PDA

View Full Version : recocking prob

yod3r
01-27-2007, 03:00 PM
ok my got a rodeo like 3 months ago and today hooked up a tank so he could shoot it and it was leaking outa the expansion chamber. I told him to put some oil on the o-ring in the expansion chamber and it stopped the leak but now it wont recock after he shoots it. Do you guys no whats wrong and how to fix it?

rodeoshooter
01-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I general, make sure the expansion chamber is screwed on tightly. You can use plumbers tape (teflon tape) on the threads if you have future leakage problems.

When the tank is hooked up, what is the reading on the guage? If it's not recocking, it sounds like you need to adjust the regulator pressure, which is a black allen screw on the side of the foregrip. Turn the screw counterclockwise (unscrew it) until the gauge reads in the green. Let us know if this is not the problem!

vwjimmy
01-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I would not recommend teflon tape on the regulator threads....the o ring should be all you need. If the o ring to the expansion chamber/reg was dry and leaking, the striker o ring probably is too. I would tear the marker down, clean it and lube the o rings before I made any pressure adjustments. The pressure should be around 800psi in an unmodified Rodeo.....
Clean and lube it and try again. If it doesn't recock then, and you know your tank is full, you can begin to look at the pressure and make the necessary adjustments. How old is your Rodeo? Some had regs in the ASA and the newer ones had regs in the foregrip. Also, some had adjusters on the side of the reg and the newer models have an allen in the base of the reg.
Good luck and keep us informed of your progress!

ooglieboogliebob
01-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Yep. Just give your gun a full cleaning. The most likely problem would be the striker o-ring not lubed.

It could also need to turn up the pressure on the regulator if you have one.

Besides that make sure the sear and striker are both sharp.

yod3r
01-29-2007, 06:56 PM
I general, make sure the expansion chamber is screwed on tightly. You can use plumbers tape (teflon tape) on the threads if you have future leakage problems.

When the tank is hooked up, what is the reading on the guage? If it's not recocking, it sounds like you need to adjust the regulator pressure, which is a black allen screw on the side of the foregrip. Turn the screw counterclockwise (unscrew it) until the gauge reads in the green. Let us know if this is not the problem!

i already told him to screw in the expansion chamber in tight but il recomend the teflon tape. And for the regulator pressure he said the gauge was already in the green

yod3r
01-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I would not recommend teflon tape on the regulator threads....the o ring should be all you need. If the o ring to the expansion chamber/reg was dry and leaking, the striker o ring probably is too. I would tear the marker down, clean it and lube the o rings before I made any pressure adjustments. The pressure should be around 800psi in an unmodified Rodeo.....
Clean and lube it and try again. If it doesn't recock then, and you know your tank is full, you can begin to look at the pressure and make the necessary adjustments. How old is your Rodeo? Some had regs in the ASA and the newer ones had regs in the foregrip. Also, some had adjusters on the side of the reg and the newer models have an allen in the base of the reg.
Good luck and keep us informed of your progress!

he just got it so its pretty new, hes gonna bring it by this sat. with a full tank so then i can explain to you guys a little better because hes not the greatest at explaining lol

yod3r
01-29-2007, 06:59 PM
i told him to take the whole gun apart and clean it but idk if he actually knows how so when i get it this sat. il do everything you guys hav told me and il get u posted on the progress. Thanx for the suggestions so far.

shunut
01-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Please instead of making 3 posts in a row, edit your first one. Thanks.

yod3r
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Please instead of making 3 posts in a row, edit your first one. Thanks.

k srry bout that i didnt notice that i did

yod3r
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
ok guys i REALLY need help now. My friend wasnt explaining very well so forget everything i said. When i put the air tank in, instantly there was a leak and it sounds like its coming from where the air enters the gun but the leak is on the inside. When i stick my finger in there the leak stops and when i cock the gun it gets alot better but is still leaking. Also the thing wont recock when shot. Could you guys plz help me out, i wanna get it working for my friend

Hob Hayward
02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Its the cupseal I'm willing to bet. Strip the gun down, clean everything, lube up the striker and the bolt (if its alum). When you do that replace the cupseal with the spare that should have come with the gun. Also, make sure the valve isn't in backwards its a common problem and it would lead to not recocking and possibly the bad cup seal. Remember big hold goes out, small hole in.

yod3r
02-04-2007, 07:23 PM
well hob i wuld win the bet cuz i took the valve out and i was already in right, i lubed EVERYTHING up and cleaned everything and i replaced the cupseal so wats else could it be, plz help me out guys