PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Tank, what capacity?

OWNED!
01-26-2007, 09:16 PM
well i got a standard co2 tank, i think its a 12oz, and this guy at my arena told me that im not getting as much pressure in my gun cause of the expansion chamber, and suggested getting a better tank. what do you guys think? new tank? or stick with the old one?

boomerisnuts
01-27-2007, 07:05 AM
I dont think the mr1 even has an expansion chamber. you are getting the same pressure. All co2 tanks are the same unless they have an anti syphon in them. the tank you have now is fine but your not going to get that many shots out of it. get another 12 or just get a 20. The better tank he suggested might have been a compressed air tank.
hope this helped
boomer

Xtreme
01-27-2007, 07:24 AM
If Im not mistaken, I dont think a expansion chamber changes the pressure all that much or even at all, it just lets the CO2 convert from a liquid to a gas if it doesnt expand before entering your gun/marker, only a regulator can alter the pressure entering you gun/marker. As for the size of the tank my opinion is base the size off your play, like do you play longer games or short games and if you have to ability to refill your tank often, like in shorter games you can refill more, but if you play a longer game, means more shots means more air. I have a 20oz and can shoot almost a case of paint, but every marker/gun is different and CO2 also varies on temp. Just my .02 hope this helps.

paintballkid0206
01-28-2007, 10:07 AM
im almost sure that the mr1 doesnt have an expansion chamber. i run mine on a 20oz co2 tank and it runs beautifully.