PDA

View Full Version : No block spyder pump!

QAZ123
01-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Millenium body spyder pump! (http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?showtopic=11909&st=0&#entry2524778)
http://www.pettypb.com/mlump/mlump1.jpg
http://www.pettypb.com/mlump/mlump4.jpg
More pic's and info at the link!

I like it! It could use some touching up with better part's but otherwise me likey!

JB.

DRAGON
01-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Interesting but what opens the valve dwell? I mean the bolt needs to be pulled back which pulls the striker back to engauge the sear. The bolt then needs to be pushed forward to chamber the ball and at the same time disengauge the striker. Once the trigger is pulled the sear disengauges the striker. It should thrust forward to hit the valve pin to open it for a short duration. Unless the pump/bolt is pulled back immediately, the spring tension of the striker will keep it forward and let pressure escape from the valve. I don't get it - :confused:

QAZ123
01-19-2006, 05:45 AM
I copied and pasted your question's on scp maybe they will get answered cause I have no clue I just thought it looked pretty!

JB.

tigerdave714
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
I knew a few people were working on these over at SCP. This is the first one Ive seen completed though. Its a shame he had to hack up the BLM body (those are my favorite Spyder bodies) but it does look promising. I would have used a newer body like a Compact or a Victor, and installed a 12gram changer instead... but still, I can't knock the style and work that went into this one. Nicely done.

(Maybe if we get enough of these out there, Kingman will start making pumps again... or at least re-release the Hammer)

phatphil
01-19-2006, 12:44 PM
That looks sweet sans the green va.

Sgt Wolverine
02-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I just finished modding my Compact to a pump. The force of the main spring thrusts the striker into the valve pin, but there is not enough force from the spring to keep the striker pushing the valve pin. So it only opens briefly. I went a little further than most with my valve though, Instead of building a new pin without a flat spot I machined a slot in the front of the valve to hold an "o" ring then machined the stock valve pin completely round. I also did the otter low pressure valve mod to keep more air moving to the bolt. With the "o" ring and the valve mod I have absolutely no movement of the striker when the marker is fired.

adrianm1188
02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
sick!!!

have you shot it yet?

ethan82000
02-23-2006, 09:15 AM
hey guys,
imo. i dont think the bolt and striker are conected. the striker has a cocking nob on the side of the bottom tube and it will fire whenever the trigger is pulled whether there is a paintball in the chamber or not. then the pump is just to chamber the ball. it doesnt look that complicated to make.:D
Ethan

Sgt Wolverine
02-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Well, the way I've made mine the striker is still connected to the bolt with the original pin, however, I cut the pin hole in the striker so the bolt can be moved forward while the striker is engaged on the sear. By not cutting the rear of the striker when the bolt is cocked back to feed a ball the bolt pin pushes the striker back to engage the sear. So it basicly works like any standard pump. By the mod I did to the valve, no air gets to the striker to recock it like it would if it were still semi auto.

It works great.

leed
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Interesting but what opens the valve dwell? I mean the bolt needs to be pulled back which pulls the striker back to engauge the sear. The bolt then needs to be pushed forward to chamber the ball and at the same time disengauge the striker. Once the trigger is pulled the sear disengauges the striker. It should thrust forward to hit the valve pin to open it for a short duration. Unless the pump/bolt is pulled back immediately, the spring tension of the striker will keep it forward and let pressure escape from the valve. I don't get it - :confused:

I realize this is VERY old, but theres a pin/screw sticking up from the striker that catches the back of the bolt when you pull the pumparm back. That's basically how it works. It's the same idea of cutting the slot in the striker, except much less work.

Sgt Wolverine
03-01-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.mnmilitia.com/albums/My-Markers/spyder_pump_005.sized.jpg

http://www.mnmilitia.com/albums/My-Markers/spyder_pump_003.sized.jpg

http://www.mnmilitia.com/albums/My-Markers/spyder_pump_002_copy.sized.jpg

leed
03-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Looks very clean. except for the pump. It doesn't look so good with that PGP pump grip.

Sgt Wolverine
03-04-2006, 04:29 AM
It's actually a Kp3 pump grip, slightly different.

Recon by Fire
03-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't like the double trigger on a pump though. I have a blade type on my Chipley S-5 too :(

~shocktheman~
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I think the blue macroline gives it the power to do 10bps no sweat.....hence the revvy:dodgy:

The Magician
03-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Unless i'm mistaken i think the striker acts as it should and recocks itself. Either that or they used a modified valve pin and spring. As for the second gun, it looks weird and it looks hard to pump.

TM

tigerdave714
03-23-2006, 03:25 AM
I think the blue macroline gives it the power to do 10bps no sweat.....hence the revvy:dodgy:

Don't knock the use of a Revvy on a pump marker! I've used several different hoppers on my Sniper and on other direct-feed pump guns. When you're really rocking its easy to either outshoot or jam a gravity-fed hopper. I just wish they made a motorized 40rnd.

The Magician
03-23-2006, 06:55 AM
I just wish they made a motorized 40rnd.
I feel your pain, it's hard to hold off in a firefight with a pump against semis but it's even harder if your hopper keeps jamming. The man who starts mass producing 40 or 50rd agitation hoppers will be my hero.

TM

QAZ123
03-23-2006, 07:03 AM
40 or 50rd agitation hoppers

It's in the work's.

JB.

The Magician
03-23-2006, 07:28 AM
It's in the work's.

JB.
Hallelujah it's a miracle. When they comming out?

TM

QAZ123
03-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Dunno I just remember CrashSTP saying "it's in the work's" and he alway's has the inside scoop.

JB.

The Magician
03-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Dangit! Now i'll have to catch him on AIM and bug him until he tells me.

TM