PDA

View Full Version : Board

TLXshoota
01-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I just got my Ion, and I picked up a new barrel, trigger, feedneck, ASA, HPA tank, all of the goodies. Now I was told that I should consider picking up a aftermarket board. What makes an aftermarket board better then the stock? What makes one aftermarket better then the other? What exactly do they do? and why do some cost only 85-100 and some cost 140-170? And overall which one do you think I should get and why?

Hossy
01-28-2007, 10:09 AM
some boards are better because of the setting you can put on it, and the modes

For example for the stock ion board, you can do semi, burst, and auto i believe. maybe you wanna play with ramp, or in certain leagues that have a setting that you can play with. The manufacturers(sp) put the price tags on. Some are huge, some arent. research the modes you want, and then find a board that has them...and then go and buy it!

paintballkid0206
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
aftermarket boards just make it faster. if u do get a new 1 get a Virtue. ive heard that theyre nice

timmyshoota
01-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I've owned boards from WAS, Tadao, Virtue and Lucky, so here's my opinion.

Aftermarket boards offer more adjustment and better programming than most stock boards. Your Ion board has very little adjustment that can be done. With an aftermarket board you get a broader range of things to adjust. You can tweak your gun even more and get the most out of your gun.

The thing that makes one better than the other is the programming. Some boards just have better programming in them than others. Pretty much every top board on the market has good programming though. You can't really go wrong with Tadao, TAG, Virtue, or even Lucky. I'm not so familiar with new Lucky products, but I've heard things are getting better from them.

The difference in price comes from the difference in the boards. Lucky prides themselves on lower priced goods, but still putting out a good product. Tadao, Virtue and TAG boards come with a heftier price tag because of the name and quality associated with that name. With those boards you are definitely getting the best product, but you are gonna pay more for it.

I like either Tadao or Virtue. Tadao is an awesome company, with a great reputation and easy to use boards. Virtue has a lifetime warranty, so you can get upgrades anytime new software is released for free. Tadao charges a small fee for this. TAG doesn't offer a board for the Ion, but they'd also be a great choice if they did.

Tadao and Virtue are the same price, so just take your pick. Either choice will be good. Virtue does have a lot of other upgrades to choose from also.

aftermarket boards just make it faster.
Meh, for the most part, not true. I have NEVER gained speed with an aftermarket board.

Theheroguy
01-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Get the t-board my friend has one and it's awesome that or the lucky my other friend has a lucky

Jobberwocky
01-29-2007, 12:17 AM
well the t-board or the blackheart would be the cheapest, but i'm not sure how they stack up to timmyshoota's list...

JailBreakJIm
01-29-2007, 03:59 AM
I just got my Ion, and I picked up a new barrel, trigger, feedneck, ASA, HPA tank, all of the goodies. Now I was told that I should consider picking up a aftermarket board. What makes an aftermarket board better then the stock? What makes one aftermarket better then the other? What exactly do they do? and why do some cost only 85-100 and some cost 140-170? And overall which one do you think I should get and why?
Get a lucky board lucky 5.1 body and a QEV
www.buyluckypaintball.com (http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Categories?category=Products+for+the+Ion)

yamaha cow
01-29-2007, 10:10 AM
my blackheart board is absolutly amazing i play woodsball where we can use unlimited ramping and its good for that but its cheap enough where its cheap to buy a new one.