only explanation I have for it, and I know that the issue of having too small a bolt WILL cause random chops, whether or not you're firing fast or anything.

I'd definitely suggest picking up a replacement delrin bolt from www.alamocitypb.com.

Good luck :).

Spr4YnPr4Y
02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Im not having breaking problems, I read about alot of people having chopping problems with the ACS bolt & I heard from friends that have chopping problems for no reason. So I decided, why not spend an hour breaking it in and reduce chops.

xSoulsx
02-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I just tried my compress Air system and it worked PERFECTLY not one paintball exploded! It was DEAD ON acurate none went fly all over the place!

Thanks to all who helped me!

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Thats good.

Keep it that way and then you wont get frustrated with it. :p