PDA

View Full Version : Post your good stuff here!!!

Jarhead
01-28-2007, 01:09 PM
With all the negative comments about the MR2. I would like to hear the goods ones too.

I have had my gun for a while and have put probably close to 10,000 rounds through it. I had some chopping issues at the beginning but they were solved by breaking in the ACS bolts and buying a Halo B. Now only I can only think of one time in the last four times out where I had a ball break and it was cold so that was probably the reason.
The mods were slow in coming out but I am starting to see more and more. Check RAP4 website and they have a M$ barrel and stock for the MR1,MR2 & MR3 now. Plus other stuff. I will post another pic when I get my expansion module added.

I have reccomended and have had 3 friends buy a MR2 and they are as happy as I am.
This is my own humble opinion and I am not posting this to start a flame war. I just want to hear good stories for a change.

wylde01
01-28-2007, 01:57 PM
well i bought my mr2 about 8 months ago and from the beggining i have had no probs. the only chop i had was from me not letting enough air through my remote line. ive been playing paint ball for a couple of years so i new everything that had to be done to a marker to get it to work. i broke in the bolt and bought a reloader b and had no probs. ive now got so many ups on it that i've ran out of money and have still yet to buy the qloader,and a new stock. over all this marker has been a good one to own. i love playing with people and letting the mr2 rip paint their direction. i get alot of looks and comments about how my gun performs and looks. THIS IS MY BEST MARKER YET!!!

pbgrandpa
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I also am dissapointed in the bad rap the MR2 gets. The first thing i did when i got mine was read the manual and then read it again. Took it apart and put it back together. Got real familiar with it. Mine shot good from the day one. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones. I've changed about everything on the gun that can be changed and never had a bit of trouble with any of it. I did have to take the 3rd o-ring off my Alamo City bolt because it ate the dentents but other than that nothing. This is the gun I had the most fun upping and it shoots better than any I've owend. I've owned a lot of Spyders and I can honestly say this is the best one. Just my .02 on the subject:)

darth massacre
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes I agree - I have heard more bad than good with the MR2. So here's to the lucky few!

INTERNALS - The only real things I've changed are the springs. Switched to a weaker valve spring and a weaker + shorter striker spring right from the start. Everything else is stock and shooting well.

BOLT - I've only recently put in the same bolt that PBGrandpa got, haven't shot it yet since. We'll know how it works in a couple of weeks when one of my friends get paid and we can actually go play. I've also "worn in" the ACS bolt - by manually jacking the spring as recommended. Its definitely a lot looser now as compared to before and it seems to be working as advertised now.

BARREL - Pretty sure I've put at least 8000 rounds through it since October. Now to say it doesn't chop would be lying, but the honest truth is the chops only happen when I used the aftermarket barrel I bought (Opsgear 18" fluted sniper barrel). I suffer very little chops otherwise and those happened in the barrel rather than in the breach. It works well on stock barrel, but I'm looking forward to using the J+J ceramic barrel as most MR2 owners here recommends.

PAINT - Choice of paint also is an issue - I found out that more expensive paint with brittle shells tend to break more than cheaper paint. It could be a regulator problem (I have none) but I'm not really keen to spend money to find out.

AIR - Compressed air works better. Tried it at 2 fields. One uses CO2 and the other uses HPA. More consistent performance with HPA - less chops - more predictable = anticipation and workarounds to prevent chopping.

LOADER - Using the Empire Revolution II. I'm shooting semi only so there's no need for a faster force fed hopper.

DETENTS - Still using the stock detent. Getting a set of Timmy's soon.

Also due to a school project - I'm in technical illustration - we had to take apart an object to draw exploded views - so I'm fairly well acquainted with the MR2 and could troubleshoot my own unique problems when I encounter them. Thing is, the MR2 is kinda like the M-16/M4. Shoots well but is very high upkeep - gotta keep it clean and well oiled or it'll chop on ya.

zincUSA
01-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Still only good things happening here. I posted two weeks about my 1st weekend with the MR2 (here's the link (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8731)) and just finished up the second weekend still without any chopping issues - roughly now about 20 hours of play and 4.5 cases of paint and counting.

I've replaced my cut-down striker spring (removed 2 links to chrono) with a medium spring out of a Maddman Spyder spring kit and will see if I can get a little better handle on the chrono.

I think I'm also going to add a good adjustable regulator and use it to better chrono, then fine tune that number with the MR2's VA. I plan on using it with remote and this is the one im thinking of getting: Generation 2 AG1 Regulator (http://rap4.com/paintball/os/gen2-regulator-p-1865.html).

Im still only using HPA.

chagrinback49
01-29-2007, 02:43 PM
whta kind of reg would u suggest? any good cheap ones in mind??

The Booth Man
01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
whta kind of reg would u suggest? any good cheap ones in mind??

If you're using CO2 I reccommend either:

Bob Long Torpedo $25-45
Palmer's Stabilizer $60-100

I have both, and they both work well.

chagrinback49
01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
would u recconm,end getting a gauge?

Hossy
01-30-2007, 11:19 AM
no, to me it kinda defeats the purpose of a Milsim gun...
but if you want to see what your gun is running at, sure, go ahead

ViperX
01-31-2007, 02:21 AM
I hear allot of " I have no chopping issues, etc, etc.. " But in that same note you only mention that you shoot in semi. Of course you are not going to have any chopping issues, but what about using full-auto? That's where this marker bites the dust. And don't tell me each and everyone of you can walk the trigger faster then what the full-auto mode does.

My marker didn't chop paint eaither, but it's made to fire in multiple modes and that is a major reason why I purchased it.

So the real question is, are any of you having chopping issues while using full-auto?????

Also someone mentioned having chops with their opsgear barrel, well that barrel has a very tight bore and you can only use speciic types of small bore paint or you will constantly get "chops" with it. I purchased one and sold it on ebay because I live in Florida and the humidity causes too much swelling with paint to be able to use the barrel for too long. Usually only got to use it for about 30 mins once the paint was reomoved from the air-conditioned trailer before it started breaking in the barrel(notice I didn't use the term chop).

Glasher
01-31-2007, 03:00 AM
Ya I fired 3 full hopper on full auto, altho I use a regulator it helps alot plus a force feed hopper

pbgrandpa
01-31-2007, 03:09 AM
I hear allot of " I have no chopping issues, etc, etc.. " But in that same note you only mention that you shoot in semi. Of course you are not going to have any chopping issues, but what about using full-auto? That's where this marker bites the dust. And don't tell me each and everyone of you can walk the trigger faster then what the full-auto mode does.

My marker didn't chop paint eaither, but it's made to fire in multiple modes and that is a major reason why I purchased it.

So the real question is, are any of you having chopping issues while using full-auto?????

Also someone mentioned having chops with their opsgear barrel, well that barrel has a very tight bore and you can only use speciic types of small bore paint or you will constantly get "chops" with it. I purchased one and sold it on ebay because I live in Florida and the humidity causes too much swelling with paint to be able to use the barrel for too long. Usually only got to use it for about 30 mins once the paint was reomoved from the air-conditioned trailer before it started breaking in the barrel(notice I didn't use the term chop).I have the T-board in mine w/the AC bolt and have fired full auto ,3 burst and ramping and it has never missed a beat.Using a Q-loader.

The Booth Man
01-31-2007, 08:01 AM

My marker used to chop every game until I invested in a Vlocity loader. No more chops on any mode.

Jarhead
01-31-2007, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=ViperX]I hear allot of " I have no chopping issues, etc, etc.. " But in that same note you only mention that you shoot in semi. Of course you are not going to have any chopping issues, but what about using full-auto? That's where this marker bites the dust. And don't tell me each and everyone of you can walk the trigger faster then what the full-auto mode does.
QUOTE]

To test my marker, I have fire 3 full hoppers on fully automatic and without a chop.
What I would like to know is how many markers have not been tinkered with before they chop? Just added a forced fed hopper and cranked it up.

zincUSA
01-31-2007, 12:03 PM

Also someone mentioned having chops with their opsgear barrel, well that barrel has a very tight bore and you can only use speciic types of small bore paint or you will constantly get "chops" with it. I purchased one and sold it on ebay because I live in Florida and the humidity causes too much swelling with paint to be able to use the barrel for too long. Usually only got to use it for about 30 mins once the paint was reomoved from the air-conditioned trailer before it started breaking in the barrel(notice I didn't use the term chop).

No issues on full auto with about 1/2 case down range. A few recocks here and there but no chops - still using stock w/ hpa & egg3, and oiling her up a bit before each adventure in humid Tampa, FL. Velocity is somewhere between 270 and 280.

If your close to any of the Tampa fields, maybe we can meet up this Saturday and try to figure out whats going on with your gun. I'm willing to help if I can.

darth massacre
01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Also someone mentioned having chops with their opsgear barrel, well that barrel has a very tight bore and you can only use speciic types of small bore paint or you will constantly get "chops" with it.
That would be me - I shoot okay on stock barrel on full auto, but because I don't have a reloader B so there's really no reason to push the limits and hold down the trigger for a 200 round burst. Especially when I've read and known about how a slow and non force feed loader could, well, chop balls.

ViperX
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm not having anymore issues with my marker, I've done the neccessary upgrades to get there. My gripe is with the stock setup and not being able to chieve greatness without the UPS. My personal thoughts are about buying a marker advertised to do certain things with certain hoppers at such and such feedrate, etc should work correctly right out of the box(like so many other markers do, and i'm not talking about the initial dialing in). I Don't think I made myself clear on that part of my statements.

I see from some of the replies that allot of you have added upgrades to achieve all the firing modes and yes the marker will work that way, but I feel for allot of the newer guys that have just purchased their markers and now have to figure out just what is going on with their markers to get them to work correctly and at there full potential.

Also, for some the velocity loaders, which correct me if I am wrong, are gravity fed/agitated(and can achieve the advertised ball-rate for this marker) and they say they have no problems achieving full-auto. Well I was definately not that lucky, I had to immediately upgraded to a halo b, and even then the feed rate wasn't in sync(too fast) so I bought an upgrade board that allows me to choose between 6 feed rates and I use the 3rd feed rate setting and that cured my full-auto issues.

I just purchased an alamo city bolt for my MR2 and will be using it once I debur the inside of my bolt chamber. After using my marker I've found gouging on the bolt in the typical places I see other owners are having issues with as well. I'm just curious if the poor milling has allot to do with many troublesome markers. I'm not exactly sure the effect of the drag on the bolt, but by the looks of the deep gauges in my stock bolt, it obviously could not be a good thing. I blame kingman for poor quality control and process control for this.

The Booth Man
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
To test my marker, I have fire 3 full hoppers on fully automatic and without a chop.
What I would like to know is how many markers have not been tinkered with before they chop? Just added a forced fed hopper and cranked it up.

I'm pretty sure that most of my chopping issues were due to blowback up the feedneck. I had problems even on Semi.

I didn't start tinkering with mine untill after I solve the chopping with a forcefed hopper

ViperX
01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey, I'm curious for some of you that have had zero problems, what your serial # is on your marker? I'm just wondering if those of us that are having issues own initial run markers and maybe the next lot was perfected and any existing issues had been eliminated. Such as poor milling and manufacturing issues.

Here is my Serial # Just post your # and a yes if you have had problems and a no if you don't. Maybe we can see if they have chronological system for their serial #'s.

yes

P.s. I didn't tinker with my marker before putting my velocity loader on it, just put hp air, charged the battery and filled it with paint. CHOP CHOP CHOP! from the very start

Glasher
01-31-2007, 03:05 PM
The solution is an expensive force feed hopper really the other is really just to ave more performance my friend MR2 is compleatly stock only broke ACS bolt and have a Reloader B he never choped, but he choped as hell with a Egg2 tho.

Mine is simply awesome here's a pic of it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Glasher/MyMR2.jpg

Hob Hayward
01-31-2007, 03:09 PM
How does the tank attach =/

ViperX
01-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Nice lookin MR2...

Curious, other than the question about where you put your tank, where do you find room for a forcefed hopper with the carry handle and scope?

Only solution to be able to go with scopes/handle on this marker and have the clearance for everything is to go to a q-loader. Or so it seems.

I know my halo b only allows me room for a red dot scope mounted directly to the weaver rails and have the stock raised rail removed and just barely have the clearance for the red dot scope.

The Booth Man
01-31-2007, 05:01 PM
How does the tank attach =/

Good question! He uses a remote line with a quick disconnect attached to the regulator. I have the same setup:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/3021010298.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4654660)

Note to Glasher: It's great to see that you were able to get that regulator installed!

darth massacre
01-31-2007, 06:08 PM

02011439 - purchased 2nd Oct 2006 - No

Only solution to be able to go with scopes/handle on this marker and have the clearance for everything is to go to a q-loader. Or so it seems.

Offset rails also work well if you don't mind having your red dot slanted 45 degrees to the left.

Glasher
01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Actually My Reloader B doesn't get in the way of my red dot. And ya it's a regulator attach their and I use a remote line it's all thx to Booth Man he explained to me how to do it and it worked. since putting the reg it's a much more stable marker also.

Jarhead
02-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Hey, I'm curious for some of you that have had zero problems, what your serial # is on your marker? I'm just wondering if those of us that are having issues own initial run markers and maybe the next lot was perfected and any existing issues had been eliminated. Such as poor milling and manufacturing issues.

Here is my Serial # Just post your # and a yes if you have had problems and a no if you don't. Maybe we can see if they have chronological system for their serial #'s.

yes

Mine is serial number 02015371

I just got my expansion module and will post a new pic in a couple of days,

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w223/jarhead1963/Picture-014web.jpg

pbgrandpa
02-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Serial# 02014300 ...No

zincUSA
02-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Serial# 02014318 .. No

darth massacre
02-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Bloody hell, if the serial number is in chronological order then I have the oldest gun so far.

The Booth Man
02-01-2007, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=darth massacre]Bloody hell, if the serial number is in chronological order then I have the oldest gun so far.

Ha ha! Not quite...serial number 02009531 Purchased used in August off ebay

No

Glasher
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Had an amazing game this week end, It's amazing how the J&J Barrle with mounted apex can be so lethal. One dude was hiding behing a bunker and I shot him on top of his head using the diving bomb mode on the apex. Marker did awesome till I decide to play with the regulator a bit(broke the gauge and the dude that has the chrono usual wasn,t their)

darth massacre
02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Hold hold hold HOLD ON! How did you fit an apex front onto J+J?

ViperX
02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Someone makes an adapter for the apex to fit on standard barrels, anyone hAppen to know who makes it? I'm thinking about a 12" J&J with the apex tip would work nicely.

Glasher
02-06-2007, 04:07 AM
http://undergroundmodshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=47&osCsid=326016e26d7bdb60e096654255be0190

tygger91
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
02016117 Earliest so far :P

Bought um... in 2007 early Jan?

Good gun, never chopped a single paintball to this date. Been through 6 days 6 weeks straight at Ruff n Tuff in Miami. Maybe lucky?

The Booth Man
02-07-2007, 10:11 PM
So it's been quite a while since I last played and I've done a ton of upgrades since then. I've recently seen lots of threads about the "MR2 Chopping Machine" and they really got me worried about my own marker.

Now don't get me wrong, mine chopped and chopped and chopped until I invested in a GOOD hopper. Since then, the only chop I've had was when the paintballs got brittle from sitting out in the cold (10* F) for 30 minutes while I made one of my demonstration videos.

So I was curious......does my MR2 still chop paint?

Here are the specs........

Spyder MR2
Palmers Stabilizer set at 500 psi @ 295 fps
Visible Impact Paintballs
Viewloader Vlocity set at the lowest setting

Temperature: 25* F

Modes:

Semi No Chops
Burst No Chops
Full Auto for 6 seconds No Chops

ViperX
02-08-2007, 06:23 AM
What happened at 7 seconds?

darth massacre
02-08-2007, 06:32 AM
He probably ran out of paint lol.

The Booth Man
02-08-2007, 06:50 AM
He probably ran out of paint lol.

Yeah I ran out of paint. LOL

ViperX
02-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Hmm, 13bps at 6 sec. Math doesn't add up to a full hopper.

The Booth Man
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Hmm, 13bps at 6 sec. Math doesn't add up to a full hopper.

Why not? Have you done your math lately? I never stated that I had a Full hopper.

13 Bps for 6 seconds

13*6= 78

78 Paintballs

I don't know about you but most electronic hoppers I've heard of have a capacity of at least 140 paintballs. The VLocity is able to hold around 200 paintballs.

So why the skepticism? My MR2 doesn't chop. I don't know why that's hard to believe.

ViperX
02-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Glad you can multiply, thanks for the demonstration, I was only pulling you chain.

Guess it worked :P

Voodoo27909
02-09-2007, 04:15 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about my MR2. Small issues early on with the first production run, but easily fixed. Jungle magazine gives it high ratings with 4 out of a possible 5 in most catagories other than balance (3.5) and accuracy (3.5, easily addressed with an aftermarket barrel). Its a good, dependable, rugged marker...perfect for a scenario enviroment...and, ITS FAST!

I would recommend it to anyone, both experianced and novice alike.