PDA

View Full Version : hey nitro, that apex barrel a good combo?

PandaTruenoGTS
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Seen alot of those and videos too, I bet thats a wicked evil rig. I got a 20" J&J on mine, plan to take a few pics soon. Yeah ok I know 20" is a lil more than really needed, but I wanted to carry on the agressive looks and maybe leave a lil room for a rap4 nade launcher later on (heh)

Recon by Fire
01-19-2006, 03:04 AM
Do NOT buy an Apex, trust me!

nitrobassboats
01-19-2006, 01:35 PM
seems some people either dont like the apex or they love it
me
i love ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

jarhead3241
01-19-2006, 03:08 PM
i didnt think it was so cool or good

*EL-Mago*
10-23-2007, 02:31 AM
I was just wondering whats all this hate or non-hate towards the Apex? I hear alot of great things and some bad on these forums. I personaly do have the Apex now for my primary set-up. Is it just that most of the people that dont like the apex cant afford it or should I say there folks wont get it for em or what?

vikingshadow
10-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Most of the hate comes from the fact that it's a cheater barrel. When you can shoot around corners to get someone out, what's the point? There's no real skill involved. The flatline action is ok, but worthless in woods since branches break most of the paint you shoot. Then you have to dial it in right to get the right angle, then when you move you have to do it again. Much more work than necessary. Plus, to those not in milsim stuff, it's just an ugly barrel.

Those are pretty much the reasons I can think of that people MIGHT hate the barrel for.

*EL-Mago*
10-23-2007, 04:34 AM
I also think that trick shot's in some cases are lame. but...It is very good though to have some kind of advantage over your enemy. its the whole purpose of paintball right? or everyone should just use single shot play and or not any of the suped-up angels or the other 30 bps markers.

I do got a Apex and I will use it for what it brings to my game
so... all and all its you or me I prefer You.:cool:

badmagic
10-23-2007, 07:17 AM
I ran HPA for a short while with my MR2 and Apex, I live in a hot area (South Texas) so I didn't see much difference between CO2. HPA is suppose to be more consistant but since the Apex will change the balls flight anyway I don't see any reason to use HPA if you don't have to.

slim and shady
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I also think that trick shot's in some cases are lame. but...It is very good though to have some kind of advantage over your enemy. its the whole purpose of paintball right? or everyone should just use single shot play and or not any of the suped-up angels or the other 30 bps markers.

I do got a Apex and I will use it for what it brings to my game
so... all and all its you or me I prefer You.:cool:

I agree compleatly, the Apex gives you andvantage, just like markers that shoot 30 bps as compaired to a pump. In paintball everyone looks for an advantage, its part of the game and you cant tell me any of you wouldnt take every advantage you could get. Also the "trick shoots" arent as easy to use as people think, its not a point and shoot barrel you have to spend alot of time practacing and using that particular peice of equiptment. So in my opinion Vikingshadow theres alot more skill involved than people who never shot an apex know about.
As far as im concerned its another great peice of equiptment, but like every great peice of equiptment there are going to be things that people dont like about it. But hey we all have opinions. But the only thing that I like to say is that if people can get there hands on one and try it themselves before judging it, even still there are going to be people who probably wont like it. But at least its some conclusion they derived from using the product themselves and not heresay(SP)

10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
the most important thing in paintball is the development of your skills, not how many bps your marker can fire or if your barrel can bring you a coffee while doing your taxes

vikingshadow
10-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I agree compleatly, the Apex gives you andvantage, just like markers that shoot 30 bps as compaired to a pump. In paintball everyone looks for an advantage, its part of the game and you cant tell me any of you wouldnt take every advantage you could get. Also the "trick shoots" arent as easy to use as people think, its not a point and shoot barrel you have to spend alot of time practacing and using that particular peice of equiptment.
Those are pretty much the reasons I can think of that people MIGHT hate the barrel for.
Please note I was answering a question as to why I thought people might hate the barrel. I didn't ever give my opinion. But, here ya go.

I disagree that paintball is about getting an advantage such as this just to win. Paintball is about having fun first and how much fun is it for someone on the receiving side who's playing a clean game only to be shot out around a corner? As far as I'm concerned, this barrel fits right in there with the ramping issue. BTW, I don't agree with shooting that fast unless ALL guns on the field can shoot that fast in SEMI.

I can tell you flat out that the ONLY advantage I want, and my team as well, as well as almost everyone I've played with and against is to out play our opponent, not out trick someone.

So in my opinion Vikingshadow theres alot more skill involved than people who never shot an apex know about.
As far as im concerned its another great peice of equiptment, but like every great peice of equiptment there are going to be things that people dont like about it. But hey we all have opinions. But the only thing that I like to say is that if people can get there hands on one and try it themselves before judging it, even still there are going to be people who probably wont like it. But at least its some conclusion they derived from using the product themselves and not heresay(SP)
Who's to say I haven't shot the APEX? My field has had one for several months now because no one here wants to pay that much for one or use it in an actual game. I've used it on several occasions just messing around and I know it takes time to learn the adjustment. In my opinion(since we're clarifying) I'd rather shoot someone out in a head to head match than shoot someone out around a corner. Maybe it's just me but I think I'd feel better about that.

Opinions are fine - I gave mine, you gave yours. If you're indicating I have an opinion based on something I know nothing about, you'd be dead wrong and plenty of people here can vouch for me on this. If you're not indicating that, it's the internet and sometimes it's hard to tell, so ignore what I said. ;)

Edited for a more friendly overtone - I'm grumpy tonight! - Vike

slim and shady
10-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree, opinions are what they are. Second the only point directed at you vike was "there is alot more skill involved" its not an easy thing. Other than that the rest of that post was a wide ranged opinion and not directed at you or any other specific individual. If you took it that way, sorry, thats life.
But I still stand buy my opinion and the Apex, trick shots or whatever you want to call them aside, its a good barrel. To be honest i find it difficult to actually use those shots in games because of pace but if I found the oprotunity to do it I woulnt hesitate. Personaly dont think its cheep either, but hey maby i might think so if I was on the receiving end.
Sorry it took me so long to write back and clarify what I said i didnt get a chance to hit the net the last few.

jbtoronto
10-26-2007, 04:31 AM
You said it right 118917