PDA

View Full Version : bolt question

newkid
01-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I can't take the bolt out of my sonix because the cocking knob is in the way and I can't get it out, and yes it is the new style. any suggestions would be appreciated.

wbpaintball
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Okay, first you have to remove the disconnect pin from the marker. Then, as you remove the larger pin hold the back in place because there is a spring in there and the spring tension will shoot the internals out of the back of the marker. Slide everything out of the marker and you spyer has been disassembled. Dont be surprised if you see some wear and tear on the bolt when you take it out, no need to worry, it will not effect the performance of the marker.

To reassemble the marker, connect the striker to the bolt and slide that back into the marker. On basically all Spyder markers you push them in and youll notice that they will stop. WHat it is is that the striker is getting caught on the sear. Once you get the internals in, aply some pressure and press the trigger one time and they will slide in. This is on al of the electonic and non-electron is Spyders. Then put the striker buffer [black ring] behind the striker. Most people put it in front of the striker which will decrease the velocity and cause recocking problems so dont do that.Next insert the spring and spring guide after the buffer and hold everything in. Finally insert the disconnect pin back into the marker and you spyder is reassembled

matrox46
02-13-2007, 06:30 AM
To remove the top cocking knob Ttere is a screw on the back of the bolt just unscrew it counterclockwise a couple of turns and it should come out after you take out the quick disc pin you will have to cock the bolt remove the knob then push something down the barrel to remove the bolt i use a barrel swab to do this. then to put back together just reverse the process you will have to pull the trigger twice to get bolt back in.

Hope this helps

newkid
02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
thanx

newkid
02-14-2007, 06:26 PM
To remove the top cocking knob Ttere is a screw on the back of the bolt just unscrew it counterclockwise a couple of turns and it should come out

I couldn't unscrew it

pb34
02-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm not positive but I believe the sonix is top cocking like a pilot. On the pilot to remove the knob you just have to pull reallly hard. If you can't do it with your hands you can get a pair of pliers.

newkid
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
how do i get it back in?

Backmanshooter
02-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Same way it came out..except opposite. Push it back in.