PDA

View Full Version : Gun Advice please

Mr.Untouchable
01-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I recently put together a rough idea of what I would like to buy for my Spyder imagine. Currently I run on a complete stock gun with a CP 14 inch barrel with no motorized hopper and Co2. But as I was looking, for everything I want to buy it is going to cost me somewhere in the upper $400's. So is buying all of these items for my gun worth it, or should I just go out and buy a better gun (Rail, Ion etc...).?

Hossy
01-28-2007, 03:25 PM
if you will upgrade everything that you want to...and use the 400 bucks, get a new gun. A spyder can only shoot so well, but a rail, ion, or whatever else you were thinking would be much better

DRAGON
01-28-2007, 03:36 PM
what exactly adds up to $400? is an n2 tank and hopper included in that price? if so you're not really spending all that on your spyder and can't compare it to another marker that you mentioned. you'd have to buy the same things for them.

Mr.Untouchable
01-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Actually yes, I did not think of that, so technically I drop give or take $275 if I remove both from the pricing. That is putting me at $136 for pure spyder upgrades. But is that still worth it, or am I better off with a newer, better gun?

wbpaintball
01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, Spyders are considered a low-end gun and with low-end guns there are limits to what you can upgrade and pimp out. Like for a Spyder you could consider upgrading grips, barrels, hoppers, triggers, trigger frames, bolts and drop forwards. With i mid to high-end gun there even more upgrades such as ASAs, regulators, and tadao board's plus all of the ups you could get for the spyders. I would definately use your money to buy another gun rather than upgrading a low end gun. Guns i would suggest are rails, epiphanys, minis, and e-orracle autocockers!

bracer028
01-28-2007, 05:44 PM
130 bucks...

get a promaster...you can get one now a days for around the price you wanna pay for the marker.

Sandman_Bravo
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I put a lot into my Spyder to go LP and the journey was as satisfying as the end result. She shoots like a different gun and I'll probably never sell it. There's a certain amount of satisfaction to be had from building & tuning your own marker. So is it worth it? ...that's up to each individual person.

DRAGON
01-28-2007, 06:25 PM
I guess you didn't catch my drift......exactly what would you get for the Spyder? Or are you evading that thought? Your choice of products can have a great influence on the result you'd get from a Spyder. I have a few LP Spyder's and think what I spent was worth every penny but I have the knowledge of modifying stock parts and can save a ton of what I consider wasted funds on some aftermarket parts -

Mr.Untouchable
01-29-2007, 05:19 AM
I really did not plan on going LP, but I plan on buying a new bolt, clamping feedneck, thinking about a new board (T-Board), new ASA and drop forward, new regulater and a pair of dye stickies which I don't count as much of an upgrade. But I will look at Otter's Customs and see what I need for a LP gun.

ooglieboogliebob
01-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd probably say just get an HPA tank, good Hopper, then go for a better gun. Thats probably the best solution.

Stickies arn't really needed
bolts not needed ... mod your existing one
clamping feedneck is a good choice
new boards not needed unless you want it for the eyes
ASA isn't a bad choice.
Dropforward IMO is a waste of money.

I'd say just get a tid bit more money and get a pretty nice used ion.

avantpaintballer99
01-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Dropforward IMO is a waste of money.
i got a new drop forward on my spyder and love it, it looks cool and my tank sits at a differnt angle which is way more comfortable when i shoot it. it just depends on what you prefer.

Mr.Untouchable
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Avant, what kind of Drop Forward did you purchase?

Edit: Nvm I see it in your signature.

hodni_sania
01-29-2007, 03:25 PM
i got a shocktech on/off with bleed on my pilot, had to get the plate to get inline holes but i like it alot and i like that bit of a drop i've gotten used to the stock one.

RIpaintballer
01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
$400 get an invert mini

Ace24
01-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, Spyders are considered a low-end gun and with low-end guns there are limits to what you can upgrade and pimp out. Like for a Spyder you could consider upgrading grips, barrels, hoppers, triggers, trigger frames, bolts and drop forwards. With i mid to high-end gun there even more upgrades such as ASAs, regulators, and tadao board's plus all of the ups you could get for the spyders. I would definately use your money to buy another gun rather than upgrading a low end gun. Guns i would suggest are rails, epiphanys, minis, and e-orracle autocockers!

Ever heard of a Dragun One? Or T-1? You can make a Spyder into that... wich is basicly a midend gun.

I agree with everyone else though. Get a new gun. Invert Mini's have had good reputations so far. From what I've seen, and the people I've talked to that have them... I can say that they are reliable markers.

Now that would blow your $400 right there... But if you wanted a whole setup... get an ION. You could get your tank, hopper, and get the most important upgrades on it... ION's are very reliable and will treat you well if you treat them with kindness and maintain them. (They arn't that hard to maintain either.)

RIpaintballer
01-30-2007, 06:47 PM
An ION is hard to clean!!!!!!

avantpaintballer99
01-31-2007, 06:06 AM
An ION is hard to clean!!!!!!
thats what you get for buying one ;)

bigred76
01-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Hard to clean my ass! You just have to know how to do it. It'll take you 15 minutes total if you do it right, about the same as ripping down a Spyder completely. If you dont spend at least that much time on cleaning most markers, you forgot something.

bamf-hacker
01-31-2007, 07:17 AM
I have to agree with BigRed here.

The Ion is not hard to clean. I have 2 and can strip them down 100% in less than 10 min for both.

The more you do it the faster and easier it becomes.

If you need help PM me.

turbo chicken
01-31-2007, 08:21 AM
I really did not plan on going LP, but I plan on buying a new bolt, clamping feedneck, thinking about a new board (T-Board), new ASA and drop forward, new regulater and a pair of dye stickies which I don't count as much of an upgrade. But I will look at Otter's Customs and see what I need for a LP gun.

first of all let me say that all of the upgrades are great and you should get them if you want them reguardless of others opnions including mine

to help you put a perspective on the situation...... I am in the process of building a BLM spyder... my parts so far body ... Neo power valve and modified stock valve body... modified sock bolt(soon to be ACS)... rodeo reg and ASA block ... and stock striker ...

money spent so far 60.00
add the ACS bolt 40.00
and a mech boblong grip price TBD i think 70.00
archon hopper 10.00
springs 10.00

so total price ...190.00 that's for just a custom mech spyder ... but it's what i wanted and im willing to pay the price to get it...

here's my .02 on what you want to get

-New reg not needed
-New bolt good if getting acs otherwise keep the stock one
-t-board ... not completely necessary but if your going to do that at least get the ramping chip
-ASA with the new drop not completely necessary
-dye stickies not necessary ...

in the end you will have a gun that you customized to fit you ... if you get another gun you will probably want to get some of the same stuff for that ... and you will still only be able to shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger(sans ramping)

final word ... up the spyder a little at a time ... make a plan over the year ... list the order you will be getting the ups ... then execute ... a fully customized spyder > any stock EP marker out there

RIpaintballer
01-31-2007, 12:18 PM
lol i didnt clean it yet but everyone i know said it sucks taking apart
and should i use co2 with my ion

Hob Hayward
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
No, use HPA. Anti-siphoned co2 is possible, but I wouldn't risk it.