PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, My nipple's leaking

spyderaron
01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, the black tape ( I think it's teflon ) around my fill nipple is leaking. I think it's just a bad tape job. We tightend it and It slowed down, but now its leaking fast again. So, why is it doing this and how can I fix it? Will I be able to fix it on my own? Please help.

Hossy
01-26-2007, 06:39 PM
check the Oring, that is probably the problem

EDIT: i have the same tank, and that was the first problem i had was the fill nipple oring

timbertiger20
01-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh no, My nipple's leaking

My wife says that means your pregnate! Shes not much help is she?

Hossy
01-26-2007, 06:46 PM
eh sorry i didnt read the rest of the question, but yes you can fix it, you just need the right size oring, and then reteflon it. It wont be too hard, it took me around 5 mins to do mine

DRAGON
01-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Just use teflon tape if it's actually leaking from the threads and make sure you remove all of the old stuff first. Don't let it get into the tank reg. If it's leaking from the hole in the nipple then as stated, you need to replace the o-ring in the nipple valve -

spyderaron
01-26-2007, 07:40 PM
sorry, yeah it's leaking from the threads. what teflon tape should I use? If you could give me a little more instruction I would apricate it. I'm realy low tech.

DRAGON
01-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Most people use the white tape. I use the yellow since it's thicker, needs less wrappings and much more simple to use. I'd say if you don't know anything about teflon tape, maybe you should consider having a tech at a pro shop do it for you -

bigred76
01-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I would do it yourself... going to the shop for a teflon tape job is just sheer waste. Pick up like 5 rolls of teflon in a pack at Home Depot for about $2.50. That should last you quite a while. It's in the plumbing section, and is white. The differing colors have different mil thicknesses, but they all basically do the same thing. I personally just use the white kind because it's just stupid to use one type for gas, one type for liquid, and one type for thread locking... might as well just use the one kind that does it all and is easiest to find!

As for how to do it, take off the fill nipple (after the tank is EMPTY!), and wrap the teflon tape around the threads counter clockwise. This way will help keep the teflon on the threaded portion as you screw it back into the tank's regulator, which is the next step.

Backmanshooter
02-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry your nipple is leaking. ;)

ooglieboogliebob
02-03-2007, 09:44 PM
As for how to do it, take off the fill nipple (after the tank is EMPTY!), and wrap the teflon tape around the threads counter clockwise. This way will help keep the teflon on the threaded portion as you screw it back into the tank's regulator, which is the next step.

Might be a bit confusing if you look at the threads the wrong way so here's a refined explaination.

Twist the nipple to the right as if you were screwing it in and put the teflon tape on leaving atleast 1 thread untaped. (you don't want the tape getting into the reg)

Anyway, you want to tape it to the right so the teflon tape will stay and will roll with the threads rather than unraveling while you screw it in.

MVS1
02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Might be a bit confusing if you look at the threads the wrong way so here's a refined explaination.

Twist the nipple to the right as if you were screwing it in and put the teflon tape on leaving atleast 1 thread untaped. (you don't want the tape getting into the reg)

Anyway, you want to tape it to the right so the teflon tape will stay and will roll with the threads rather than unraveling while you screw it in.
I'm so glad you clarified this...I tried the other method with my wife and she got really pissed, said I was doing it wrong
:roflmao: sorry I've been drinking and that was to good to pass up :D

RIpaintballer
02-04-2007, 05:06 AM
i wish u best of luck with your nipple

Oscum Guy
02-04-2007, 10:13 AM
drain it. take it out and put more teflon tape on it. put it back in. fill it. test it.