PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Question.

badlandsrox
01-29-2007, 09:14 PM
So i bought a pioneer car stereo yesterday, and tried installing it today, and i had it working perfectly good and everything, but then i un hooked it, cuz the faceplate was the wrong one, so i switched it, and now it doesnt work (btw, the faceplate isnt a workin part of it, its so it fits into the hole cuz its too small... Dragon has the same problem... :p) So anyone have any idea on what might have happened?

shunut
01-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Have you checked all your connections and your fuses?

badlandsrox
01-30-2007, 08:15 AM
yes

shunut
01-30-2007, 08:26 AM
and all you did was change the mounting? you didn't mess with any of the wiring? Go through check your wires again, make sure you have a good ground. What model did you get? I have the Priemer DEH-P780MP. If its not powering up at all it has to be either your power source or your ground. Did you use a wiring harness to wire this or did you splice into the stock car wires?

Hoppy11
01-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah.. I would check your ground. But I agree with Josh that nothing should have happened when you changed the mounting. I would still double and triple check all the wires and make sure they are connected correctly.

leed
01-30-2007, 01:17 PM
He said he unhooked it when he took the faceplate off.

Best thing you should try for now, is unhooking everything again, and putting it back together. Step by step, paying attention to every little detail.

badlandsrox
01-30-2007, 02:31 PM
i got it fixed... just tok it into futureshop, and returned it and got a new one of the same kind, i think it was a broken one in the first place, cuz all that was in the package was it, and those caardoard things so it doesnt roll around in the package, but we got it exchanged, and now the new one works. btw its a pioneer 3900mp

shunut
01-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Cool, glad you got it working. Maybe I'll finish my system some day and get pictures up. I have everything installed, just need to fix a couple of the mounts.