PDA

View Full Version : Which barrel kit?

emf7301
01-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm looking to buy a new barrel kit and have narrowed it down to both the J & J Edge elite kit and the Evil Pipe kit. I'm leaning towards the J & J because i know they make good stuff but i've heard good things about the Pipe also. I've found both for the same price so basically i'm asking for ya'lls opinion. And yes i did just say ya'll cause we say that in Texas :D. Thanks ahead of time for your input.

thechubbss12
01-26-2007, 04:43 AM
Yall ROFL... i hear that all the time lol

IMO i love my Pipe kit.... Its ball on ball accurate and looks amazing... plus you can do what i did and put a stiffi front on it =)...

ZenocidePilot
01-26-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm looking to buy a new barrel kit and have narrowed it down to both the J & J Edge elite kit and the Evil Pipe kit. I'm leaning towards the J & J because i know they make good stuff but i've heard good things about the Pipe also. I've found both for the same price so basically i'm asking for ya'lls opinion. And yes i did just say ya'll cause we say that in Texas :D. Thanks ahead of time for your input.

I would suggest neither. I've had great success with the Hammer Head barrels. I've got three of them that I run (not at the same time of course). They have barrels of all sizes and weights. My smallest barrel is called a Sharks Tooth, it's 5.5" long with the fin and is the smallest rifled barrel on the market right now. My next one is a 10" Pro Series and my big barrel is a 14" Bang Stixx. These last two barrels have true rifling and are counter bored at the tips. They also have Reverse Porting which sends the noise of the shots back and to the sides of you making for a quieter shot downrange. The Counter boring allows the paintball to regenerate after being somewhat compressed by the rifling of the barrel. If you want to check out their website it's http://www.hammerheadpaintball.com. Yes, the barrels are a wee bit on the steep side, but, like me, you may not ever need another barrel. Like every piece of advice you should still take mine with a grain of salt and go with what you feel best about. Good luck and play safe.

timmyshoota
01-26-2007, 07:10 AM
I used a Hammerhead barrel once and HATED it. The guy I borrowed it from was a sponsored player, so he had extras. I used it solely for the purpose of seeing how it was, so I was paying attention to everything. Accuracy was crap, and I had so many barrel breaks. With my stock UL barrel I was shooting fine again.

I'm not a big fan of the Pipes, never had success with those either. ULs or Stiffis for me.

vwjimmy
01-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Personally, I like the Edge kit. I have a Pipe kit for my sons Pimp and it is nice too. Here is something to consider:
All these kits have multiple backs that are threaded for one type of marker. As such, I have a Spyder Edge Kit, an Empire Cocker Kit, an Angel Empire Kit, an Impulse Pipe Kit, and a T98 Knock Out Kit.....that is alot of barrel kits! Over the years, as I have aquired and used different markers, I have picked up a kit for each...and it gets expensive! The freak I have now can be used on all of my markers by only buying the correct threaded 'back'....that means that all the tips (Stiffi, Teardrop, AA, etc) will ork on all of my markers!
Buying a new back is alot cheaper thann a whole new kit. Sooner or later you will end up with at least two different threaded markers. Maybe you call one a 'backup' or maybe you just use each one in different situations but carrying only one 'Kit' with an extra back is alot easier than carrying two complete ones.
Food for thought

Muddytaco
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I agree with jimmy on this one. The Freak kit is a very good option. You simply buy a back and you have a barrel kit for a gun. I have had my freak kit for about 3 years now and have gone through just about every other barrel there is but i still have my freak kit. It just makes it easy to buy a single back instead of selling one barrel kit to get another one. Also if you decide later on you want a carbon fiber barrel deadlywind makes a carbon fiber barrel that takes freak insert to control the bore. I currently have the deadlywind barrel and its probably my favorite right now. Dye UL barrels are also nice, a single bore ul barrel will shoot better then most kits from what i have seen when playing with mine.