PDA

View Full Version : tournament gun

ttam13xlpb
01-28-2007, 05:28 PM
What would be a good gun for a team that will play alot of tournaments and hopefully play at higher levels of play eventually?a good gun that will be competitive through out the different levels of play?Me and some friends got a team together and i am looking to buy a good gun that i will be able to use for awhile.:confused:

Hossy
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
look into a rail, or if you want to go the cheaper route, an ion.

where you are tho, for your level, kids play with there spyders and tippmanns, so dont worry, just have fun!

vwjimmy
01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
look into a rail, or if you want to go the cheaper route, an ion.

where you are tho, for your level, kids play with there spyders and tippmanns, so dont worry, just have fun!
I am shocked that Hossys' answer wasen't "My DM4"!!!!!

Theheroguy
01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
get an 07 ego to show you mean buisiness jk The guns I would want from least to greatest are promaster, mini, ion, rail, some freestyle, some shocker, some timmy, 06-07 pm or dm, etek, 05-06 ego, nexus sl66 dark ego, 07 ego, Blackout ego.

timmyshoota
01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Start with the Pilot. Seriously, a Spyder can keep up with the competition at a low level. Playing tourneys isn't cheap, and you're gonna need money for entry and paint, and practices. I'd be looking at different guns and trying em out at the field and find one you like. If you want to buy new, look at either an Ion or a PMR. Both are good guns out of the box and can keep you up with the competition. If you don't mind buying used. Look into Shocker SFTs, PM5s, DM4s, 2k2-2k5 Timmys, 04 Cyborgs. All of those can be gotten for $300-450 and are still very good guns. May not be the lightest or smallest, but will definitely be good guns.

Be more specific about your team, plans and your experience and I can help you narrow down your choices.

Hossy
01-28-2007, 05:44 PM
get an 07 ego to show you mean buisiness jk The guns I would want from least to greatest are promaster, mini, ion, rail, some freestyle, some shocker, some timmy, 06-07 pm or dm, etek, 05-06 ego, nexus sl66 dark ego, 07 ego, Blackout ego.

he obviously doesnt know anything about higher end guns, and wont be buying one if he is just starting out.

Timmyshoota gave you a good list....go with that...

and jim...why would you expect that :rolleyes:

Theheroguy
01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
:yeahthat: get good hpa before a new gun and your revy should be fast enough if it feeds at least 10 bps (I've seen people break revy so bad the don't feed past 5 how I duhno how they do it)

ttam13xlpb
01-28-2007, 06:09 PM
i have hpa.we plan on playing mspa...but we still have to get past the begginer tourneys...we have been playing for a few years now but havent played any tournaments yet...im getting a halo b soon...i am really looking to get a rail.or a mini...thats about my price range.i have shot higher end guns b4 and played against them so im not totally unfamiliar(i have no idea how to spell that)with them.We are playing to have fun,but i think we stand a good chance of doing good in the tournament.so what would you recomend?

Theheroguy
01-28-2007, 06:11 PM
it your choice either a rail mini or an ion and up it

yamaha cow
01-28-2007, 07:09 PM
ok well fun is the big picture at the time ur just starting so when u start getting serious about it and u kno ur team will beable to pull it off drop ur 400 bucks in to an ion I DID and it has served me som much ggod i recently played with all teh accesories i have on it but stock ion is sweet its fo fun to play with, its low maintenence. and cheap to upgrade....

Hossy
01-28-2007, 07:12 PM
ok well fun is the big picture at the time ur just starting so when u start getting serious about it and u kno ur team will beable to pull it off drop ur 400 bucks in to an ion I DID and it has served me som much ggod i recently played with all teh accesories i have on it but stock ion is sweet its fo fun to play with, its low maintenence. and cheap to upgrade....
i had a hard time reading it.

I would not suggest dropping 400 into an ion, if you ever wanted a new gun you would have lost a lot of money.

My choice as stated: The Proto Matrix Rail

Sandman_Bravo
01-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Shocker SFT or DM6

DyNasty9
01-28-2007, 08:08 PM
i say buy hossy's dm4:dodgy:

seriously though their good guns bigger then a rail but faster and smoother.

Jobberwocky
01-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Lasoya promasters are $200 brand new now...

The promaster shoots awesome, prefer it over my ion; it also feels higher quality.

yamaha cow
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
what ever obviously u dont use aim much i love my ion because all the previous guns ive owned have broken in woods ball wich i play. and it hasn't.

samus129
01-29-2007, 11:29 AM
you could also get a vs2 or 3. sv2 is around 260 vs3 is around 360 canadian, also depents if you are allowed rocker triggers.

turbo chicken
02-01-2007, 10:30 AM
i'll pur my .02 in for a LP tboarded spyder with eyes ... but that's just me ....

or have yourself some real fun and everyone get pumps.