PDA

View Full Version : hopper

XxPaintballxX
01-29-2007, 02:43 PM
hey......i got my pilot acs 05 a couple months back and i havent had too much time to get an electric hopper.....however i have been lookin around and i was thinkin of gettin the fasta.....the only thing i am skeptical of is the fact that its only $80-$90 when it holds more balls and its faster then most hoppers out there....any advice? thanx

Hossy
01-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Id say get a halo B or reloader B....great loader.

Or a fasta JR.

Sandman_Bravo
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Reloader B is a great unit, but like most upper end hoppers it's expensive. The Reloader 2 will keep up for a lot less.

XxPaintballxX
01-29-2007, 03:03 PM
i have seen the reloader 2 but it only feeds 13 bps and i wasn't sure if it would keep up since the pilot get 20 bps and as for the reloader b, i do not want to spend that much. i am willing to pay around $80 for a hopper. any1 kno if the fasta is as good as its described?

Hossy
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Get a used Halo or reloader, off of the B/S/T section for 65 or so....

OK, I'm going to do a review here but add things sporadically since I can't really use it on the field this very moment:

I have the smoke color Fasta LCD e-loader with 30+bps rof, 230 ball capacity, game timer, LCD screen, 18v, audio alerts, weighs 1 lb with batteries, low battery indicator, 20 minute auto shutoff & poly carbon shell -

Came in a nice red box with instructions. When I took it out of the box I noticed you can pretty much see everything inside the hopper. When you open the lid you can see the back side of the board through the plastic and it appears to have a removable chip or something inserted in the back of the board. Through the transparent body you can also see the motor, wiring and tab that activates the turnstile type 4 blade impeller that throws the balls down the feedneck. The body had a built in raceway similar to the Eggo except it looks a bit deeper and the sides are convex not straight up and down. Seems it would hold the balls in the raceway a bit better using this design. The motor runs clockwise rather than ccw like the Eggo. The balls are fed to the left not right -

Installing the batteries are a breeze compared to the Revy and Eggo. You simply slide the lower back portion of the door straight out, install the batteries horizontally and put the door back on. The batteries are not held in by the door at all. AMOF it appears if you broke or lost the door the batteries would still stay in no prob -

The feedneck is very interesting. It’s fluted like a fluted barrel. Seems that would help keep the hopper in place as compared to a flat surface. Nice idea -

I can see why they initially named it the Torpedo because the shape of the front and sides resembles a torpedo -

When I turned this thing on it scared the hell outta me because it made this loud beeping noise. The LCD screen deciphers a game timer that when activated will beep every 5 minutes when the timer is on. It also fast beeps at 1 minute remaining. You have the option of turning the beeping noises off if you'd like in a silent mode. If you leave the hopper on, it automatically turns off in 20 minutes. If you have a jam, you can push the minute button and it activates the impeller to unjam the ball -

The clear spring lid is nice and secure and has a nice ridge on it so you can easily get your fingers under it to open it. Much better than my Eggo lid that's hell opening and closing some times. People were complaining about it being on the top. I really don't see a prob with that or why it would hinder anything at all -

I wasn't quite sure I'd like the smoke color since I always get the solid black colored hoppers. I'm liking this color because it's a true black smoke and not a purple or brown smoke like some of the others I've seen. Think I'm going to enjoy seeing how many balls are left in the hopper rather than sporadically having to check through the lid -

The tab activation seems interesting since I never had anything of the such. There's no eye but a plastic tab w/a sensor on it in the feedneck that the balls touch as they go by that senses each ball. Every time it senses a ball going by it turns the impeller. No movement, it doesn't turn like the eye systems that can at times go off on their own until you manually turn it off if the eye is obstructed. This is almost like the intelli-feed system of the past. You can activate the tab with your finger to see how it works. I'm not so sure how durable this little tab is. I suppose time will only tell for that one. Think it'd be a bit tough cleaning up a puked ball up the feedneck with this system as well -

Well that's it for now until I test it on the field. I'll try to get some pics when I can as well -

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=98825#post98825

XxPaintballxX
01-29-2007, 03:47 PM
ok thanx

pb34
01-29-2007, 04:27 PM
If your interested, I have a Fasta for sale. Pm me if your interested. Whether you go with a Reloader B or a Fasta or a Halo B. All of them are good units and will be able to keep up with the Pilot.

zisiang
02-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks to Dragon for the Fasta review :) find it useful somehow..

zisiang

Sandman_Bravo
02-04-2007, 06:27 AM
The pilot won't shoot any faster than 13 bps in auto or burst. In semi it is capped at 20. How many people can finger the trigger at more than 13 bps, or even 20? I have an upped LP Pilot than can shoot damn fast and I've never outshot the re-loader hopper. I can hit around 13bps and that's a steady stream of balls. Yes there is a possibility you may outshoot it but it's slim. You can fork over 130 for a new B or 45 for a re-loader. I've found that most times I poke out around a bunker and blast away about 5-10 balls at a time. It's rare that I just unload the whole hopper as fast as I can in one stream unless I'm just horsing around at a target for fun.

Backmanshooter
02-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Eggs are cheap. And they'll feed fast enough. Halo's are good too.

XxPaintballxX
02-04-2007, 08:35 AM
The pilot won't shoot any faster than 13 bps in auto or burst. In semi it is capped at 20. How many people can finger the trigger at more than 13 bps, or even 20? I have an upped LP Pilot than can shoot damn fast and I've never outshot the re-loader hopper. I can hit around 13bps and that's a steady stream of balls. Yes there is a possibility you may outshoot it but it's slim. You can fork over 130 for a new B or 45 for a re-loader. I've found that most times I poke out around a bunker and blast away about 5-10 balls at a time. It's rare that I just unload the whole hopper as fast as I can in one stream unless I'm just horsing around at a target for fun.

so a reloader at 10-12 bps will work fine wit the pilot??
and what does lp mean? sry

Sandman_Bravo
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
LP = low pressure
If you are just starting out and haven't upgraded your pilot, then yes, it will work fine. If money isn't an issue and you plan on upgrading your gun, then spend more and get a faster loader. You'll be able to use it with a faster gun in the future if you ever get one. Maybe get a used one from e-bay. Heck, I even have an extra reloader b I might part with. The bottom line is, people spend more than they really need to. Do some research (here & on PB Review) and make an informed decision.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/38/page1/sort4/view2/layout2/rman/rcat/
Good luck.

XxPaintballxX
02-04-2007, 09:09 AM
k thanx....o and i've seen ur pilot, niice howd u change the color??

Sandman_Bravo
02-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I dis-assembled it, stripped and sanded it, and then prime & paint. After it dried I baked it in an oven on low (200 or less) for about an hour and a half. Next step was a thick clear coat. Thanx for the kind words.

XxPaintballxX
02-04-2007, 09:16 AM
wow man thats crazy, it looks great-niice job, and thanx for the help

Sandman_Bravo
02-04-2007, 09:20 AM
-no prob, everyone here just tries to be helpful. Kinda brings a tear to your eye, huh? JK, lol!

XxPaintballxX
02-04-2007, 09:25 AM
lol....seriously tho man u can make some money paintin ppls guns in ur free time....heck i'll be ur first customer lol....but thanx again

Halucin8
02-04-2007, 01:44 PM
i have bursts of speed that have on accasion out shotmy egg with a yboard. never out shot my egg with a zboard. but i bought a fasta and today i kept 3 poeple pinned down in woodsball while my back up came in from the side and wiped them out. I love my fasta.

VS3 Sniper
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
To answer our question I have a halo b and I'm more than happy with my hopper. But like everyone said the pilot is capped at 13 bps in burst and full auto and 20 in semi. I would say go with a halo b in case u decide to upgrade ur gun. U can find them in the B/S/T section here or on ebay for a good price. good luck

XxPaintballxX
02-05-2007, 01:59 PM
halucin8.......u'd recomend the fasta cuz i've heard some disadvantages about it

Halucin8
02-05-2007, 03:59 PM
i would love to hear the disadvantages to the fasta. i have had mine since christmas and only had one minor problem that has not reoccurred. that was it stayed running after i was done shooting and had to shake it to get it to stop. the shells on it are definitely tougher than my eggs are. the feedneck is twice as sturdy as my revvy and reloader one(changed shells on both 2 times already). I have never used a halo or pulse but wouldn't because of cost. i have 3 kids that play with me every week. the fasta is the best bang for the buck in my book. I ran my T-1 in nitro 20 this week and the fasta kept up with it fine. so it is fast enough for anything i will ever throw at it.
EDIT-here is Dragon's review http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7910

XxPaintballxX
02-05-2007, 04:16 PM
very cool, very cool....thanx for the info think im goin with the fasta

Lexmetal4
02-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Check this 1 out tho i reely like it and im thinking of getting it, its fast, sleek and a ood brand its the EMPIRE Reloader B. http://http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=bp3z7-A4OO3zK6Xz43UzR-rsZuyXtZdDEQc=?ProductID=jtzAqArb5%2eUAAAD_Oc0udPr q

spitfirocks
02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
i just got an egg 3 today..i drop tested it and it did 25 unbelivingly..i think the egg is decent enough for the pilot dont you think?i mean really 20 bps is good enough..