PDA

View Full Version : Research paper

yod3r
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
ok well since i can't get paintball off of my mind i figured i do a research paper over it. Do you guys no any good sights on how paintball guns have evolved over time and i also need info on goggle saftey cuz im writing an arughment paper over how its safer than people make it out to be. I figured if anyone new it would be you guys. Il appreciate anything!

WhatThaSmurf
01-29-2007, 05:58 PM
If I was at school I could help, I have loads of information saved on their server for a report of my own. Maybe if you still need it tomorrow.

yod3r
01-29-2007, 06:02 PM
ya it would be awsome if you could give me some of the sights for the info and its alright if its tomaro i hav a while till the deadlines done for the info

WhatThaSmurf
01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Alright, I'll get on at school and give you the links.

yod3r
01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
alright thanx

El Duche
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
here:

In 1970, Daisy Manufacturing’s James Hale invented and patented the first paintball gun. It was intended to be used by farmers and ranchers to mark livestock and trees.
In May of 1981, in New Hampshire, three people created what would become the sport of paintball. They were sporting goods retailer named Bob Gurnsey, a stockbroker named Hayes Noel, and a writer named Charles Gains.
On June 27, 1981, the first game was played with 12 players using Nel-spot 007s. The game format was capture the flag. The winner captured all flags with not a single shot fired. This was possible in that the team that won used stealth and wanted to avoid a firefight while the other team was looking for a group that was rushing the area when actually they were sneaking around behind then snatching the flag and making it back to safety with the opponents being none the wiser.
In 1982, Caleb Strong opened the first outdoor playing field in Rochester, New York. Charles Gains marketed paintball as the National Survival Game. PMI or Pursuit Marketing Incorporated was founded to distribute and market paintball products.
In 1983 the first National Survival Game National Championships were held with a $14,000 purse. The first outdoor paintball fields opened in Toronto, Canada.
In 1984 under the name Skirmish games paintball started in Australia. In November of that year Caleb Strong opened the first indoor field in Buffalo, New York.
In 1985 England opened its first outdoor playing field.
In 1988 a non-profit association was founded dedicated to the education, growth, and safety of the sport of paintball under the name of the IPPA standing for the International Paintball Players Association.
In 1991 paintball spread to the countries of France, Denmark, and other European countries.
In 1992-1993 the NPPL or National Professional Paintball League was founded along with the NPPL Pro-Am series in sites around the United States.
In 1996 paintball had spread to almost every corner of the globe except for Antarctica, some European countries, some Asian countries, some South American countries, and some Pacific Islands. In the places paintball spread to you could find stores, fields, and tournaments.

I got that from a report that I did on it on aerodynamic principles and how they affect the operation of the stacked tube open bolt blowback marker. the teacher wanted a history of the sport.

yod3r
01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
here:

In 1970, Daisy Manufacturing’s James Hale invented and patented the first paintball gun. It was intended to be used by farmers and ranchers to mark livestock and trees.
In May of 1981, in New Hampshire, three people created what would become the sport of paintball. They were sporting goods retailer named Bob Gurnsey, a stockbroker named Hayes Noel, and a writer named Charles Gains.
On June 27, 1981, the first game was played with 12 players using Nel-spot 007s. The game format was capture the flag. The winner captured all flags with not a single shot fired. This was possible in that the team that won used stealth and wanted to avoid a firefight while the other team was looking for a group that was rushing the area when actually they were sneaking around behind then snatching the flag and making it back to safety with the opponents being none the wiser.
In 1982, Caleb Strong opened the first outdoor playing field in Rochester, New York. Charles Gains marketed paintball as the National Survival Game. PMI or Pursuit Marketing Incorporated was founded to distribute and market paintball products.
In 1983 the first National Survival Game National Championships were held with a $14,000 purse. The first outdoor paintball fields opened in Toronto, Canada.
In 1984 under the name Skirmish games paintball started in Australia. In November of that year Caleb Strong opened the first indoor field in Buffalo, New York.
In 1985 England opened its first outdoor playing field.
In 1988 a non-profit association was founded dedicated to the education, growth, and safety of the sport of paintball under the name of the IPPA standing for the International Paintball Players Association.
In 1991 paintball spread to the countries of France, Denmark, and other European countries.
In 1992-1993 the NPPL or National Professional Paintball League was founded along with the NPPL Pro-Am series in sites around the United States.
In 1996 paintball had spread to almost every corner of the globe except for Antarctica, some European countries, some Asian countries, some South American countries, and some Pacific Islands. In the places paintball spread to you could find stores, fields, and tournaments.

I got that from a report that I did on it on aerodynamic principles and how they affect the operation of the stacked tube open bolt blowback marker. the teacher wanted a history of the sport.

thx for that but i hope u didnt go through a ton of work to find that cuz i already have all that down for my 1st research paper. What im doin is pretty much 3 research papers and iv already done the history of paintball one. Still thanx for the info tho i might b able to use some of it

leed
01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Do your own homework!

:p

TheRedBarron
01-30-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.ody.ca/~cwells/history.htm Evolution of paintball

WhatThaSmurf
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
The web server was down at school, but I managed to print out some stuff I had saved. Let's see what I got on the evolution of markers.

The original was the Nelspot707, developed by Nelson and Crossman Air Guns, sales failed.
Daisy Air Guns ask to make Nelspot 007. It had no removable barrel and the paint tubes were threaded and made of aluminum. The pellet stop (anti-double feed) was made of plastic and broke often.
Nelson had the aluminum tubes replaced with plastic ones that did not require threading to stay in. A removable barrel sleeve was added for barrel extensions. The plastic stop was replaced by a screw post.
In 1981 twelve friends played a game of capture the flag on 100 acres, nobody was eliminated. Those twelve bought more 007s and marketed them for recreational use. They also asked Nelson Paint for a less permanent, water-based fill.
Yada yada yada, stuff El Duche said.
1985 - National Survival Games markets the first marker specifically for recreational use, the Splatmaster. It was one solid piece of plastic.
In the late 80s, Tippmann Pneumatics (formerly Tippmann Arms, a weapons replica producer for battle reenactments) releases the first semi-automatic marker, the SMG60. It was the first marker to feature constant air and blowback. It failed because it required .60 caliber pellets.
Tippmann then produced the 68 Special, complete with a new loading system consisting of 40 round hoppers, leading to longer fire fights and more money for paint companies and paintball fields.
To compete with Tippmann, Nelson released the 007 Challenger and the Precision in 1990. The 007 Challenger was basically a 007 with an upgrade kit with direct feed, upgradable barrels, smoother pumps, and a quick change 12 gram system. The Precision never fared well and less expensive after market kits forced the discontinuation of the Challenger kit.
In 1995, Smart Parts marketed the Shocker, the first electro-pneumatic marker.

Well, that's about it for the evolution of paintball. Of course Kingman was in there, but they made no great "firsts" as far as my research showed. If you need more, use Google.

xtraking
01-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Make sure your sites that you find are scholary websites... or you will get screwd over. Unless your english department is not that strict. Our research papers have to be published by respectable authors/professors.

yod3r
01-30-2007, 05:06 PM
haha leed y would i wanna do that, its so much easier this way and for the rest of the info thanx so much, i was sick all last night and all day today so bad that i didnt go to school so i really needed this head start on the evolution of paintball guns thanx again

El Duche
01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
thx for that but i hope u didnt go through a ton of work to find that cuz i already have all that down for my 1st research paper. What im doin is pretty much 3 research papers and iv already done the history of paintball one. Still thanx for the info tho i might b able to use some of it
copy and paste FTW

yod3r
01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
haha nice

yod3r
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
ok now im doin an arughment paper on how paintball is safer than people make it out to be. Do you guys have any info. on that

WhatThaSmurf
02-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Paintball actually has the lowest serious injury rate of any sport today, even bowling. At the current rate of serious injuries, a player would average one every 500 years. Fact.

Most injuries come from unsupervised, and often illegal, game play.

vikingshadow
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Do a google search for National Insurance Commission's Paintball Statistics and get the stats for it. I'd do it for you, but I'm tired right now!