PDA

View Full Version : i have no idea what 2 call this

paintballkid0206
01-27-2007, 02:11 PM
i go 2 school and my friends call me a paintball freak. i take my APG magazines 2 every class so i can look at future upgrades. anyway, heres the important stuff. i had 1 of my friends ask me y i liked paintball. she said that it is a pointless game where u shoot ppl. i didnt really no wat 2 tell her 2 convince her that she is wrong. any advice?

Theheroguy
01-27-2007, 02:21 PM
call her stupid and punch her in the head... :dodgy: no but seriously I hate it when people ask me something like why do you like paintball and I turn around and say why do you like football/soccer/indoor track and all I get is a blank face even though those people could tell you everything about those sports. Say you enjoy the thrill or competing against your fellow ballers. Fighting along side your brothers in combat and testing your battle prowess while having fun with others is why you like paintball. Also shooting stuff is cool.

Hossy
01-27-2007, 02:33 PM
its just like when someone says, "Why do you like that girl" is she pretty, nice, smart or attractive in other reasons?

Same thing for paintball, in paintball i really like the adrenalin(sp?) rush, the instant way you can bond with someone, by just playing in a walk on game, and the fun of helping others in something you love and know.

like other sports, I also play basketball, and i like it because im good at it, but also that it helps get alot of anger out. You can easily succeed and by doing things you can help in big ways

timmyshoota
01-27-2007, 02:50 PM
like other sports, I also play basketball, and i like it because im good at it, but also that it helps get alot of anger out. You can easily succeed and by doing things you can help in big ways
You're like 7 feet tall, of course you're good. ;)

RIpaintballer
01-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I play baseball, football, wrestling, golf, video games, and paintball. =)
No ever asked me why I do any of those sports.

paintballkid0206
01-27-2007, 04:39 PM
call her stupid and punch her in the head....

ya i think ill do that. lol. jk. thanx all i actually got some good advice off of this thread and i didnt even get yelled at. lol

El Duche
01-27-2007, 05:25 PM
you could always tell them that the only way to understand why is to play. Words of advice also: APG is great for woodsballers. The mags a little more geared toward speedball are SPLAT(if you like more pictures than words), Paintball games international(more wordy), Facefull(lots of words and very nice photography), and PB2X is good also.

you could also quasi quote ollie lang when he said something like, "I'm not a malicios person, but the feeling you get after shooting a person in the face with a paintball is beyond words."

or

It happens on a random Monday. coming back from an event or a late Sunday night right before you get on a plane and your about to get frisked for a third time. You’re driving, you’re flying, or you’re sitting with the guys from the team. You're drinking stale coffee trying to stay awake. You're explaining the fat welt of the side of your neck to a confused stranger or best friend. You’re coming back to life, the one without paintball. Where no one understands why you do it. You're tired; you’re working on little sleep. The question creeps up and you try to ignore it. "Why do I do this? Why the travel, why the losses and the missed work and the missed school, hours of practice and complaining girlfriend? "Because the lure of living a paintball life is just too potent, and the products of the road and travel are memories forever and trips to strange lands with stranger people. At tournaments, it feels like, for once, you actually get to live as loud as you want. It's worth the sacrifices, its worth all the bull****. Because if you work hard enough, a Sunday will roll around, and you'll be in the huddle, with your hand in, one amongst ten playing for the world title, and suddenly, all those clichés you've ever heard make sense, and you are defined. You say it to yourself and it means everything. "I am a paintball player, and this, right here, is my life.""
-Matty Marshall

PumaPride04
01-27-2007, 05:36 PM
It happens on a random Monday. coming back from an event or a late Sunday night right before you get on a plane and your about to get frisked for a third time. You’re driving, you’re flying, or you’re sitting with the guys from the team. You're drinking stale coffee trying to stay awake. You're explaining the fat welt of the side of your neck to a confused stranger or best friend. You’re coming back to life, the one without paintball. Where no one understands why you do it. You're tired; you’re working on little sleep. The question creeps up and you try to ignore it. "Why do I do this? Why the travel, why the losses and the missed work and the missed school, hours of practice and complaining girlfriend? "Because the lure of living a paintball life is just too potent, and the products of the road and travel are memories forever and trips to strange lands with stranger people. At tournaments, it feels like, for once, you actually get to live as loud as you want. It's worth the sacrifices, its worth all the bull****. Because if you work hard enough, a Sunday will roll around, and you'll be in the huddle, with your hand in, one amongst ten playing for the world title, and suddenly, all those clichés you've ever heard make sense, and you are defined. You say it to yourself and it means everything. "I am a paintball player, and this, right here, is my life.""
-Matty Marshall
words of a true man

paintballkid0206
01-28-2007, 05:01 AM
thanx 4 all the advice