PDA

View Full Version : Ion

TLXshoota
01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Well after talking to a few of you guys I have decided to buy myself an Ion, what should I know about them? What are some upgrades or add ons that you guys think I should get? General teching/upkeep? Sorry, I am really a noob to paintball, however alot of this stuff will not be over my head if you explain it to me, I am 35 and have a job as well so money is not that big of a problem here. Thank you all.

nbishop66
01-26-2007, 11:28 AM
You should go to www.ionowners.com (http://www.ionowners.com) and read. Look for me over there to under the same name. I am 40 and I get as much money out of my wife as I can.:mad:

There are quite a few guys over there that are over here. If you have any questions after you do some reading feel free to ask.

What kind of ION did you end up getting?

Muddytaco
01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
There are a few upgrades that i would get right away:

Feedneck- The stock one uses orings to hold the hopper, good idea but doesn't work very good at all. A SP q-lock feedneck would be a good choice, clamps good and easy to take on and off

QEV- Its cheap and and works good, It allows the air coming out of the bolt chamber to filter right out side the chamber instead of traveling all the way back to noid, allows the bolt the cycle faster and lets you drop dwell down

Trigger- mostly personal opinion on this one, if you like the scythe shape VP and critical both make really nice triggers, blade style CP and NDZ are pretty good

Bolt-There are tons of choices on this one, haven't had a ion for awhile so idk what is good anymore, they will usually drop dwell and pressure and give you more shots per tank, also drops the kick of the gun down.

Reg- stock is fine

Body- some after market bodys let you remove the back cap and take out the bolt after loosening the frame screws, then there the stage 5 bodys that are like dm's and allow you to get right to the bolt after removing the back cap, others are just shells like the stock body

boards- there are many to choose from but they all do about the same, add more modes of fire and finer adjustment of the settings.

I guess thats about it, remember you will want to use hpa instead of CO2 if you don't already have a hpa tank to avoid problems with your noid.

As for up keep, Just lube the bolt and check the orings. I do it to all my guns before i play everytime but you can probably get away with doing on a less often schedule.

lmk if you have any specific questions about any of this.

TheRedBarron
01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Nice book Taco. :yeahthat: :p

Muddytaco
01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
lol thanks

Hossy
01-26-2007, 01:53 PM
You should go to www.ionowners.com (http://www.ionowners.com) and read

There are quite a few guys over there that are over here.

Yeah, im sad to say but many more people will help you there specifically on the ion.... I know that we can help, but they will give the same answer as us, but maybe a little quicker because everyone on that site really has an ION.

I know im on there, but mostly for selling purposes. I know for sure that there 5-10 other guys there who are also on there. Look for some familiar names...

the only thing id dissagree with taco about is the reg. Id suggest to get an aftermarket reg, but if you are on a budget, its a great reg for a stock one!