PDA

View Full Version : Funny VS3 story..........

DRAGON
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Got a phone message yesterday from a local pro shop. It was the owner saying she had a VS3 in for repair and she wasn't familiar with them. Seems there was a leak down the barrel and she asked if I had a cup seal for them. I called her back and said I had one in the repair kit that I got with my VS2. She mentioned that she charges $25 an hour for labor and if I wanted to stop by and fix it she'd throw teh $25 at me -

I stopped in after work today and as I suspected first of all the battery was dead. Seems this guy bought it from Ebay and it was in this condition when he got it. So she got me a regular 9V and I told here it would only work for a short while with the regular 9V. I pulls back on the bolt and it was loose as hell. I pulls the bolt out and looked in the slot and the striker was in backwards. :o When I pulled up on the bolt pin I noticed that the pin was too easy to pull up on so I removed the pin and the detent and spring was gone. Looking at the reg, the adjuster was turned all the way in(that means it was turned all the way down for those of you that aren't aware of it). That was just the beginning of the nightmare..........

So I started to break it down to get at the valve since to change the cup seal you need to remove the valve. As I removed the eye covers I noticed one of the detents was gone. I finally get to the VA and when I removed it there was some sort of metalic metal shavings wrapped up in the valve pin spring. It was like a coiled piece of metal(steel wool looking) like someone shaved a piece of aluminum. I removed the valve and unscrewed the 2 pieces to inspect the inner o-rings. They looked OK so I changed the cup seal and put everything back together -

Once I got everything back together the leak was gone but it wouldn't recock. I started thinking there was a bad striker o-ring, one of the valve o-rings was bad or the reg was messed up. I removed the bolt and tried it and it recocked no prob. I got to thinking about the recocking probs some were having. Someone mentioned that the detents were rubbing on the bolt slots so I used some silicone oil that I brought with me to run through the reg and applied some on the bolt detent slots. After that it worked like a charm besides the battery was going dead. Had I not known all of these things, someone else could have been tinkering with this marker for quite a while and still not fixed it -

I just mentioned this funny little story because I wanted people to know this is the type of DEALS you get on Ebay. Don't know what this guy paid for it but he seemed to have gotten totally screwed lol. This brand new marker was totally screwed as well and the seller had no idea what he was doing, easily deciphered by the bass ackwards striker(lololol), missing parts, internal metal shavings and reg turned all the way down. Oh, did I mention that the valve screw was turned out as far as possible and the reg fell off as I was working on it? EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! -

Hossy
01-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Got a phone message yesterday from a local pro shop. It was the owner saying she had a VS3 in for repair and she wasn't familiar with them.

its good to hear that there are still equal oppurtunities out there, and a little reminder that paintball isnt just for guys!

but lol thats hilarious...how much did you make? an woah, that was definatly one messed up gun

shunut
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
lol

Some people just don't deserve to own a paintball marker, especially since there are diagrams, manuals and of course our site.

DRAGON
01-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I made $25 cash for about an hours work and another customer came in while I was working on the VS and wants to pay me $25 to tune his Imp. Then wants me to draw up a list of ups for it so I can install them as well for some more $$$$. I have a feeling she will be calling on me again in the future. Woot for equal opportunity and she's a mighty fine specimen of PB lady as well -

He didn't get a manual, spare parts kit or box for that matter with this marker. Can you say Ebay Rip lol? -

Theheroguy
01-25-2007, 06:28 PM
uhhh my brain hurt and my heart cried

shunut
01-26-2007, 05:40 AM
He didn't get a manual, spare parts kit or box for that matter with this marker. Can you say Ebay Rip lol? -

Yeah, he got ripped, but as for the manual, thats easy to fix since you can find it online.

clickclicksplat
01-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I dunno, if it was me and I got a gun like that, I'd take it into a proshop too... I'm perfectlyu comfortanble with routine maintenance, but with a marker that effed up I'd want someone who really knew what they were doing to take a look at it.

CareBear-Killer
01-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats an awsome story man. Although, I'm left to wonder if the guy that took the marker in is the one who caused the problems though.

Maybe he's a smart Ebayer, and a horrible PBer?? who knows. either way it goes, atleast he was smart enough to take it in to a shop.